Dolphin Twitter Mod Support (Modzzz)

This is the Support forum for the Dolphin Twitter mod

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
8 Aug 2010

Modzzz...

I did not find this on your demo site..Please I want to test this..and see if it needs an updates or so..what is the link for the demo site for it

30 Sep 2011

Modzzz...

How can I change the word SAVE on the input box..this should be "Post" not save..On the setting correct, but on the the post..it should be post...Please pass me the language string for that button only.

1 Oct 2011

And, I have another question..

You said in the description that all friend by default are followers, ok..you installed this mod, and I already have friends..then now come I do not see them under "Followers menu"

I guess what I am asking what happens to friends before installation? Are they following each other? and where they un-follow!!

1 Oct 2011

See my signature for demo site link.

Modzzz...

I did not find this on your demo site..Please I want to test this..and see if it needs an updates or so..what is the link for the demo site for it

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
1 Oct 2011

Version 2.0.1 released. (see patches/version_2.0.1 folder)

Synchronizes Tweets with Profile Status Message. Therefore, if Profile Status Message is updated, it will be reflected in the Tweets and vice-versa.

1 Oct 2011

Thanks for the update, but quickly,

1) what lanuage key changes the word "Save" this should be "Post"

How can I change the word SAVE on the input box..this should be "Post" not save..On the setting correct, but on the the post..it should be post...Please pass me the language string for that button only.

2) I guess what I am asking what happens to friends before installation? Are they following each other? Because you said, friends are being followed by default.

1 Oct 2011

1) what language key changes the word "Save" this should be "Post"

RESPONSE : _modzzz_tweet_save . In the future, you can find any language key for any module by looking in : modules\name-of-developer\name-of-mod\install\langs\en.php

2) I guess what I am asking what happens to friends before installation? Are they following each other? Because you said, friends are being followed by default.

RESPONSE : When I say "by default", I mean immediately after the mod is installed on the site. Afterwards, individual members can change their follow settings as they desire.

Thanks for the update, but quickly,

1) what lanuage key changes the word "Save" this should be "Post"

1 Oct 2011

I see..but here what my test just show..and in response to your answer

I have 129 friends...I did not see them being immediately  I am following them..That is ok..it seems..

.Also,

I see different behavior now..When I click on follow some members, some gets approve automatically..and some NOT....why and were this gets set? 

I will sent send you my access

1 Oct 2011

Modzzz...

There is a major problem with this mod...for EVERY 1 post it is sending 2 to 7 times PER-Post..

Please fix it..this could cost SPAMING too...i will send you 2 demo accounts..

2 Oct 2011

The problem is resolved. Re-apply the file changes for the latest patch (do not re-run the sqlupdate.php)

Modzzz...

There is a major problem with this mod...for EVERY 1 post it is sending 2 to 7 times PER-Post..

Please fix it..this could cost SPAMING too...i will send you 2 demo accounts..

2 Oct 2011

can I see a demo link to this module

10 Nov 2011

Check the demo link in my signature.

can I see a demo link to this module

14 Dec 2011

what lanuage key changes the word "Save" this should be "Post"

15 Dec 2011

I have already told you in other channels that an update is coming that will address this.

15 Dec 2011

Re-upload the language file for the mod (modules\modzzz\tweet\install\langs\en.php) and recompile the language for the mod.

16 Dec 2011

Thanks very much!

17 Dec 2011

Hi, I just sent you an email, then i found this support forum so i thought i post the issue here as well.

I bought the Twitter Mod from you, version 2.0.1. I'm using Dolphin 7.0.8.

It installed fine and is working as far as i can see it, except for one for me very important thing, you can not write the three Swedish characters åäö in a comment. I really need to be able to do this since my target group is Swedish. Do you know how to fix this issue?

I hope you will be able to help me out here otherwise i have to remove the mod.

Best

17 Jan 2012

I do not see any mail from you. Have you applied the latest patch to the mod ? This issue was fixed in a patch.

Hi, I just sent you an email, then i found this support forum so i thought i post the issue here as well.

I bought the Twitter Mod from you, version 2.0.1. I'm using Dolphin 7.0.8.

It installed fine and is working as far as i can see it, except for one for me very important thing, you can not write the three Swedish characters åäö in a comment. I really need to be able to do this since my target group is Swedish. Do you know how to fix this issue?

I hope you will be able to help me out here otherwise i have to remove the mod.

