Free Dolphin 7.1.4 Template: Ivory II - part 2

Quote · 24 Oct 2014

Update: Added icon css for Boonex Store, Ads, and News.  Some menu icons did not match page icons... this was corrected.

New zip is attached.  icons.css is the only changed file in this update.

IvoryIIss.png · 556.5K · 1060 views
My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 24 Oct 2014

nice

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 24 Oct 2014

very nice just wish it support 3 columns instead of two.

http://vi-bin.com
Quote · 25 Oct 2014

RE:

So what's stopping you from using a three column layout? 

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 25 Oct 2014

Hi HL, first Happy New Year.

I have your Ivory II menu and it really has improved the look of my site, thank you.

I get _MAINNAVMENUULTOP plus the icons are out of order.

Any ideas?

www.asia-connect.asia

Menu.JPG · 72.1K · 489 views
There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 1 Jan 2015

RE

I get _MAINNAVMENUULTOP plus the icons are out of order.

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Free-Dolphin-7-1-4-Template-Ivory-II.htm#246027

Quote · 1 Jan 2015

Any ideas?

You can start by downloading the latest version, then see if any fixes still need to be applied.

Quote · 1 Jan 2015

Why not jsut tell them since no one searches or reads the entire post?

Any ideas?

You can start by downloading the latest version, then see if any fixes still need to be applied.

Quote · 2 Jan 2015

Why not jsut tell them

I did tell them. I told them to download the latest version and even posted the download link.  Does that not meet with your approval?

Quote · 2 Jan 2015

RE:

www.asia-connect.asia

One thing to note, is that this template is intended to display buttons for ALL top menu items at once.  The use of the "More" feature will disrupt the layout of the popup.  If you want to use this along with standard templates, you are SOL.

BTW... you should read part 1 of this topic.  Thanks to Boonex and their idiotic splitting of threads instead of pagination, some of the most useful information gets orphaned.

Quote · 2 Jan 2015

RE

Why not jsut tell them

I did tell them. I told them to download the latest version and even posted the download link.  Does that not meet with your approval?

um, yes; I was just trying to save your fingers..

Quote · 2 Jan 2015

Quoting my own post above:

If you want to use this along with standard templates, you are SOL

Until now, that is.  Attached, is the latest version of this template.

Improvements include:

1. Added a default class/css to menu buttons so that a default icon will appear on buttons that don't have their own specific css.  This should encourage people to add their own icon to the button. Instructions for adding said icon can be found within the first   part of this topic.
  2. This template now ignores the setting in admin for how many top menu items to show before the more item is displayed.  Therefore, you can now use this template with standard templates that need the more tab.
  3. Miscellaneous fixes too trivial to mention.

These changes should provide for a working default layout of the popup menu... even for those of you too lazy to add their own button icons.  I hope you like the really dumb icon I picked for a default.... maybe it will encourage you all to get off your lazy asses and do a tiny bit of customization.

Latest download is below. 

Quote · 2 Jan 2015

RE:

So what's stopping you from using a three column layout? 

i have a 3 column site at least for now when i apply this theme everything go move around so the first and 3 column was in the same position just different line. if that make sense

http://vi-bin.com
Quote · 2 Jan 2015

if that make sense

I'm afraid it doesn't, and without being able to actually see the problem, I will never be able to make sense of it.

Quote · 2 Jan 2015

Many thanks HL, the template is working great and I even created a language key for it...

Now about Trident....

RE:

www.asia-connect.asia

One thing to note, is that this template is intended to display buttons for ALL top menu items at once.  The use of the "More" feature will disrupt the layout of the popup.  If you want to use this along with standard templates, you are SOL.

BTW... you should read part 1 of this topic.  Thanks to Boonex and their idiotic splitting of threads instead of pagination, some of the most useful information gets orphaned.

Quote · 3 Jan 2015

RE:

Many thanks HL, the template is working great and I even created a language key for it...

That's great.  Now imagine how much better it would work if you took the trouble to clear your cache, so that the css changes actually take effect.  Of course if you're too busy, that's OK.... sooner or later the changes will show up.

Quote · 3 Jan 2015

Hi HL,

I did clear the cache...

I will check again.

Stuart

RE:

That's great.  Now imagine how much better it would work if you took the trouble to clear your cache, so that the css changes actually take effect.  Of course if you're too busy, that's OK.... sooner or later the changes will show up.

Quote · 3 Jan 2015

RE

I will check again.

Stuart

I have a suggestion.  Your DB top menu for the 'Home For Sale' block is way too crowded.  You should shorten the language strings so you can have a menu without those awful scroll arrows

Most Recent listings <--- "Recent" is good enough
Most Popular listings <--- "Popular" works
Most Top listings <--- WTF is "Most Top Listings"?  Perhaps just "Top"

You get the idea.

Quote · 4 Jan 2015

...on the correct forum - kuddos to you HL and this fantastic template!  I appreciate the contribution for us numbskulls that continue to slog around on this platform.

In case anyone else has experienced this particular problem, the menu icon in the submenu doesn't respond using Google Chrome when hovering/click/etc.  No way to navigate further down into the tree.

HL - you're going to look into it based on your response on the grayscale template - much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Screen Shot Sub-Nav · 2.7M · 361 downloads
Quote · 5 Aug 2015

This attached download should fix the rollover mouseover, or hover - whatever term that is problem with Chrome.  At least I hope it does.  Who really knows until you upload and try it.  Then there's always the chance that installing this template will cause your entire site to self destruct... that would be unfortunate, but don't say I didn't warn you.  My liability is limited to the price you paid for this template.

Demo: houstonlively.com?skin=ivoryII

Good luck

tmpl_ivoryII.zip · 1.7M · 419 downloads
Quote · 5 Aug 2015

Sweet - that fixed it.  Nothing blew up, which is good.  Thank you sir 

Quote · 5 Aug 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.