Fixing what I got

Ok. Since there is no feelings on a good gallery choice, I am forced to fix the one I got. One of the biggest complaints I have is the way the upload feature works from the photo page.

I would like to change two things and I need help.

1. First, the drop down menu to choose an existing album does not display all the albums. I would like it to display all the users albums in an alphabetical list. It's ok if it scrolls.
  2. Second, Where it allows you to create a new album name, I want it to default to "New Album Name", not display the date for a choice. Also, I would like it to deny "New Album Name" as a possible choice. (error message "Must name Album"). My thinking is it will keep people from creating endless albums just to upload one photo. It removes the possibility to create hundreds of single image, pointless albums in the system.

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 14 Feb 2015

I agree with this, when uploading a photo it should default to listing current photos albums. The choice of creating a new album should be separate.  So it should be, Choose an album; with the album name and privacy for creating a new album greyed out.  A checkbox can then me used with the label: Create New Album when checked will activate the new album boxes and grey out the list of existing albums; or something similar along what I have outlined.  This will help prevent the problem that SkyForum has outlined; I have seen this on my site as well.  Just that minor change would improve things.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 14 Feb 2015

Ok, I'm gonna try and fix it myself. I need to know which file I need to edit. Can someone tell me?

Quote · 19 Feb 2015

I thought about this just the other day when I went to upload some photos.  I have been busy with updates and such and just didn't have the time to look at it.

Quote · 19 Feb 2015

In BxDolFilesModule.php

function getInstanceUploadFormArray($aAlbums, $aPrivFieldView, $sAlbumsCaption = false, $sAlbumTitleCaption = false, $sCreateNewAlbumCaption = false)
    {
        $aAlbums[0] = $sCreateNewAlbumCaption ? $sCreateNewAlbumCaption : _t('_sys_album_create_new');
        ksort($aAlbums);
        $aForm = array(
            'form_attrs' => array(
                'id' => '_' . $this->_oConfig->getMainPrefix() . '_album_form',
                'method' => 'post',
                'onSubmit' => 'return submit_quick_upload_form("' . BX_DOL_URL_ROOT . $this->_oConfig->getBaseUri() . '", $(this).serialize());'
            ),
            'params' => array (
                'db' => array(
                    'submit_name' => 'submit',
                ),
                'checker_helper' => 'BxSupportCheckerHelper',
            ),
            'inputs' => array(
                'albums' => array(
                    'type' => 'select',
                    'caption' => $sAlbumsCaption ? $sAlbumsCaption : _t('_sys_album'),
                    'name' => 'album',
                    'values' => $aAlbums,
                    'attrs' => array(
                        'onchange' => 'check_album_name_for_fields(this.value)'
                    )
                ),
                'title' => array(
                    'type' => 'text',
                    'name' => 'title',
                    'caption' => $sAlbumTitleCaption ? $sAlbumTitleCaption : _t('_sys_album_caption_capt'),
                    'required' => TRUE,
                    'value' => $this->getInstanceUploadAlbumTempName($aAlbums),
                ),
                'allow_view' => $aPrivFieldView,
                'submit' => array(
                    'type' => 'submit',
                    'name' => 'submit',
                    'value' => _t('_Continue'),
                ),
            ),
        );
        return $aForm;
    }

Quote · 19 Feb 2015

PERFECT!

Now show me how to fix it (lol)Cool

Quote · 20 Feb 2015

BUMP

Cool

Quote · 4 Mar 2015

When I find the time I might look at this; currently busy with other projects and setting up a new server.

Quote · 5 Mar 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.