Help! I got an email from Arvixe! - part 2

Quote · 27 May 2015

My site running too slow with arvixe ! and when asked in their support chat they say im running at 100% cpu usage ! due to probbaly bad coding , template ....blah blah blah.

Now the surprising thing , im the only active member lol cause i didn't yet share my site , i have 10 members ( not active ).

My question is strait forward -----> I need to know what host can i move to please ? Thanks

Proud Hosted by Zarconia.net
Quote · 27 May 2015

My site running too slow with arvixe ! and when asked in their support chat they say im running at 100% cpu usage ! due to probbaly bad coding , template ....blah blah blah.

Now the surprising thing , im the only active member lol cause i didn't yet share my site , i have 10 members ( not active ).

My question is strait forward -----> I need to know what host can i move to please ? Thanks

You're welcomed to try our shared. You can use the code FREEMONTH at checkout to have a full month free.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 27 May 2015

im in the uk , do you think this will make any difference to loading time ?

Quote · 27 May 2015

im in the uk , do you think this will make any difference to loading time ?

You can play around on our demo site and see how it works: trydolphin.net

* Username: admin

* Password: dolphin

It's hosted on one of our shared servers in the US, with APC cache enabled.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 27 May 2015

i got this error when trying the demo site :

http://trydolphin.net/%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27scheme%27%5D%7D://%7B$aUrl%5B%27host%27%5D%7D%7B$_SERVER%5B%27REQUEST_URI%27%5D%7D

Quote · 27 May 2015

i got this error when trying the demo site :

Sorry, there was a typo in header.inc.php's redirection code when switching the site back from an SSL test. Fixed now.

Quote · 27 May 2015

Some FYI; most shared hosting you will find on the net through searches won't work with Dolphin because they put too many sites on the same server.  Nathan limits the number of sites on his shared hosting; so if you want to go with shared hosting go with someone like Nathan that understands the resources required by Dolphin.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 27 May 2015

You're welcomed to try our shared. You can use the code FREEMONTH at checkout to have a full month free.

if you choose zarconia you pay the double. But on the same hosting and same server hosting server4you.com you pay the half price

Quote · 27 May 2015

@geek_girl: Thank you for the kind words. Smile

We do limit the number of accounts for each server, much lower than normal for a shared host. Because Dolphin is more resource-hungry than other scripts, there needs to be enough resources for each account. We're constantly monitoring and making adjustments to increase both site and server performance.

@tommi: I'm sorry you feel this way towards us. We don't claim to have our own facilities, and actually list our server locations on our site under Network and Data Centers. If you don't need managed hosting, there's no doubt cheaper options are out there. All our servers are fully setup and ready to use for Dolphin, and we include full support and on-hands assistance, both for the server and sites. I think when it comes to managed options, we're one of the most affordable ones out there, and the only one that specializes in Dolphin.

Quote · 27 May 2015

@tommi: I'm sorry you feel this way towards us

I don't have anything against you guys. But people should have a choice. If this company is the same as you, and use the same network. People should know there is better price and better server than yours. if they want to pay more for the support of Dolphin that is up to them.

Quote · 27 May 2015

I don't have anything against you guys. But people should have a choice. If this company is the same as you, and use the same network. People should know there is better price and better server than yours. if they want to pay more for the support of Dolphin that is up to them.

While we use the same hardware, the service is very different. The servers you linked to include only support for hardware and some basic server issues (e.g., RAID troubles). There's no assistance with daily tasks and site troubles. We include full support and assistance for both the server and sites, and frequently answer tickets in as little as 5-10 minutes. We also have priority for any issues that require data center technicians, whereas this normally costs much more than any of our servers, and also doesn't include the same level of support.

Quote · 27 May 2015

But if I had to choose, I'd probably choose Main firm http://www.server4you.com than one reseller who charge double for support. Do you need support, you get the answer pretty soon in this forum. If you do not know how to set up a server, so there are those who offer it for $ 20 in the market here on Boonex.

Quote · 27 May 2015

But if I had to choose, I'd probably choose Main firm http://www.server4you.com than one reseller who charge double for support. Do you need support, you get the answer pretty soon in this forum. If you do not know how to set up a server, so there are those who offer it for $ 20 in the market here on Boonex.

We do not charge "double" for our servers. Far from it. We've even reduced prices over the last few months, and updated our customers to the lower rates. We never increase prices for our customers, but always like to lower them. We could have 100% mark-ups, but that's not what we're about. We're fellow Dolphin users, and Zarconia exists to offer the best hosting for Dolphin (and now Trident). There's a difference between free help on the forums and 24/7 dedicated support that is available within minutes - it's for people who need/want it. I don't know it all, but as a host for a number of years, you find out about a lot of things.