Best

17 Jan 2012

Magnificent! I didn't see that you released a patch.Now everything is fine.

Do we get any info about new patches or do we have to check the market now and then?

Thanks for the quick reply.

17 Jan 2012

Subscribe to this support thread (and the support threads for all mods you buy) and you will be notified automatically when the thread is updated.

Magnificent! I didn't see that you released a patch.Now everything is fine.

Do we get any info about new patches or do we have to check the market now and then?

Thanks for the quick reply.

17 Jan 2012

I tried to send you another email but since you didnt get the last one i will post the question here as well. (I sent it to d*******ods@gmail.com)

I have been running the twitter mod for a while now and it's mostly working fine, it's one thing though that bothers me and the users. When the number of tweets exceeds the "Number of Tweets to show on profile: " they have no option to read the messages older than that.

Is there some way we can modify the mod so it shows a link to old entries? Something like a "older entries, page: 1, 2, 3, 4, etc" at the bottom?

I hope you can help me out.

23 Jan 2012

I would be very grateful if someone gave me an answer on this, I also think this would be something all the rest of the users of the twitter mod would like to have.

Best 

24 Jan 2012

The feature you have asked about is currently not available. It will be considered in the next mod update.

I would be very grateful if someone gave me an answer on this, I also think this would be something all the rest of the users of the twitter mod would like to have.

Best 

24 Jan 2012

Yes that would be fantastic, also please give us an option to allow <a> formatted url's, preferably with target=_blank rel=nofollow options.

I found a few more of your mods i will get in the near future. Keep up the good work!

25 Jan 2012

Hi again..

Now I'm here bugging you again. I was just wondering if you could help me getting the Followers designbox to also show up on the Account Home page. I tried to change my_followers and followers to member in the sys_page_compose table, which made them show up on the Account page in Page Builder , but they wont show up on those pages for the users. I guess they are locked to the viewFollowers.php page.

Is there a workaround to this though? I hope you can help out and maybe I will stop bugging you ;)

28 Jan 2012

Hello again support, any news on my question above?

30 Jan 2012

Additional code has to be written to accomplish this.

Hi again..

Now I'm here bugging you again. I was just wondering if you could help me getting the Followers designbox to also show up on the Account Home page. I tried to change my_followers and followers to member in the sys_page_compose table, which made them show up on the Account page in Page Builder , but they wont show up on those pages for the users. I guess they are locked to the viewFollowers.php page.

Is there a workaround to this though? I hope you can help out and maybe I will stop bugging you ;)

30 Jan 2012

Hi again,

Maybe this time you can help. If I have done nothing wrong myself it seems like we have a bug on the communicator.php page. When you try to accept/reject/cancel the request the page doesnt reload automatically, like it should. This leads to the user thinking nothing happened and keeps hitting the button.

In fact the request was accepted/rejected/cancelled, which you will see if you manually refresh the page.

I have confirmed the problem both on the newest Chrome and Firefox. Can you or anyone else confirm this problem as well.

1 Feb 2012

I'm launching my site soon and am doing QA at the moment, here is another bug:

If a user chooses to get notifications per email ("Turn on Post Notification for New members:" or "New Post Emails:") he does not get an email when one of the people he is following posts an update. He does get one though if one of the ones he is following leavs a comment on one of his earlier tweet posts.

Solution: A user should get an email both when someone he is following posts a comment and a new post.

If the bug i reported on in my earlier post is really a bug, then that one should be fixed before this one though.

1 Feb 2012

I cannot replicate that problem. The mod uses similar functionality to accepting/rejecting friend requests. Check to see if you have similar issue with Friends. That will give you an idea as to whether it is a mod specific issue on your site or a general issue with the site. PM me your site details.

Hi again,

Maybe this time you can help. If I have done nothing wrong myself it seems like we have a bug on the communicator.php page. When you try to accept/reject/cancel the request the page doesnt reload automatically, like it should. This leads to the user thinking nothing happened and keeps hitting the button.

In fact the request was accepted/rejected/cancelled, which you will see if you manually refresh the page.

I have confirmed the problem both on the newest Chrome and Firefox. Can you or anyone else confirm this problem as well.

1 Feb 2012

Regarding the communicator.php. I hit the initialize/send button again and then it started working. It's very strange since I of course did that earlier as well.. Sorry about that, I should have tried that again before posting.

