Old videos not showing after reinstall video modul

Hi,

After reinstall video module my old videos not showing on site.

See attach screen.

Please help me to fix this issue.

first.png · 1.3M · 222 views
second.png · 901.6K · 217 views
Quote · 27 May 2015

From: http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Dolphin-really-needs-a-manual-.htm#257910

When you uninstall a module, all the module data's is deleted. If you have a backup, you'll need to restore either the site or the necessary bits for videos. If this is a shared server, your host may have an account backup available that can work. If there's no backup, I'm afraid the videos are gone.

I do see the stats show the old video count. Are there files under /flash/modules/video/files?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 27 May 2015

You already have a post on this that has been answered.

How long ago did you do this? My guess is the videos your are seeing in your first image is just a cached copy of the stats.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 27 May 2015

Nathan keeps beating me to it. LOL.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 27 May 2015

Nathan keeps beating me to it. LOL.

Sorry! Laughing

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 27 May 2015

@nehabatoo: To be clear, are there FLV and WEBM files, etc., under that directory? If so, can you describe exactly what you did, and when you started having this issue?

Quote · 27 May 2015

I also check it in files folder

Quote · 27 May 2015

I have video play issue with flash uploaded videos. So I uninstall video and reinstall it. After install I cant see my old videos on video page.

Under "flash/modules/video/files" folder.

Let me check which format they are.

Quote · 27 May 2015

there are .jpg,.m4v,webm

Quote · 27 May 2015

I have video play issue with flash uploaded videos. So I uninstall video and reinstall it. After install I cant see my old videos on video page.

Under "flash/modules/video/files" folder.

Let me check which format they are.

So you uninstalled the module. Seems it didn't clear the video files, but it does delete the database entries, so I'm afraid even with the files, the only thing you can do is to manually re-upload them. If you have a backup, you'll need to restore from it in order to get the required database entries back.

Quote · 27 May 2015

Is there any way to insert data manually in database?

Or upload files one by one. Also when i upload video from flash uploder they are not playing. Show video length 00:00.

http://starmaxhiphop.com/site/

You can see test video on home page.

Quote · 27 May 2015

Still i check database there are also all videos records under RayVideoFiles table.

Quote · 27 May 2015

The video module stores most of its data under the bx_videos tables, but also elsewhere. It seems the module wasn't fully/successfully uninstalled, so there's some bits left behind, but not the actual database entries for the videos.

Is there a backup available?

Quote · 27 May 2015

Please answer about backups; both the site files backup and the database backups.  If you have these backups, then we can help with recovery; at least at the time the backups were created.

If I recall correctly, Boonex is going to add a pop-up notice about uninstalling modules and losing data/files.  If you uninstall any module, it will remove the data.  If you think a module has corrupted files preventing the module from working, you simply upload the module's files overwriting the files on the server.  Uninstalling a module does not change the files for that module.  Installing a module simply sets up the database for that module; adding all the bits and pieces to the database needed by that module.

I guess I need to look at the Manual Wiki because this needs to be added to the manual so users understand more clearly what installing and uninstalling a module does.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 27 May 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.