HOW TO: Store & Payment Setup

After reading a few forum posts regarding setting up the store and people getting "This vendor does not accept payments", I figured I would go through this tutorial for all of you.

** Since I prefer PayPal for payment processing, this topic will only cover PayPal

If you have not already done so, Install the Payment and Store module from Admin Panel > Tools > Modules

Setup Payment Module:

Active = checked

Mode = Live

Business = your paypal email address

Process type = direct

C alt= HTML

Identity token = (blank)

Sandbox = (blank)

Data return URL: data return URL is unique for every user, it is printed on payment settings page, below all other payment provider settings (edited by AlexT)

You will need to copy that Data Return URL for PayPal below:

Setup PayPal to receive payments:

Login to PayPal

Under Profile click More Options

Under Selling Preferences click Website Payment Preferences

Set Auto Return to ON

Return URL = (paste the Data Return URL here)

Click Save

No need to execute any additional SQL queries to make it work, every user has individual settings, so executing some SQL queries on bx_pmt_user_values table can damage these settings and individual (or maybe all) payments will not work. (edited by AlexT)

** Clear your /cache (except for .htaccess) and /cache_public directories

Add a product from the website (not the admin panel). Make sure you include all needed information, specifically the Product's File area. (yes you need to upload some type of file for some reason. You can make it a readme.txt file or something)

You can test this buy signing in as a member (not the admin)

Go to the Store, click your product, then click Add to Cart

To checkout, you can click the Dashboard Icon (Account page), then choose Cart

You will have the option to Checkout or Delete from cart there.

If you click Checkout, this should take your to PayPal's homepage and prompt you to sign in.

Hope this helps a few people.

Nothing to see here
11 Aug 2010

Hi Zarcon, Thanks for the assistance,.

Why do we have to edit the data base? Isnt already supposed to be set up to just enter your paypal info? I havent tried it yet, so I was wondering.

and also, if we do, will I have to do this for all members, are will this fix the problem for all members? I had assumed that each member would have to enter their own paypal info in the dashboard, and that would be it.

Also, if we will be taking membership payments, will I need to do the same, or do I just enter the paypal info under the membership module?

Any additional inf would be great.

Thanks,

Derrick

Back to pulling my hair out! (ouch, ouch,ouch)
12 Aug 2010

@Sandalsonly,

You have to edit the database because the current settings for bx_pmts_users_values is set incorrectly.

As of right now, only the admin should be selling items in the store. There is only room for 1 paypal setting, so as of right now. members cannot put in payment information to sell items.

Nothing to see here
17 Aug 2010

Where the hell have you been all my life ?

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
17 Aug 2010

I did all of these things and it still doesn't work.  Long ago I lost my admin password so I created another user with admin privileges.  I used that user to create the item in my store.  Could that be a possible problem?

17 Aug 2010

yes look in the profiles table or admin section and see what the ID of that user is....

Then update this staement with that user ID     UPDATE bx_pmt_users_values   SET user_id = '1';

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
17 Aug 2010

Ok, THAT did the trick.  thanks!

17 Aug 2010

This is what I am getting: #1146 - Table 'admin_dolph.bx_pmt_users_values' doesn't exist

Now you need to make some changes in the database. ALWAYS BACKUP BEFORE ALTERING YOUR DATABASE.

Access your database via MyPhpAdmin

Navigate and open the bx_pmt_user_values table

Execute the following SQL Script

UPDATE bx_pmt_users_values   SET user_id = '1';

#1146 - Table 'admin_dolph.bx_pmt_users_values' doesn't exist

bx_payment table.jpg · 114.9K · 860 views
There are none so blind as those that will not see.
17 Aug 2010

typo in the table name.

Should be bx_pmt_user_values NOT bx_pmt_users_values

https://www.deanbassett.com
17 Aug 2010

Now I am getting: #1062 - Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 1

The entries appear twice. If you look at the 'Option ID' you will see they are duplicated. The only difference appears to be Option ID 12, the User ID is '0' and the duplicate Option ID 12 is User ID '1' Please see attached .jpg

This is the Secret Name field.

Do I need to do anything with this?

Many thanks in advance.

Stuart

typo in the table name.

Should be bx_pmt_user_values NOT bx_pmt_users_values

bx_payment table.jpg · 114.9K · 804 views
There are none so blind as those that will not see.
17 Aug 2010

Oh!!

I thought that with the store module, that your members could sell items, as in e-books, sowftware, documents,etc.