The second bug seems to be a real bug though. I also have a few suggestions for improvement that I will PM you later.

1 Feb 2012

Version 2.0.2 released. (see patches/version_2.0.2 folder)

Fixes problem with displaying non-unicode characters.

12 Feb 2012

Problem is seen on sites where the Spy mod is not installed. This will be fixed in the next release.

Regarding the communicator.php. I hit the initialize/send button again and then it started working. It's very strange since I of course did that earlier as well.. Sorry about that, I should have tried that again before posting.

The second bug seems to be a real bug though. I also have a few suggestions for improvement that I will PM you later.

12 Feb 2012

Version 2.0.3 released. (see patches/version_2.0.3 folder)

Fixes error that occurs when Spy module is not installed on the site.

12 Feb 2012

And I found another annoying bug..

Users can in fact type as many characters they want in the text field, only to discover that the text they wrote gets cut at the limit you have set in the admin area, when they press send.

This of course might just happen once or twice per user till they understand the bug, but still highly annoying when it happens.

Solution: set the text field character limit to the same as set in the admin area

I would seriously recommend you to do proper QA on your mods before selling them, we must be able to trust that what we buy is tested properly. I have already proposed to help you to test your modules and I'm sure you would get help from others as well.

Please fix this issue as well. (And the notification bug above)

16 Feb 2012

Version 2.0.4 released. (see patches/version_2.0.4 folder)

Adds functionality to :
a) show character counter
b) prevent entering longer tweets than the maximum allowable length

21 Feb 2012

Very good, thanks!

Now its only the email notification bug I described above left to fix.

And as I said earlier it would be fantastic if the users could access their twitter history, e.g paginate the history in the designbox.

Best,

Eric

21 Feb 2012

And here comes another bug..

In some places in your code you distinguish between follower and following, like on the original twitter. But what happens in your mod is that when user 1 starts following user 2, user 2 then also automatically starts following user 1.

Since you do distinguish between these different types, follower vs. following, in other places i assume this is a bug. It certainly should work like on twitter. I as a user would like to have followers, but not see all my followers updates in my stream.

I think this is the most important problem with the mod right now, far ahead of the issues i described above.

Best,

Eric

21 Feb 2012

Any response on this? It would be great to hear that you are working on a fix.

23 Feb 2012

I cannot post patches for every mod immediately as someone reports an issue. I have a huge portfolio of more than 100 mods to provide support for. This forum thread, like I always do, will be updated when a new patch is available.

Any response on this? It would be great to hear that you are working on a fix.

23 Feb 2012

Hi,

yes it is understandable that you can not post a fix immediately. But you could respond and confirm that you acknowledge the bug and will have a fix out in around X days. 

Listen, from your customers point of view, which you do have to understand, it is totally irrelevant how many mods you guys have out there. If you have so many mods that you:

1.  Do not have time to do proper QA

2. Do not have time to respond to your customers

3. Sell faulty products

Then

1. You are to few in your staff for this kind of project

2. Your mods might be under priced since the revenues can not support the workload

3. It should be clear that for the price we are paying WE should expect to also take a revenue hit in dissatisfied customers and bug fixing.

Look, you mod makers and we Dolphin admins are in total symbiosis here. If either one of us stop our business the other one suffers, but we also need to be able to trust each other if this is going to work in the long run. Let's pledge for better communication, feedback loops and some serious business relationships.

I don't want to be an ass about this, but "I have many mods out there" is a really really lame response.

Best,

Eric

23 Feb 2012

I do not have a team. I work alone. Very few mod developers here provide similar constant product updates (which are not solely bug fixes but also implementation of client suggested features) than I do. I follow up every support thread that I have on this site and I act accordingly to client feedback. I have responded to every request from you, yet you are hellbent in trying to point me out as a deadbeat.

Hi,

yes it is understandable that you can not post a fix immediately. But you could respond and confirm that you acknowledge the bug and will have a fix out in around X days. 

Listen, from your customers point of view, which you do have to understand, it is totally irrelevant how many mods you guys have out there. If you have so many mods that you:

1.  Do not have time to do proper QA

2. Do not have time to respond to your customers

3. Sell faulty products

Then

1. You are to few in your staff for this kind of project

2. Your mods might be under priced since the revenues can not support the workload

3. It should be clear that for the price we are paying WE should expect to also take a revenue hit in dissatisfied customers and bug fixing.