Quote · 27 May 2015

I have compared the prices. They are NOT double.

Besides, i have done customer service work for a many number of years. My experience tells me that most people cannot setup and run their own server.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against zarconia for some reason.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 27 May 2015

Most users can not operate an unmanaged server; end of story.  Zarconia does not just offer management for the server but management for Dolphin.  I have viewed the prices of Zarconia and they are fair prices for what they offer their customers.

Quote · 27 May 2015

site still down !

Quote · 27 May 2015

site still down !

Please clear your browser's cache. Your browser might be loading the URL from history. You can try accessing directly with this link: http://www.trydolphin.net/

Quote · 27 May 2015

Here is a good example that was posted on the blog post about 7.1.6 by Nathan.

"Guess it's time to send out the mass mail to customers. As always, we'll be upgrading sites at no charge from 7.1.5."

Quote · 27 May 2015

I meant to add this earlier, but thank you once more to Deano and GG for the kind words. And if anybody has any questions about our services, please let me know.

Quote · 27 May 2015

You seem to have a personal vendetta against zarconia for some reason.

Don't know him or use there service. No vendetta. Just inform there is a choice for a better price. But why pay so much for a service when you can have it on the same server and skip the reseller. For me it simple. I choose the Main Firm, main office http://www.server4you.com instead of the reseller from the same office. If you can't handle a set up for a server, there is people here on the forum willing to help. And what's the point to have a site and not try to learn to set up the server by your self. And by the way, never use a shared hosting for a site with Dolphin on a web hosting like Arvixe, Servage or any other shared hosting. Why? They have a limit for anything like how big the database can be (100mb). A popular site will at the end have a big database. Thank you! Have a nice day.

Quote · 28 May 2015

RE

And what's the point to have a site and not try to learn to set up the server by your self.

For some of us, this is true.  However, some folks just couldn't find their ass if it had a bell on it. Those are the ones that need someone else to keep their server running.  Others, like that tow truck guy, are swimming in cash and just like to pay someone else to handle server stuff, so they have more time to rake in more cash.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 28 May 2015

And most hosting offer a choice with cPanel on your server. With this panel you can handle the server same as a shared hosting. So simple. And you don't need RMS either. Buy Rayz Anti RMS package http://www.boonex.com/m/anti-rms-package 

Quote · 28 May 2015

I choose the Main Firm, main office http://www.server4you.com instead of the reseller from the same office.

Actually I'm pretty sure Server4You isn't the Main Firm, the Parent Company of Server4You is PlusServer AG, which also runs ServerLoft, that is where I've got my Server.

Quote · 28 May 2015

If you can't handle a set up for a server, there is people here on the forum willing to help.

Maybe, maybe not.  This is actually a forum for help with Dolphin, not a forum for help configuring a server.  It is true that we help with some server issues; usually with cron jobs and php settings and .htaccess, but often that is not the case; especially for some of the more involved things like setting up Postfix and Dovecot mail servers.  The greater the scope of the server issue, the less likely you will even get a reply.

Also, as it has been pointed out, Zarconia manages Dolphin; they are currently upgrading their customers' Dolphin installations to 7.1.6 for free.

Quote · 28 May 2015

And you don't need RMS either

Unless you want to offer your members the fastest possible video conferencing that does not require them to use their bandwidth.

Quote · 28 May 2015

Thank you GG and Deano for your supportive comments. I would like to add that when we deliver a server to a new customer, it is completely configured, optimized, and ready for Dolphin to be installed. Heck, we will even install Dolphin on it for you if you want.

So when it comes to server management, you very rarely have to touch it once we have delivered it to you. Our customers know that if they ever need assistance with Dolphin OR their server, all they have to do is contact us and we will help. I guess we could offer a 'managed server' hosting package for $$$ per month that you may never have to use or, you can just submit a ticket for free. Wink

@Eli , I have verified that www.trydolphin.net is working properly. Let us know if you are still having issues.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 28 May 2015

Yep indeed it is working , now i found that all the sharing hosting are slow a bit which it is normal :), i think i may go for a dedicated server but i need to take my time to choose the right package ...

Thanks guys for your help much appreciated it .

Quote · 28 May 2015

First post. Thanks to everyone for the existing content in the forums, the posts contain a wealth of information and have been invaluable.

I'm going to chime in with our experience with Zarconia. They have been nothing but positive. The pricing is certainly fair and support has been stellar, to say the least.

EP

Quote · 28 May 2015

Hi Eli,

Do you have a ticket number we can use to reference your account at Arvixe?

Thank you,

Noah @ Arvixe
Quote · 28 May 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.