Deanos Tools Support - part 3

Quote · 29 Sep 2015

Free modules = everyone has them, so they shouldn't be at the bottom? I can't even uninstall the one that's on my site now that's not working.

You should still be able to uninstall it. A updated module will not correct that issue because the upgrades instructions will be to uninstall the old version first.

So your going to need to explain what is happening when you try to uninstall it.

As for the priority of how i update modules. The number of people using it is irrelevant. Paid modules means people paid me money for them, thus it is their right to get updated modules first.

Technically i don't even need to update, or even continue to support free modules. Modules that people paid me money for have to come first.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 29 Sep 2015

Ah. I bet i know why you can't uninstall. I am guessing your getting a error pertaining to removeExceptionsFields

To fix edit the following file. modules\deano\deanos_tools\install\installer.php

Remove this code from the file.

function install($aParams) {
        $aResult = parent::install($aParams);
        $this->addExceptionsFields(array('POST.dbcsDTphpcode', 'REQUEST.dbcsDTphpcode', 'POST.dbcsDTsqlquery', 'REQUEST.dbcsDTsqlquery'));
        return $aResult;
    }

function uninstall($aParams) {
        $this->removeExceptionsFields(array('POST.dbcsDTphpcode', 'REQUEST.dbcsDTphpcode', 'POST.dbcsDTsqlquery', 'REQUEST.dbcsDTsqlquery'));
        return parent::uninstall($aParams);
    }

Then try to uninstall it again.

Quote · 29 Sep 2015

OK - kind of awkward - I'm a webmaster new to Dolphin, who got on board with 7.2. Looking for a way to add an admin, I found you, Deano, and your plug-in, which is incompatible. And now I'm hearing that you aren't into it? I'd pay something if you asked, to solve my problem, and while I have no idea why there is a compatibility problem (that could be a big deal), I'll probably think of you as not caring and indifferent to those who are new to Dolphin, your future customers, possibly.

What say ye?

Quote · 9 Oct 2015

OK - kind of awkward - I'm a webmaster new to Dolphin, who got on board with 7.2. Looking for a way to add an admin, I found you, Deano, and your plug-in, which is incompatible. And now I'm hearing that you aren't into it? I'd pay something if you asked, to solve my problem, and while I have no idea why there is a compatibility problem (that could be a big deal), I'll probably think of you as not caring and indifferent to those who are new to Dolphin, your future customers, possibly.

What say ye?

I have a full time normal job. Over 40 modules that need to be updated for a version of dolphin that was just released on Sept 1'st. Only 5 weeks ago.

It's not a matter of not being into it. It's a matter of time. It takes time to update that many modules. People need to have a little patience. I am going as fast as i can with what little time i have available to work on them.

And because i also have customers that purchased modules from me unlike the tools which are free, i am obligated to update all of the paid modules first, and the free modules last. Thats the way it is and how it has to be done.

Quote · 9 Oct 2015

What say ye?

I have a full time normal job. Over 40 modules that need to be updated for a version of dolphin that was just released on Sept 1'st. Only 5 weeks ago.

It's not a matter of not being into it. It's a matter of time. It takes time to update that many modules. People need to have a little patience. I am going as fast as i can with what little time i have available to work on them.

And because i also have customers that purchased modules from me unlike the tools which are free, i am obligated to update all of the paid modules first, and the free modules last. Thats the way it is and how it has to be done.

Quote · 18 Oct 2015

I agree with RockRadio.  Thank you for the wonderful work you do for the Dolphin Community.  Yes, I am anxiously awaiting an updated version of Deanos Tools.  Ive been using them for a long time now.  But I do understand your reasons for not having an update out just yet.

Don't rush your work just because others feel you should.

Steve

Quote · 30 Oct 2015
Hello , when I try to install this module shows me the following message

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxDeanosToolsInstaller::addExceptionsFields() in public_html/Dolphin/modules/deano/deanos_tools/install/installer.php on line 27

regards

Quote · 13 Nov 2015

Hello , when I try to install this module shows me the following message

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxDeanosToolsInstaller::addExceptionsFields() in public_html/Dolphin/modules/deano/deanos_tools/install/installer.php on line 27

regards

Your most likely trying to install in on Dolphin 7.2. The tools are not yet compatible with that version of dolphin.

Quote · 13 Nov 2015

Hi Deano, your 'tools' module is pretty much the most useful one I've ever installed on D, any idea when it will be updated for 7.2?

Personally I think you should be charging for this one, I would be willing to pay for it to get it 7.2 ready!

Thanks

Quote · 4 Dec 2015

I came on here to try and find out if there was an update to Deano's Tools but I have seen a few of messages complaining about Deano's Tools being low in the priority list.

I don't wish to use this to start an argument but to those people who complain, I ask."Would you be happy if a module you paid for had lower priority than a free module?" I think not.

This guy has some great modules that work well.

I have Dean's Tools and love it but while I would love the update asap I do understand he has other priorities.

Anyone who knows the slightest thing about coding knows it is a very laborious thing. It takes time to ensure it all works as faultlessly as possible and no one can plan for all the infinite permutations. Deano obviously puts a lot of time and effort into his modules to give the most reliable modules possible.

Give him a break! It will happen when it happens.

Keep up the good work Deano!

Quote · 19 Dec 2015

I have a fairly simple question.... 