Look, you mod makers and we Dolphin admins are in total symbiosis here. If either one of us stop our business the other one suffers, but we also need to be able to trust each other if this is going to work in the long run. Let's pledge for better communication, feedback loops and some serious business relationships.

I don't want to be an ass about this, but "I have many mods out there" is a really really lame response.

Best,

Eric

23 Feb 2012

No I am neither hellbent nor do I not think you are a deadbeat. But I admit that I'm a bit frustrated with this mod. It has just been a few too many issues with it.

And yes I do know that you seem to take your job seriously, but so do I. 

I don't want to start a shouting match here, I just wanted some adequate feedback from you.

But what I think is lacking here are the proper tools, this forum is by its very nature not a good solution for bug tracking or prioritizations, at least for us as customers. It's hard for us to understand what goes on behind the scenes if we get no info about it. We have no idea about your workload, your priorities or any progress. If anything, that is prone to create conflicts.

Anyway, as a suggestion, it would be great to see a simple "I confirm the bug - I will try to have a patch out in X days".

Best,

Eric

23 Feb 2012

I will follow your suggestion and provide an acknowledgement response.

No I am neither hellbent nor do I not think you are a deadbeat. But I admit that I'm a bit frustrated with this mod. It has just been a few too many issues with it.

And yes I do know that you seem to take your job seriously, but so do I. 

I don't want to start a shouting match here, I just wanted some adequate feedback from you.

But what I think is lacking here are the proper tools, this forum is by its very nature not a good solution for bug tracking or prioritizations, at least for us as customers. It's hard for us to understand what goes on behind the scenes if we get no info about it. We have no idea about your workload, your priorities or any progress. If anything, that is prone to create conflicts.

Anyway, as a suggestion, it would be great to see a simple "I confirm the bug - I will try to have a patch out in X days".

Best,

Eric

23 Feb 2012

Hi! First of all I'm brand new to dolphin and it's modules. I uploaded all the files following the instruction text file. Then I went to the admin panel, checked the box for the Dolphin Twitter and said "failed" so I tried re-uploading it again and now I can't see it, not even in the "not installed modules". I tried delting and re-uploading all the Dolphin Twitter files, login out and back in, refreshing the page but nothing works.

Got any advice for me?

Thanks in advance.

-Evelyn

28 Feb 2012

You most likely have uploaded the files to the wrong path. PM me your FTP so I can verify.

Hi! First of all I'm brand new to dolphin and it's modules. I uploaded all the files following the instruction text file. Then I went to the admin panel, checked the box for the Dolphin Twitter and said "failed" so I tried re-uploading it again and now I can't see it, not even in the "not installed modules". I tried delting and re-uploading all the Dolphin Twitter files, login out and back in, refreshing the page but nothing works.

Got any advice for me?

Thanks in advance.

-Evelyn

28 Feb 2012

Version 2.0.6 released. (see patches/version_2.0.6 folder)

Mod revamped to remove the need to modify any core files.

31 Jul 2012

I just got the mod and when trying to install I get this:

Installation of: Dolphin Twitter Failed
-- Changing database:
-- -- There are errors in the following MySQL queries:
-- -- Error:

INSERT INTO `sys_menu_admin` (`id`, `parent_id`, `name`, `title`, `url`, `description`, `icon`, `icon_large`, `check`, `order`) VALUES (NULL, @iExtCat, 'modzzz_tweet', 'Dolphin Twitter', '{siteUrl}modules/?r=tweet/administration/', 'Dolphin Twitter Settings', 'modules/modzzz/tweet/|tweet.gif', '', '', @iExtOrd+1);

20 Mar 2013

What is your Dolphin version ?

I just got the mod and when trying to install I get this:

Installation of: Dolphin Twitter Failed
-- Changing database:
-- -- There are errors in the following MySQL queries:
-- -- Error:

INSERT INTO `sys_menu_admin` (`id`, `parent_id`, `name`, `title`, `url`, `description`, `icon`, `icon_large`, `check`, `order`) VALUES (NULL, @iExtCat, 'modzzz_tweet', 'Dolphin Twitter', '{siteUrl}modules/?r=tweet/administration/', 'Dolphin Twitter Settings', 'modules/modzzz/tweet/|tweet.gif', '', '', @iExtOrd+1);

20 Mar 2013
20 Mar 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.