Dolphin Anti Spam support forum. - part 3

Quote · 15 Nov 2014

Thanks Deano I appreciate this. Actually I still have a lot of value in the Anti-Spam module even with this portion disabled.  I still have a ton of other features with this that are blocking bot registrations and spammers.  This simple 5 second rule I am find with.  Unfortunately I've had 5 total members blocked by this rule.  It's odd that I lowered the number to "1" and still had 3 additional blocks on this rule according to the log.  I plenty of other things in place to prevent sign ups I don't want. Your mod has been one of the most valuable I've purchased. Thank you. As for the SMS that option is not viable for me though I think its an awesome feature. I can not assume everyone owns a cell phone. My site reaches out to a lot of people in the "country" and cell service is not available there.  Also I like the ease of them being able to get started right away.  For other genre of sites I think the SMS verification is an awesome feature.

Quote · 15 Nov 2014

I can not assume everyone owns a cell phone. My site reaches out to a lot of people in the "country" and cell service is not available there.

Very true. Two years ago i lived in a area that did not have cell service. So that has also been taken into consideration with my SMS Captcha. It can send the code to a email address for verification instead as a backup for those that don't have cell service, or their provider is not on the list.

I even have a standalone email only captcha available as well. I am also considering adding the email captcha as an addition to future versions of the spam filter as a option. Not sure if i will actually make it part of the spam system tho.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 15 Nov 2014

I can not assume everyone owns a cell phone. My site reaches out to a lot of people in the "country" and cell service is not available there.

Very true. Two years ago i lived in a area that did not have cell service. So that has also been taken into consideration with my SMS Captcha. It can send the code to a email address for verification instead as a backup for those that don't have cell service, or their provider is not on the list.

I even have a standalone email only captcha available as well. I am also considering adding the email captcha as an addition to future versions of the spam filter as a option. Not sure if i will actually make it part of the spam system tho.

I didn't know that thanks. Whatever it is your choose to do, just don't stop doing what you do. Your mods have held their value for my website. Thanks.

Quote · 16 Nov 2014

Wann kommt das Update für 7.2?

Quote · 31 Dec 2015

I do not have a ETA yet. Still have quite a few modules to update.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 9 Jan 2016

Man I wish I did not upgrade TruckingSpace.. Now I am getting pounded without this module..

Quote · 16 Jan 2016

Inzwischen gibt es die Version 7.3 und immer noch kein Update in Sicht. Wird das noch was oder müssen wir deano-Module zukünftig abschreiben?

Meanwhile, there is the version 7.3 and still no update in sight. If the something or we must deano modules depreciate in the future?

Quote · 22 Mar 2016

Man I wish I did not upgrade TruckingSpace.. Now I am getting pounded without this module..

I would love an update to the spam database but somehow mine is still working and blocking registrations and visits when you view the log data. Deano if you are out there is there a gofund me amount we can generate to update this? lol. I laugh but I'm kind of serious. Such a valuable mod and I miss Deanos tools still to this day it kills me.

Quote · 9 Sep 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.