I thought that was why in the dashboard each member had a payment setting, so that they can enter that info before they items up for sale.

So if this is wrong, then Shouild I remove payment/settings in the dashboard?

This has been helpfull, because I have been building one whole website that kinda worked with that module.

Thanks,

Derrick

17 Aug 2010

Thanks Deano for the correction in the query. Sometimes I seem to type faster than Im thinking.. haha.

Correct query:

UPDATE bx_pmt_user_values   SET user_id = '1';

Nothing to see here
17 Aug 2010

Thank you Zarcon for the great post, but there is some mistakes in it

So I've corrected original post, by modifying two things:

1. Every user has unique data return URL, so it incorrect to provide one url for all. Data return url looks like this:

http://www.yourwebsite.com/m/payment/act_finalize_checkout/2checkout/<MEMBER ID>

There is member's ID at the end. It is 0 (zero) for selling membership types, in all other cases it is member's ID.

The best way to get this url is to copy it from payment settings page, it is printed below all other payment provider settings.

2. No need to execute any additional SQL queries - there is enough room in the database to store payment settings for every user.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
18 Aug 2010

I suppose that it is not working for some people is that not all payment settings are setup.

Admin need to update payment settings in two places:

1) Admin Panel -> Modules -> Payment -> Payment Details

To be able to sell memberships on the site

2) Site Homepage -> Dashboard -> Payments -> Settings

To be able to sell individual item in Store module.

-----
So who already updated database by running custom SQL query I suggest to restore data from backup and update settings manually.

18 Aug 2010

Thanks Alex, So is everything in order then, Can I go back as planned, and let my members sell their e-books? Is there any other modifications that should be done to allow this?

Thanks everyone for helping to clear all this up.

Thank you Zarcon for the great post, but there is some mistakes in it

So I've corrected original post, by modifying two things:

1. Every user has unique data return URL, so it incorrect to provide one url for all. Data return url looks like this:

http://www.yourwebsite.com/m/payment/act_finalize_checkout/2checkout/<MEMBER ID>

There is member's ID at the end. It is 0 (zero) for selling membership types, in all other cases it is member's ID.

The best way to get this url is to copy it from payment settings page, it is printed below all other payment provider settings.

2. No need to execute any additional SQL queries - there is enough room in the database to store payment settings for every user.

18 Aug 2010

Im lost

This is my data url >> http://www.mysite.com/m/payment/act_finalize_checkout/paypal/0

and my ID is > > 1

wat  Ido next do any to change the ID from 0 to 1 or 0 is fine

Thank's

Post Reply - if you going to help - No for - bla bla bla bla
24 Aug 2010

The Admin ID is a 1, so you will need to change it to that.

Nothing to see here
24 Aug 2010

@Zarcon/Alex T - How do I do this--I want to sell memberships, which gets assigned the value "0," but I also want to sell products, which gets assigned the Member ID value.  I have one Paypal account, and as far as I can tell it only allows me to input one data return path.  I presently have it set with "0."   I am using the same paypal account email address in my Dolphin settings for my memberships account and my products account.  Should I then use the same return path (with the value "0") in both?  Thank you

Someday, Someway.
24 Aug 2010

where I go to change the ID o to 1

The Admin ID is a 1, so you will need to change it to that.

Post Reply - if you going to help - No for - bla bla bla bla
24 Aug 2010

@Zarcon/Alex T - How do I do this--I want to sell memberships, which gets assigned the value "0," but I also want to sell products, which gets assigned the Member ID value.  I have one Paypal account, and as far as I can tell it only allows me to input one data return path.  I presently have it set with "0."   I am using the same paypal account email address in my Dolphin settings for my memberships account and my products account.  Should I then use the same return path (with the value "0") in both?  Thank you

I think you need to have 2 seperate paypal accounts.

One for your memberships and one for your store, your store is being used by you as a member and the memberships are being sold through your website,(if that makes any sense). This way you will have to get  2 different e-mails and paypal accounts! Confusing aint it!LOL

HTH

Derrick

27 Aug 2010
 you don't need two PP accounts (it would be also against PP's policy)). all you have to do is to repeat the process in you PP account and copy the token into your setting. It works, I just tried it.
5 Sep 2010

Has anyone completed a purchase without setting the "Data return URL"

Thanks,

Gary

10 Sep 2010
There is no URL return on my payments settings page. What do I do now?
20 Sep 2010

Excellent HOW TO!