Everyone is saying the tools are not ready for 7.2.x

Is this actually correct? I know that the display would go totally wonky but couldn't we get functionality back simply by setting a css control to "tbody {display: initial !important} 

Or have there been so many changes in the database that this wouldn't work?  

Quote · 21 Dec 2015

I have a fairly simple question.... 

Everyone is saying the tools are not ready for 7.2.x

Is this actually correct? I know that the display would go totally wonky but couldn't we get functionality back simply by setting a css control to "tbody {display: initial !important} 

Or have there been so many changes in the database that this wouldn't work?  

If it would all just be cosmetic than perhaps.

But it's not. I have not fully tested the tools on the new version yet, but i do know there are areas that may not work.

Dolphin 7.2 now has a extra column in the page builders. This new full width column prevents any part of the tools that works on the page blocks from working properly. This is one of the things that slowed be down when i updated my Block Tools module.

Also the tools that sets all pages to the same width may not work as i believe there is a change to one of the parameters that are set.

I don't think there would be any other major problems other than a lot of display problems. But i don't recommend anyone try it on a live site. There could be other problems i am not aware of yet.

Quote · 21 Dec 2015

So I can say absolutely this works in 7.2.1.

It required a few css hacks for the menu's to display, but still worked great. 

Note I did NOT install this on a fresh 7.2.1 installation but rather the tools were installed from 7.1.6 and then  the site was upgraded to 7.2.1 however I have tested adding, editing php blocks, site administrators works, copyright works... and I don't use it for anything else so I really can't say outside of this, but I am happy to have it working on 7.2.1 :)  

Quote · 21 Dec 2015

So I can say absolutely this works in 7.2.1.

It required a few css hacks for the menu's to display, but still worked great. 

Note I did NOT install this on a fresh 7.2.1 installation but rather the tools were installed from 7.1.6 and then  the site was upgraded to 7.2.1 however I have tested adding, editing php blocks, site administrators works, copyright works... and I don't use it for anything else so I really can't say outside of this, but I am happy to have it working on 7.2.1 :)  

Run it if you like, but i still recommend people wait until i have it updated and fully tested.

Quote · 21 Dec 2015

Run it if you like, but i still recommend people wait until i have it updated and fully tested.

I completely agree. The average user should wait for the upgrade and the proper testing. I am often impatient and I break lots of things doing what I do. But sometimes, it works out for the best. 

I was able to copy the profile cover to the detailed info page :) http://www.marketers.coop/profile_info.php?ID=1

That was really the only thing I was aiming to accomplish :) I still think this is the most handy plugin out of every plugin offered paid or free! 

Thanks for everything you bring to this community :)  

Quote · 21 Dec 2015

Well, well.

So this module is free but myself and many others do have paid modules from you Deano that still haven't been updated for 7.2.0 let alone Dolphin's new 7.3.0 version.

We too need to work, to pay for Dolphin modules.

Upgrading Dolphin is a Pain.

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 17 Mar 2016

I like Deano. I really do! He has had the most 'amazing' mod offers. Especially this one!

But as of today, not a single module of his is showing as updated for 7.3. Not one. Free 'or' Premium.

So, at least for now, I can only suggest that 'buyer beware'.

Quote · 9 Apr 2016

Such a shame. I guess there comes a time when the hours needed to check and change are no longer rewarded.

Head Injections work and we can use log-in as member (manually). Make a note of the old URLs before you upgrade and see the string. Copy them or get the password from database.

Et voila.

But really, we shouldn't have to do workarounds.

I had my eye on more of Deanos Mods, but he's lost a repeat customer.

Michel on Meta-Travel.com

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 9 Apr 2016

Any updates on upgrading this module to work on 7.3?

Out of all your modules, this is one that has become staple for my use..

Said before, willing to pay for it (rather than a free mod) if you can update...

Quote · 22 Jun 2016

I'd pay for this module to be updated too! It really is a great help :) 

Quote · 27 Jul 2016

Any idea when this will be upgraded for 7.3.1

Everyday is a new beginning.
Quote · 29 Jul 2016

When will this superb module be updated to 7.3.X

Quote · 16 Sep 2016

Awesome mod. Perhaps if Deano isn't around to update the compatibility, perhaps an existing developer like Anton V or Dolphin Mods might take on an independent republishing of the package.

Quote · 17 Oct 2016

I am still around. Not as much time as i used to have. The tools will be updated as soon as i am done with the rest of my paid mods.

Most of the stuff in the tools i will be adding to the dolphin core over time via github.

Quote · 17 Oct 2016

Please update this awesome module to compatible with 7.3.3, would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Quote · 23 Dec 2016

I have just tried to remove "Deanos Tools" prior to installing the upgrade as recommended.Unfortunately when I try to uninstall I get a blank screen. I know its not a PC or site problem because I can uninstall other apps ok.

I've tried several times and get the same result.

I'm running Dolphin version 7.2.1 and Deanos tools version 1.8.5

Can anyone offer any help in how to uninstall this version please?

Kind regards

GD

Quote · 18 Jan 2017

hi

your site :http://www.deanbassett.com/

SORRY. SITE IS CURRENTLY DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER.
Walter - http://www.ForeignTeacher.com
Quote · 24 Jan 2017

Please update this awesome module to compatible with 7.3.3, would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi Deano

Do you have any ETA on the compatibility of this module for V7.3.3?

Thanks and cheers

Quote · 15 Mar 2017

Dear Deano,

Whats up with the 7.3.3 version?  

PlsPlsPls make a update 8)

Quote · 14 Apr 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.