How can I remove the search box in header?

I have dolphin 7.1.1, how can I remove the search box in the header? I cannot seem to find any mention of it in the forum.

Thanks,

Dan

Quote · 29 Apr 2013

Run the following SQL in phpMyAdmin

UPDATE `sys_injections` SET `active` = '0' WHERE `name` = 'site_search';

Then clear the dolphin cache.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 29 Apr 2013

Hello

You need to go to Dolphin's database -> sys_injections table and remove a row with 'site_search' in 'name' field or replace 1 in 'active' field with 0. Don't forget to clear cache before testing.

Best Regards AntonLV - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/AntonLV
Quote · 29 Apr 2013

wow...2 experts working on this!

on fire! :D

Quote · 29 Apr 2013

Thanks to you both! I have removed it.

Dan

Quote · 29 Apr 2013

You can also use CSS:

#sys_search_wrapper {display: none;}

Quote · 15 Mar 2014

This thread was from a year ago, I doubt they are still working on it.

You can also use CSS:

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Mar 2014

I know but it might be helpful to anyone who is trying to hide the search box now! :)

This thread was from a year ago, I doubt they are still working on it.

You can also use CSS:

Quote · 15 Mar 2014

Yes, but it had already been correctly answered by Deano and AntonLV... and Anton is one of the Boonex programmers. Any changes you make directly to the css are going to be lost when you upgrade.

I know but it might be helpful to anyone who is trying to hide the search box now! :)

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Mar 2014
Any changes you make directly to the css are going to be lost when you upgrade.

Then you are not doing it correctly.

Quote · 15 Mar 2014

There is more than one way to skin a cat.  Not everyone has the knowledge or understanding of working with databases.  I personally try to do anything and everything via css whenever possible and always keep a copy of my css in case I need it.

Prukner please tell me how you apply your css.  I am a freelance developer and WordPress is my forte.  I'm very new to dolphin.  Probably 90% of all WordPress themes that I work with have an area in admin that allows you to add custom css that is never affected during WordPress updates.  I think that is something that would be FABULOUS in dolphin.

Quote · 18 Mar 2014

how can i put code into header in place of search box?

Quote · 25 Jul 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.