Bashing

I don't post much or get into much here on the forums as you can tell by my posts. I sure don't get on here just to talk or bash anyone. The only time I really post is either helping someone or asking others for help. That is what the forums are for. But for the short time I have been here there is more and more bashing going on with Boonex. People blaming Boonex for not knowing how to build there sites. That is not even the real problem. The real problem is that they don't even want to learn how to build on the boonex system. Sure they can pay others to build there so called site but just think it is not yours then. I know programing is not easy to learn and to have a boonex site you really need to learn it or at least understand it. Or you will be paying a lot of other people for your so called site. That in no way is boonex's fault or anyone on the forums that are trying to helping others. Remember no one can read minds on to how you think or you want your site to be.

Boonex is not for everyone. It is one of the most advanced and complex systems out there and yet you can have it for free. There are bugs in the system right from the start, you just have to learn on how to do things on it yourself. For the new people out here don't think that just because you can hit that download button and you have the system on your PC that you are going to be making money off that site. You have to build it the way you think you want it. You have to learn how to build it an stop bashing others because you paid someone a lot of money to make your site. That is your own fault for not knowing. Yes, you will pay. But you could also try learning. The people in the forum will try to help you learn. Do go getting made because you ask something in the forum and no one is answering. How about the people that did see your post or ideal just don't understand or know them selves. That might be why you don't have an answer. Then if you do have to hire someone. Try not to just pay anyone to do it. Do your research on that person. Talk to that person. See who else used that person and if there are any bad reviews or complaint on that person. If you don't do that then you deserve to get burned. You know there are people out there that make that there job. There only job is to find the people that don't do there job and research about someone their going to pay and scam them. Hell I can't blame them too much. There doing there so called job. You just have to do your and protect yourself.

For the people that don't know how to build the site and want to hire others to try to make money off of Boonex. My best advice to you is to talk to the well known developers here on boonex. Go message the mod makers that have a good rep. But again don't go getting mad at them if they don't want to do it. That means either they don't understand what you want or know it is way out of their range of things they can do. Just look for someone else that has a good rep here. Then you know you will not get burned. Again don't go blaming boonex because of your lack in knowledge. They're doing what they can to work out their bugs on the base system that you can have for free.

Again I don't post much here and don't know the right place for this post.. Was thinking blogs but just didn't think fit there.

Quote · 21 Mar 2014

well said!!

Quote · 21 Mar 2014

It seems to be human nature to complain more than praise.  Given the sheer number of lines of codes and what Dolphin does it is a pretty remarkable platform.  And it is close to plug n play as much as any piece of software is; you have to learn how to use any software or platform and that takes a bit of time.  You can not install Dolphin one day and launch your site the next; you have to allow time to get it set up properly.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 21 Mar 2014

yes, very well said TS.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 21 Mar 2014

Bashing, smashing.... this is a pointless statement. We all know how advanced Boonex is. If you really look at the core issue, it's one of lack of timely response and development that moves at such a slow pace that a snail could lap it 3 times a year...

Yell

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 21 Mar 2014

There is a BIG difference in 'Bashing' and putting someone clear on something etc

I don't agree with pointless bashing with the only aim of knocking someones confidence and efforts, and which is not productive in anyway!

To counter this I in-fact have learned to use my own knowledge, skills and capabilities to 'bash back' those who try to attack me personally or on professional level.

However, I do also think there are times when some people just need to hear the way things are and somewhat be 'put straight'.

In regards to Dolphin ... I am a solid supporter of Dolphin / BoonEx and the possibilities are endless! I have built a number of small businesses around Dolphin and can say that in my own opinion there is NO better free social community platforms out there!

What makes Dolphin even better for me is in-fact the BoonEx forums ... Away from my clients and personal interest / use of Dolphin, I enjoy reading the threads, helping out where I can and generally getting involved. I consider everyone (especially many of the seasoned members/webmasters I have got to work with or even have a good chat with) at BoonEx a friend especially after all the days and nights going back years and years I have been active here.

I am happy BoonEx 'take time' when getting fixes and further development done >>> to me this means BoonEx core team will be doing a thorough job. I would be more worried if BoonEx was shooting out loads of fixes and new features at supersonic speeds ... 

What makes me laugh at these forums is those that have no idea about programming, languages and development complaining about fixes / development time etc when they have NO real idea about any of it!

I have spent a number of years learning programming, many different languages and mastering my own skills and know it's no easy thing that just anyone can do! Perfecting projects etc takes time (many long days and nights) and plenty of whacking head against the wall.

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 21 Mar 2014

I won't say well said to the OP, because in his post he never once mentions the name of the product.  The name of the product is Dolphin.... not Boonex.  I guess I'm just a stickler for getting all the details correct.  Nevertheless, I would agree with what he said.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 21 Mar 2014

I won't say well said to the OP, because in his post he never once mentions the name of the product.  The name of the product is Dolphin.... not Boonex.  I guess I'm just a stickler for getting all the details correct.  Nevertheless, I would agree with what he said.

Really? lol ... from the master basher himself..... Cool

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 21 Mar 2014

I only bash people who are victims of their own stupidity.  If you paid attention, you would realize that.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 21 Mar 2014

Thank you TS. Really appreciate your support and the helpful advice to bring with it. 

From my position, I would add that "bashing", as in criticising, is something we should learn to appreciate rather than avoid. Even when critique come from ill-informed or arrogant positions. BY now we've learnt not to take it personally, but such inputs gives us perspective on what we could do to improve. There is no "perfect" product, but we can continually broaden our market by improving things for those who "don't get it" just yet. Good mantra for us would be "the client is not stupid, the software is not good enough for them yet".

Say, take HL for example - he hives us more headache than 10,000 "average" clients, but the product benefits from that headache, and it's all win-win.

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 26 Mar 2014

RE:

Say, take HL for example - he hives us more headache than 10,000 "average" clients,

That's all?   I hadn't realized I'd been slacking that much.  I'll have to pick up the pace.

Quote · 26 Mar 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.