I was guessing how to change the currency to MXN?

24 Sep 2010

Okay, sorry, but I'm still a little confused ....
Will item number 2 permit each member to sell items or is that strictly for the admin/primary account holder?
One of my main reasons for wanting to use D7 was the store ... but I always thought that everyone would be able to sell or trade items and not just one single member. I mean honestly now, wouldn't that be pretty lame? Is there an easy way to allow any registered members to sell items of their choosing?

Thanks.

I suppose that it is not working for some people is that not all payment settings are setup.

-----
So who already updated database by running custom SQL query I suggest to restore data from backup and update settings manually.

5 Nov 2010

It's possible, user just need to update settings on this page only:

Site Homepage -> Dashboard -> Payments -> Settings

Okay, sorry, but I'm still a little confused ....
Will item number 2 permit each member to sell items or is that strictly for the admin/primary account holder?
One of my main reasons for wanting to use D7 was the store ... but I always thought that everyone would be able to sell or trade items and not just one single member. I mean honestly now, wouldn't that be pretty lame? Is there an easy way to allow any registered members to sell items of their choosing?

Thanks.

-----

7 Nov 2010

My problem is that I dont have an option to ucheck "free mode." Free mode does not exist.  Is there a file or something I can check?

29 Jan 2011

My problem is that I dont have an option to ucheck "free mode." Free mode does not exist.  Is there a file or something I can check?

"Free mode" was in Dolphin 6.x and previous versions, it was eliminated in Dolphin 7

1 Feb 2011

hi sorry but does anyone know how to stop other members being able to add product or add a paypal setting in the payment option as my site store is solely for admin to add products not members l can turn off the add product link but l noticed members can still go to payment and try to input there paypal details which can be frustrating l need to turn that option off for members but keep it on for admin can l do that

4 Feb 2011

hi sorry but does anyone know how to stop other members being able to add product or add a paypal setting in the payment option as my site store is solely for admin to add products not members l can turn off the add product link but l noticed members can still go to payment and try to input there paypal details which can be frustrating l need to turn that option off for members but keep it on for admin can l do that

You can remove "Dashboard -> Payment" tab for users, so they will not be confused. Along with "Payment Settings", Processed and Pending orders are for sellers only. As the result it is safe to remove whole "Dashboard -> Payment" page in admin page blocks builder if users can not sell anything on your site.

7 Feb 2011

Any chance of setting up paypal to automatically accpt/process payments without admin having to do it? This is no good when you are trying to sell points which are needed to be used straight away by the customers!

Thanks....

9 Feb 2011

New 7.0.4 site, just patched to 7.0.5 with no errors or problems. The payment module was installed during the 7.0.4 but never configured for PP or 2CO. As soon as I try to go to Admin Panel > Tools > Modules I get a database error and an email from the system as follows;

Database error in Pagan-Playground

Query:

SELECT 
            `tsm`.`id` AS `id`,
            `tsm`.`uri` AS `uri`,
            `tsm`.`title` AS `title`
            FROM `bx_pmt_modules` AS `tm`
            LEFT JOIN `sys_modules` AS `tsm` ON `tm`.`uri`=`tsm`.`uri`
            ORDER BY `tsm`.`date`

Mysql error:

Found error in the file '/home/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx.com/modules/boonex/payment/classes/BxPmtDb.php' at line 311.
Called 'getAll' function with erroneous argument #0.

Line 311 of BxPmtDb.php reads;

return $this->getAll($sSql);

Checking the table bx_pmt_user_values shows data 0,0,null and have tried editing it to 1,0,null and 1,1,null but still gives the same error.
What am I missing? I really don't want to have to uninstall the payment, store and membership modules to fix this.
http://www.pagan-playground.com
19 Feb 2011

i have made all like instruction but i still get the same error: This vendor does not accept payments

however.. i have a question.
have i understand it right, that just admin can sell products about paypal?
if yes, than i dont need store! than the users can take the "ads" modul ... 

users cant sell about paypal or? i dont see a line where they can wrote her paypal-id to get the money.

that is was i missing.. :(

--- call me asa! ;-)
26 Feb 2011

I installed the Payment and Store module in my install of 7.0.5 and then I clear cache. Once I go to Modules---Payment....it automatically gives me an error saying Database Query Error.

And now i cannot uninstall the Payment module. I get the following message when I expand the Failed status.

