Issue with cron setup

Hello, I have been all through the forums and have tried every command I seen in the forums for cron jobs, here is the error I get

Subject     Cron <localcontractors@server1> bad

Message  /bin/sh: bad: command not found

Here is my php info

root@server1 ~]# whereis php
php: /usr/bin/php    /etc/php.ini   /etc/php.d   /usr/lib/php   /usr/local/bin/php   /usr/include/php /usr/share/php   /usr/share/man/man1/php.1.gz
[root@server1 ~]#

Can someone tell me what my exact command should be, I have tried I believe every command I saw on here.

Im running a vps with centos 5 and Kloxo Lxadmin control panel, Dolphin 7.1.5

Quote · 27 Feb 2015

You will need to look a couple of things up in dolphins header.inc.php first to get the values needed to construct the cron command.

First open inc/header.inc.php in your dolphin site.

STEP 1: Find the path to your site. Look for a line that starts with $dir['root']. The site path will be between the quotes at the end of that line. Example.....

$dir['root']               = "/home/yourname/public_html/";

STEP 2: Then look for a line that starts with $PHPBIN. The path to php will be at the end of that line between the quotes. Example.....

$PHPBIN                    = "/usr/local/bin/php";

Now to construct the cron command line, replace DIR_ROOT below with the path to your dolphin site obtained in step 1 above.

And replace PHPBIN below with the path to php obtained in step 2 above.

cd DIR_ROOTperiodic; PHPBIN -q cron.php

Once you do that you will have the cron command.

You should end up with a line that looks something like this.

cd /home/yourname/public_html/periodic; /usr/local/bin/php -q cron.php

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 27 Feb 2015

Hello, that didnt work, still getting same error emails, I have already tried that command before but did try it again, and nothing, Idont know if its something wrong with my vps server or what is going on.

Any other suggestions.

Quote · 27 Feb 2015

Message  /bin/sh: bad: command not found

Assuming this isn't some edited line, check for a "bad" cron job. What's your cron job look like?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 27 Feb 2015

Its cd /home/localcontractors/localcontactorsnetwork.com/periodic; /usr/bin/php -q cron.php

Quote · 27 Feb 2015

Also, will this issue mess with emails not being sent, no conformation emails are being sent..

Quote · 27 Feb 2015

Also, will this issue mess with emails not being sent, no conformation emails are being sent..

Confirmation emails aren't sent via cron and would be a separate issue. I can take a look at both issues, but I'll need access to the server.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 27 Feb 2015

sent you a message with login info

Confirmation emails aren't sent via cron and would be a separate issue. I can take a look at both issues, but I'll need access to the server.

Quote · 27 Feb 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.