Export members to CSV

Hello Boonex!

Is it possible to export our members into a CSV file?

Quote · 21 Apr 2014

It's not built into dolphin.

There is a mod in the market to export profiles. http://www.boonex.com/m/Profile_Exporter

There may be others. Try a market search.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 21 Apr 2014

You can also just export right out of your DB i yo have access.

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 21 Apr 2014

I adapted a quick little programme to export members name and email address for someone that wanted to use a third party listserv.  I put a link in the members section of the admin.  They click on it and it generates a CSV file for them to save to their local drive.  It can be set up to export any fields from the profile table.

How good are you at adding code, you would be welcomed to use it; it is based off of other opensource code so it is free as in what beer should be; that is if one likes beer which I don't.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 21 Apr 2014

GeekGirl, I would love to try that mod/program out. My goal is to esily export members names and emails so we can put them on an email campaign.

Quote · 24 Jun 2014

GeekGirl, I would love to try that mod/program out. My goal is to esily export members names and emails so we can put them on an email campaign.

You are welcomed to have it; I had a bit of issue on getting the button in the admin where I wanted it; of course the button was for the user of the site.  That is exactly what the person I helped wanted it for, they were using an external listserv and needed to import the users into that listserv.  I need to find it and then will attach it to the post.

Quote · 24 Jun 2014

The zip contains two files, one is the database connect and the other does the exporting to csv.  Now, if you like, just copy the db connect to the main file and have just one file.  To use it, upload the file(s) to your Dolphin site, anywhere, create a new folder or place it in the root; although anyone can run it and get a list of your members so secure it  Then you just run the programme and it will generate the CSV file for you to save to your computer.  I did not included any code for adding a button or link to the admin area.  Edit the db.php file to add your database info.

export_dolphin_members.zip · 1.1K · 459 downloads
Quote · 24 Jun 2014

Geek_girl - Very interested in this - I'd need it added as I am definitely not good with codes.  Let me know if you're available.

www.OEFitness.com: Where Health and Wellness Remain United
Quote · 6 Jan 2015

GG, this looks good.

I have the export module, also have an import module however that one doesnt work! 

Have had to make lots of changes to it to get it to work!

However, both in/out with different CSV layouts etc.... not a prob  but  more work than should be!

You should modify your prog to do both, then re-package it, Im surprised no one has done a import/export module as yet!

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

Geek_girl - Very interested in this - I'd need it added as I am definitely not good with codes.  Let me know if you're available.

Yes, I could help with adding it.  PM me.

Quote · 6 Jan 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.