Connection with Pseudo or email

Hi,

I look around the forum, but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

Maybe I am just blind (some will maybe say stupid), put there is something that really annoy me with the connection.

So now we finally have the possibility to choose real name (First and last name) to be display instead or Pseudo in dolphin.

But my problems are:

1. On the connection windows, you have to put a Pseudo to connect to Dolphin. Why isn't possible to use for example the email address to connect instead of the pseudo ?

2. If I forgot my Pseudo, even if I click on "Forgot my password", I will not get my pseudo in the email I receive. How do a user get a email with his pseudo if he forgot it ?

Any help to get this problems out of the way will be really appreciate.

Thanks

Quote · 18 Sep 2013

1.  Dolphin supports the account's username, email address, and ID number for logins.  The language key used on the login form mentions usernames, but you can change this from Dolphin's language settings.

2.  The forgot password utility uses the account's email address to create and send a new password to the user.  The email by default includes their username, ID number, and new password.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 18 Sep 2013

This will require a code change to the forgot.php and the email template.

An alternative to this is my Advanced Password Forgot module. This module sends you a link that can be used once, to logon to the site and will redirect your members to (for example) the profile edit page. Here people can change their password and also see their username.

If for some reason there is a need to display the username in the email I can add that feature to it.

http://www.boonex.com/m/advanced-password-forgot

Dedicated servers for as little as $32 (28 euro) - See http://denre.com for more information
Quote · 18 Sep 2013

Where are code changes required?  The forgot password utility uses the account's email address, and sends an emails with the username, ID, and new password.

Email templates can be edited from Administration -> Settings -> Email Templates. To edit the login field to ask for the account's email address instead of username, go to Administration -> Settings -> Languages Settings. Search for "_NickName" and edit the string to replace "Username" with "Email".

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 18 Sep 2013

1.  Dolphin supports the account's username, email address, and ID number for logins.  The language key used on the login form mentions usernames, but you can change this from Dolphin's language settings.

2.  The forgot password utility uses the account's email address to create and send a new password to the user.  The email by default includes their username, ID number, and new password.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH NATHAN PATON !!! It was so easy. I just didn't know that changing the language key, will be enough to connect with the email.

Funny, but in my email template it is missing the username:

<bx_include_auto:_email_header.html />

<p><b>Dear <RealName></b>,</p>

<p>Your member ID: <b><recipientID></b></p>

<p>Your password: <b><Password></b></p>

<p>You may login here: <a href="<Domain>member.php"><Domain>member.php</a></p>

<bx_include_auto:_email_footer.html />

I try to add:

<p>Your Pseudo: <span style="color:#FF6633; font-weight:bold;"><NickName></span></p> but didn't work, and show RealName instead.

Thank you also Denre for your answer. I did see your "Advanced-password-forgot", but wasn't now the solution to my question. I think I will add it later to my site.

Quote · 18 Sep 2013

Where are code changes required?  The forgot password utility uses the account's email address, and sends an emails with the username, ID, and new password.

Email templates can be edited from Administration -> Settings -> Email Templates. To edit the login field to ask for the account's email address instead of username, go to Administration -> Settings -> Languages Settings. Search for "_NickName" and edit the string to replace "Username" with "Email".

I do appologies if I'm wrong. I thought it uses <realname>, <reciepentId>, <password> and a link to the member.php page.

However, I  did not check the array for the existence of the username.

Dedicated servers for as little as $32 (28 euro) - See http://denre.com for more information
Quote · 18 Sep 2013

I try to add:

<p>Your Pseudo: <span style="color:#FF6633; font-weight:bold;"><NickName></span></p> but didn't work, and show RealName instead.

<RealName> shows the username, despite suggesting otherwise. Changing the member display name under Administration -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Profiles to First, Last, or First + Last Names makes <RealName> use one of those values.

Quote · 18 Sep 2013

The confusing bit is in the BxDolEmailTemplates.php

function parseContent($sContent, $aKeys, $iMemberId = 0)
    {
        $aResultKeys = $this->getDefaultKeys();
        if($iMemberId != 0) {
            $aProfile = getProfileInfo($iMemberId);

$aResultKeys = array_merge($aResultKeys, array(
                'recipientID' => $aProfile['ID'],
                'RealName'    => getNickName($aProfile['ID']),
                'NickName'        => getNickName($aProfile['ID']),
                'RecipientUrl'=> getProfileLink($aProfile['ID']),
                'Email'       => $aProfile['Email'],
                'Password'    => $aProfile['Password'],
                'SiteName'        => getParam('site_title'),
            ));
        }
        if(is_array($aKeys))
            $aResultKeys = array_merge($aResultKeys, $aKeys);

return $GLOBALS['oSysTemplate']->parseHtmlByContent($sContent, $aResultKeys, array('<', '>'));
    }

Quote · 18 Sep 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.