Key Word Search and Main Search Block...

OK when I search any address like 123 easy st a large number of times nothing appears even though 123 easy st is in the database it gets worse the lower the numbers and the shorter the street.

23 lee st again produces nothing but is indeed in the database.  It is almost impossible to find properties like that without setting the price and doing a search by price...

Is there anything I can add to the keyword search that would find properties like the examples given...

Csampson
Quote · 10 Jun 2014

Bump...

Csampson
Quote · 11 Jun 2014

Check the following setting:

Admin panel > Settings > Advanced Settings > General > Disable Full-Text Search

When you enable or disable it it has own pros and cons:

Checked:

- good for small sites and starting-up sites

- can search for a part of the word

- can use short phrases

- words can't be swapped (for ex: "red cat" and "cat red" can return different results)

- slow

Unchecked:

- good for site with a lot of content

- can't search for a part of the word

- default minimal word size is 4 chars, but maybe more or less, this is controlled by ft_min_word_len MySQL setting. 

- words can be swapped (for ex: both "red cat" and "cat red" should work)

- fast

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 16 Jun 2014

keyword search is broken.  It does not return valid search results and it is not the settings in the admin.

I posted a forum topic on this and AlexT put in a ticket on it., http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/3330

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 16 Jun 2014

This is from another thread and should work for you as well:

After you have created your field in the profiles builder, (keep track of what you named the field in the System Name) go to templates/base/scripts/BxBaseSearchProfile.php. around line 17 you should see something like this:

'ownFields' => array('ID', 'NickName', 'NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Country', 'City', 'Tags', 'DateReg', 'DateOfBirth', 'Sex', 'Couple'),
        'searchFields' => array('NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'City', 'Tags'),

add the name of the new field to these lines like such (maintain same case as you have in System Name):

'ownFields' => array('ID', 'NickName', 'NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Country', 'City', 'Tags', 'DateReg', 'DateOfBirth', 'Sex', 'Couple', 'Address'),
        'searchFields' => array('NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'City', 'Tags', 'Address'),

if the address is in a module and not working, then it is pretty uch the same, but you would make change on modules/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/classes/XxXxxxSearchResult.php (modules/boonex/groups/classes/BxGroupsSearchResult for example)

caredesign.net
Quote · 16 Jun 2014

That is very helpful and the Disable Full-Text Search is already disabled on my sites...

I guess this is where the rubber hits the road on the complexity of crossing the streams so to speak...

If the main template search is limited to system files or profiles how exactly do you cross the stream(s) of system vs module.  The entire idea for a community is to be cross compliant.  It appears by these suggestions that this is not the case and that each part is separated into its proverbial box and one can only play in one sand box at a time?  I need to cross the streams and search using the system to search module information...THAT has to be possible is it not?  I.E. I don't want the end user to have to go the the module search page to conduct a search from the home page...

Csampson
Quote · 29 Jun 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.