Uninstallation of: Payment Failed

-- Changing database: 
-- -- There are errors in the following MySQL queries:
-- -- Error: 
SET @iCategoryId = (SELECT `ID` FROM `sys_options_cats` WHERE `name`=@sModuleName LIMIT 1);
-- -- Error: 
DELETE FROM `sys_options_cats` WHERE `name`=@sModuleName LIMIT 1;

Any ideas?

Jeremy
26 Feb 2011

jeremy,

can you enable full debug mode = true, so you can get the database error that its throwing /inc/classes/BxDolDb.php

on or about line 26

define ( 'DB_FULL_DEBUG_MODE', true );

then you get a full output hopefully.

I installed the Payment and Store module in my install of 7.0.5 and then I clear cache. Once I go to Modules---Payment....it automatically gives me an error saying Database Query Error.

And now i cannot uninstall the Payment module. I get the following message when I expand the Failed status.

-- Changing database: 
-- -- Error: 
SET @iCategoryId = (SELECT `ID` FROM `sys_options_cats` WHERE `name`=@sModuleName LIMIT 1);
-- -- Error: 

Any ideas?

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
26 Feb 2011

Set Full Debug Mode to true...but unfortunately...I get the same error.

-- Changing database: 
-- -- Error: 
-- -- Error: 
Jeremy
26 Feb 2011

are you getting the dbase error mailed to you? or do you possilby have your cron setting turned off where you would be notified?

Set Full Debug Mode to true...but unfortunately...I get the same error.

-- Changing database: 
-- -- Error: 
-- -- Error: 

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
26 Feb 2011

What is strange...is that I am getting my emails from when someone new joins the site...but not getting any errors emailed to me.

Jeremy
26 Feb 2011

What I had to do to get mine to work was edit the db directly. I don't use phpmyadmin but prefer mysqlyog instead. results are the same at any rate.

First I backed up the entire db and then I did a stand alone backup of the pmt tables themselves. Then I dropped the pmt tables from the db. In the cart installer there is an sql script for the cart. I ran only the create tables sql script and then ran the insert statements just for those tables. Not sure what the difference was as I never compared them before and after. At any rate, once I did this then I could get to the cart module in the admin and configure pp & 2co without getting db errors.

I am still having issues though as even though I can configure things I haven't figured out yet where the add to cart function is on the customer side. I can view products and the cart is visible down on the flash bar but I can't add anything to the cart yet. Oh well, one step at a time.

Not sure if this will work for you but this is what I did and so far seems to work.

http://www.pagan-playground.com
26 Feb 2011

can sombody answer me pls on my question?
sry. for pushing...

[...]
have i understand it right, that just admin can sell products with paypal?

users cant sell about paypal or? i dont see a line where they can wrote her paypal-id to get the money.
[...]

best regards!

--- call me asa! ;-)
27 Feb 2011

oh ok... today i have understand how it works. fine!

now i want disable "2checkout" for members.... how can i do it?

i want that members can just pay and sell with paypal... 

thanks.

Best regards!

--- call me asa! ;-)
27 Feb 2011

Well I actually would like to see an answer on this questions as well:

Can my my members sell directly their own products having their own Paypal account?

Is there any module allowing something like that?

I see a blog post of Andrew Boon mentioning a BoonexStore. I can't see content of the blog post.....but is that about a real Store Module?

Maybe Andrew if you answer me on this I may upgarde to Premium.

Thanks

can sombody answer me pls on my question?
sry. for pushing...

[...]
have i understand it right, that just admin can sell products with paypal?

[...]

best regards!

2 Mar 2011

Users can sell their own products in Dolphin Store using their own PayPal id, they can point it in Dashboard -> Payments -> Settings

It is default functionality of store module, you don't need any mods for it.

Andrew Boon's post is about BoonEx Store, not about Store module in Dolphin script.

Well I actually would like to see an answer on this questions as well:

Can my my members sell directly their own products having their own Paypal account?

Is there any module allowing something like that?

I see a blog post of Andrew Boon mentioning a BoonexStore. I can't see content of the blog post.....but is that about a real Store Module?

Maybe Andrew if you answer me on this I may upgarde to Premium.

Thanks

3 Mar 2011

[Edited as per rules]

9 Mar 2011

Thank you so much for this post. So now I understand it a little more. I can now see where the members input their paypal info. So if I am correct they need to set the paypal up just like I did in my admin settings just with thier info and they use the data return url in their paypal account to set it up for them to sell in the store. Correct? Also if they do this will this get rid of the download button next to the payment cart? Because right now there is a download button next to it so that it can be downloaded with out even going to the payment cart.

