Change background color for thumbnails

How can i change the background color for the thumbnails?

Or even better, how can i force the pictures in the thumbnail to fill all the square, how are you guys doing it?

http://screencast.com/t/cxVRQyuA

How can i change, remove or add new options for this sections in the different boxes- and how do i cange the color for the buttons??

http://screencast.com/t/6wgFK9HesC

I have added weight in KG from 40 too 140KG - I would like it to be set as "maximum" KG - so when my members search, they press like 59 KG. Then all profiles UNDER 59KG would appear? How do i do this? Because right now, only the profiles that weigh excately 59KG would appear...

http://screencast.com/t/N0WhvCfeK0c0

Kind regards
Lisa <3 

Quote · 26 Aug 2014

You have a custom template. There are borders around the images(The square ones) that could be removed, however as it is a custom template, other those with the same template can help you. Either post url to site and have css caching turned off so we can use firebug or other element inspector to find the css code. Or contact template developer.

As for your non-square portrait images. Filling the box with those requires stretching the image width which will distort it. So it best to just change the BG color on those.

Changing the links in the page blocks as shown in this image http://screencast.com/t/6wgFK9HesC requires custom code changes. There is no builder in dolphin for managing those links. And they must be specific to the content in that block. You can't just stick anything there. As for the color of those buttons. Again because it is a custom template we cannot tell you without looking at the site.

As for the weight search. That would also require custom code changes to the the way the search function works.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 26 Aug 2014

You can fill the image container without distorting the image, however you can't do it without cropping it, as you can see:

You have a worse problem though.  The left column is too narrow to display the top menu of the block on the left.  You should go back to two columns for your home page.

screenshot.png · 242.9K · 311 views
My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 26 Aug 2014

You can change the color of the buttons in: templates/tmpl_palcom/css/custom.css   (around line 373)

.page_column div.dbTopMenu div a:hover, .page_column .dbTopMenu .active span, .main-container-custom div.dbTopMenu div a:hover, .main-container-custom .dbTopMenu .active span {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #386607;
    border-radius: 6px;
    color: #fff !important;
    text-decoration: none;
}

As for the square thumbnails, in /templates/tmpl_palcom/css/custom.css   (around line 516)  Change the padding to 0 (zero)

div.featured_blocks div.thumbnail_image {
    background-color: #dddddd;
    border: 1px solid #bbbbbb;
    padding: 5px;
}
My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 26 Aug 2014

Thanks guys, it really helped me out ;-)

Quote · 28 Aug 2014

You can fill the image container without distorting the image, however you can't do it without cropping it, as you can see:

You have a worse problem though.  The left column is too narrow to display the top menu of the block on the left.  You should go back to two columns for your home page.

, u rock! And thanks But I dont want to use a two columns, i like the way it look and would like to completely remove the selector in the left colum. So it just shows newly uploaded pictures - that's it.

Do you know how i can remove this selector? 

Do you know how i can remove the profile headline(not the nicknames) from the pictures in the middel of above picture?

Do you know how i can move the nickname of each profile to be under the pictures, instead of to the right?

And final question, do you know how i could make the pictures to fit the whole box out. Would require maybe making a new colum of pictures and stack them closer side, by side :-D

Regards

Lisa

Quote · 28 Aug 2014

PM me your URL :)

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine...
Quote · 29 Aug 2014

Do you know how i can remove this selector?

You can't remove it without removing all of them, but you can turn off the display of that particular db top menu.

Add this to the end of /templates/tmpl_palcom/css/custom.css

div#dbTopMenu105 {
 display:none;
}

The top menu in every content box will have a unique id number, which you can find by inspecting the element with firebug,  The id number will remain the same, unless the feature that the content box belongs to is uninstalled, then reinstalled.  When you add little customizations like this, it's a good idea to encase the changes with some comments, so you'll be able to find it later, and to remember specifically what it does...eg.

/* Begin remove db top menu from left photo block on home page by tmep */

div#dbTopMenu105 {
 display:none;
}

/* End remove db top menu from left photo block on home page by tmep */

If you ever need to find all the changes you've made, you can just search for 'tmep', and you'll know why you did it.

Quote · 29 Aug 2014

RE

Do you know how i can remove the profile headline(not the nicknames) from the pictures in the middel of above picture?

If you look in the files /templates/base/thumbnail_single.html   and   /templates/base/thumbnail_couple.html

<bx_if:profileLink>
    <div class="thumb_username">
        <a class="bx-def-font-large" href="__usr_profile_url__">__user_title__</a>
        <br />
        <i class="bx-def-font-small bx-def-font-grayed">__user_info__</i>
    </div>
</bx_if:profileLink>

If you remove the highlighted code, the headline will go away.  HOWEVER... this is a global change.  the info will be removed wherever the thumbnail block is used.   I don't even use the headline field on the join form.  I think it's useless.

Quote · 29 Aug 2014

RE:

Do you know how i can move the nickname of each profile to be under the pictures, instead of to the right?

Do you mean like this?

memberBlock.png · 78.5K · 244 views
Quote · 29 Aug 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.