How do I backup my entire site?

I'm going to close my Boonex site, however before I do I'd like to take a backup of my entire site sufficient to restore it at a later date on a new server if required.

So the backup would need to include all the Boonex files, plus any code changes that have been made and the modules that have been installed, along with all of the content on the site (there isn't a lot).

Would a server and content configuration backup through Plesk do it? Or is it more complicated than that?

Quote · 23 Jul 2014

A Plesk backup would include all the site files and database, so it would work. You can also export your database with phpMyAdmin and ZIP-up the site files (or the whole /httpdocs directory) for a more compact backup.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 23 Jul 2014

tar all files ... download them and export full DB .. as simple as that!

zipping files can mess up permissions etc

use the backups when ready ....

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 23 Jul 2014

haha, I see Nathan and myself post exactly the same time =)

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 23 Jul 2014

Note: If I was you, store the backups on your local computer or whatever, but also store backups at different online file storage services! If anything goes wrong, for example your computer blows up, at least you will have other backups you can retrieve at anytime.

Quote · 23 Jul 2014

Transferring the backup to an offline storage is also considerably faster than downloading to your own computer... in most cases.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 23 Jul 2014

Thanks everyone

Quote · 24 Jul 2014

RE

Transferring the backup to an offline storage is also considerably faster than downloading to your own computer... in most cases.

Actually, I meant "Online storage"  Data transfer speeds from one server to another are much faster

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 24 Jul 2014

Yeah!

I have spend all night downloading from server to desktop ... and just a few minutes with server to server

Data transfer speeds from one server to another are much faster

Quote · 25 Jul 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.