The other problem I am having is that I am getting that " this vendor does not accept payments" message. I understand that I need to edit the database and I looked at it and found it but don't have hardly any experience in working with databases. Can you give me a step by step in how to execute the data base change?

Edited: Ok I made another test user and the download button isn't there for other members just the admin.

20 Mar 2011

i want answer to my own question here and post you all how you can delete swreg for members!
thank you @dolphin_jay

"open your database via phpmyadmin 
look for the table bx_pmt_providers
click the red X next to 2checkout
this will remove the option for 2Checkout payments site wide on all pages it was offered."

best regards!

--- call me asa! ;-)
20 Mar 2011

Thanks asa. I was wanting to get rid of that option as well.

20 Mar 2011

I just created each item and then added a paypal button in the Description box in the html. 

1 Apr 2011

Is there a test credit card number or paypal email address you can test this? I have a banner ads mod I would like to test as well.

Thanks

12 Apr 2011

You can set up a paypal sandbox account at paypal to run tests with but it is a lot easier to have a friend or someone test out the site for you. The sandbox can get confusing. I am looking for someone to test my site right now so maybe we could test each others out? Send me a message if you want to and we can hook up on skype or something,

12 Apr 2011

I just created each item and then added a paypal button in the Description box in the html.

I thought about just having my members do this for products they want to sell, but people who buy through an HTML button can't post reviews. Have you found a way to make that work?

24 May 2011

Any chance of setting up paypal to automatically accpt/process payments without admin having to do it? This is no good when you are trying to sell points which are needed to be used straight away by the customers!

Thanks....

Same request.

Ive set it up to sell memberships but they dont process automatically. they are cued in the admin section waiting for approval.

I need this to be automatic as people are trying to pay to access areas of the site using different timezones. Needs to be instant upgrade with purchase!

Is there a setting for this???

24 May 2011

I have tried to set up 2checkout for cc payments  in test mode it works ok but after purchase it sends me to my site and says "check key is incorrect" on the payment result page.

Does this have some thing to do with the admin menu builder active menu if you click on the active item payment it as a  space that says "check" and a space to write, do I need to fill this box out?

This is for paid membership

13 Jul 2011

Thank you Zarcon for such good help document!!!....indeed help me safe money!!!...

14 Jul 2011

Don't bother with 2Checkout.com

This is what i got from them today.

"It has been noted that your memberships allow customers to engage in video services. 2Checkout.com does not support dating/membership website that include any type of video services. In order use 2Checkout.com to process sales from your website you must remove all video related services. This includes uploading videos, watching videos, video chats, video messaging."

I quite naturally told them where to go.

16 Aug 2011

sounds like the place I would tell them to go...
I wonder why though...

Ive only used paypal...

If people dont want to sign up for paypal.. then they just dont buy stuff from me.

Matthew

1 Sep 2011

This thread helped so much, thanks y'all

28 Oct 2011

Thanks this works

22 Nov 2011

Unfortunately, my payment or store setting does not have any of these options listed. Is that an additional module?

I attached the acreen so you can see!

Thank you

patment1.png · 232.9K · 795 views
patment2.png · 246.5K · 856 views
2 Dec 2011

have you scrolled to the right to see if the dropdown arrow is there? 

seems your page width throws the arrows to the right? 

Unfortunately, my payment or store setting does not have any of these options listed. Is that an additional module?

I attached the acreen so you can see!

Thank you

2 Dec 2011

I did it! I have a feeling it works, but I will not know until I add a product. Thank you so much!

3 Dec 2011

What about those of us who don't do PayPal?

Is there an Dolphin 7 compatible CCBill module?  Payoneer?  Paxum?

I've written my own Shopping Carts, pre- and post-processing, handling $_POST returns from the processor. Can I do it myself?

What are the rules?

23 Jun 2012

I have followed each of these steps a myriad of times. I've tried it in the sandbox using both direct payment  and IPN. I am still unable to connect to PayPal. We are trying to enable the Ads module (the display ads) to accept PayPal. In testing, no matter what I try, I receive the error message: ERROR: API Username, Password, Certificate File and Environment must all be set

Any further information would be most helpful.  Thank you.

10 Jul 2012

Thnx Zarcon, this is very helpful.

14 Sep 2012
4 Dec 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.