Automated profile activation question

I am trying to set up the site so that once the member confims their email address, they are automtically approved and activated. That was how I had it set up on D6 but I can't seem to get it set that way on D7.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Anyone know how to set this up on D7?

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

The answer is "Yes"

My question: 

Is it really necessary to bump a topic after 26 minutes?  Seriously, was that really necessary?

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Oh, great and powerful navigation menu, I call upon thee!--- what's this? The damn web server is down again.

Oh, what? Alright, we're back. As I was saying: navigate to administration, settings, moderation settings; you'll find what you seek inside.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Oh, great and powerful navigation menu, I call upon thee!--- what's this? The damn web server is down again.

Oh, what? Alright, we're back. As I was saying: navigate to administration, settings, moderation settings; you'll find what you seek inside.

Thanks for the pointer Magnassoft. I had already looked at that though and the choices on offer didn't seem to offer what I require but since you directed me back there I thought that I might have misunderstood the first option so I checked that one, performed a test and it worked.

Automatic profile activation after joining > I thought this actually meant automatic activation after joining bypassing the confirmation email process and admin approval. Think I need to get some more sleep. Been working on this upgrade for a while now and really should take some time out.....lol.

Thank you for your help.

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

If you switch off Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email, your members cant login without email confirmation.

If you switch off Automatic profile activation after joining, members cant go to their profile even after they confirm their email addresses. They will see an ACCESS DENIED message.

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Where are these settings?

Are they enabled with a module and, if so, which module?

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

If you switch off Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email, your members cant login without email confirmation.

If you switch off Automatic profile activation after joining, members cant go to their profile even after they confirm their email addresses. They will see an ACCESS DENIED message.

If the option Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email is checked it simply means that when people try to join, their profile is automatically confirmed, bypassing the email confirmation process and opening the door for bots to come along and add many a useless and fake profile that may end up spamming your real members.

If the option Automatic profile activation after joining is checked and if used in conjunction with the choice above left unchecked, then when people try to join, the whole process is securely automated in that they must prove they are a real person by confirming their email address and once they do they are automatically activated.

If the option Automatic profile activation after joining is left unchecked then you will be forever having to manually activate new members, one by one if you want to have a look at their profile to see if there is anything suspicious or on a mass scale by checking all the profiles that need to be activated when looking at the Admin Panel>Members then scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on activate.

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Where are these settings?

Are they enabled with a module and, if so, which module?

You can find these settings in the Admin Panel>Settings>Moderation Settings.

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

I answered this exact same question in an other thread yesterday.  Use the forum search people and stop making post for the same question over and over again.

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Hello,

Having issues with profiles not getting activated.

Current settings are:

Automatic profile activation after joining,  checked.
Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email, checked.

With the above configuration, shouldn't the profiles be self activated?

It seems like I have to manualy activate the profiles. 
Running D7
Cleard cach

According to another post, it stated that the email notifications isnt working. so i like to have the profiles auto confirm until 7.1 is available.

Any ideas how i can have the profiles auto confirm until 7.1 is available?

Quote · 19 Apr 2010

I need some assistance. With Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email, is not checked means that members cant login without email confirmation and Automatic profile activation after joining, also not checked but the members are still autimatically approved and activated. I have checked the check boxes and it seems like there are no fifference whether it is checked or not. Any reason for this?

Quote · 11 Sep 2010

I unchecked Automatic profile activation after joining and i unchecked Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email.

Profile is activatet by standard, no admin confirmation, no email confirmation

Quote · 26 Apr 2011

Even if

"Automatic profile activation after joining" and "Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email" are both unchecked

and

"Preserve profile status after profile info editing", "Enable notification about new members" and "Enable albums auto-approval" are checked

on my D7.1 Beta1 the members must be enabled by the administrator.

See my products at http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/ilbellodelweb | Hosting: zarconia.net
Quote · 16 Nov 2012

Can't reproduce this problem.

Even if

"Automatic profile activation after joining" and "Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email" are both unchecked

and

"Preserve profile status after profile info editing", "Enable notification about new members" and "Enable albums auto-approval" are checked

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 18 Nov 2012

I have this same problem

Even if

and

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine...
Quote · 28 May 2013

If the option Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email is checked it simply means that when people try to join, their profile is automatically confirmed, bypassing the email confirmation process and opening the door for bots to come along and add many a useless and fake profile that may end up spamming your real members.

If the option Automatic profile activation after joining is checked and if used in conjunction with the choice above left unchecked, then when people try to join, the whole process is securely automated in that they must prove they are a real person by confirming their email address and once they do they are automatically activated.

If the option Automatic profile activation after joining is left unchecked then you will be forever having to manually activate new members, one by one if you want to have a look at their profile to see if there is anything suspicious or on a mass scale by checking all the profiles that need to be activated when looking at the Admin Panel>Members then scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on activate.

I must be doing something wrong or I'm not fully understanding how the security works.

Within my system I have a number of test accounts I use to login and do some testing, I've thought the "deactivation" would allow me to have these accounts on they system but if they're deactivated they can't login. However, I deactivate their accounts and those accounts can still login, and access other modules. Does the cron job have to run first after you select the users and deactivate?

Quote · 26 Nov 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.