Photo Albums for Groups (AndrewP)

AndrewP "Photo Albums for Groups" support thread is here.

product itself

9 Aug 2010

Group admin can not delete other users photos.  Neither can the site admin.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
17 Aug 2010

'Public', 'Members' and 'Fans' are the only viewing permission selections that should be available on the drop down list when creating an album.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
17 Aug 2010

Both requests done :)

18 Aug 2010

Now if we could just get this for the Forums.... 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
18 Aug 2010

Hehe :)

Recently I made it to events. But are you sure that forum need it? :)

18 Aug 2010

Well i am just lazy and i am sure site members are too.   i dont see a need to upload a photo via ftp or some other means and then have to click  insert image button in the editor then type the url of the photo  then click insert  then the photo is always too big so you have to resize it to fit in the post...... 

I think you get the point here .... I think an IT forum should have this as screen shots just explain things better then words sometimes ....

Even if it just puts it in the members photos folder or have it create an album called forums in the members photo section   then add a button under Attachments down there for photos.

PS  sorry for hi-jacking forum thread..... but its only HL so it don't matter much.

18 Aug 2010

RE:

Both requests done :)

Thanks.  Group Albums module is looking really good now.

18 Aug 2010

Uploaded images don't have a watermark.

Please fix this bug.

Watermark Plus and Comments Plus - two modules - must have in your community! :)
8 Sep 2010

What makes you think that's a bug?

8 Sep 2010

Maybe they have water mark set in admin and its just not carried over to this mod ???   no clue.  is water mark still in D7 ?

9 Sep 2010

Yes, watermark is still here, and used in few places (not everywhere).

Anywhere - I already helped to 'wypalacz' to make it.

I never promised that here will watermark, this is just optional. Commonly, this is easy to add watermark processing, this is just few lines of code :)

9 Sep 2010

Module was updated - added 2 new features

18 Sep 2010

This module has been updated. It is available for Dolphin 7.1 now.

4 Dec 2012

AndrewP "Photo Albums for Events" support thread is here as well.

This module has been updated. It is available for Dolphin 7.1 now.

5 Dec 2012

I am not seeing any way in the backend (admin) to monitor all photos uploaded to group photo albums; thus making it difficult to moderate and remove images that are not allowed by the site's ToS.  Is this feature included?

Geeks, making the world a better place
5 Jan 2013

I have the group photo album installed.  I have created a group where I am the admin of the group.  I have set the group photo album setting where any fan can create a photo album.  When I click on the photo albums button in the action block I get "Access Denied" plus, then none of the links in the menu work.  For example, the main link becomes: http://mysite.com/m/groups/view/My-group instead of the normal working link of http://mysite.com/m/groups/view/My-Group-Name

Now, if I go to "Group Albums" in the menu, I get empty and the menu links are normal.

There is no setting in Page Access Control in the backend for Groups

5 Jan 2013

I have the group photo album installed.  I have created a group where I am the admin of the group.  I have set the group photo album setting where any fan can create a photo album.  When I click on the photo albums button in the action block I get "Access Denied" plus, then none of the links in the menu work.  For example, the main link becomes: http://mysite.com/m/groups/view/My-group instead of the normal working link of http://mysite.com/m/groups/view/My-Group-Name

Now, if I go to "Group Albums" in the menu, I get empty and the menu links are normal.

There is no setting in Page Access Control in the backend for Groups

OK, I made myself a member of the group (strange that the person who started the group has to join) and I was able to click on the "Group Album" link in the menu bar and I could create a photo album.  However, still clicking on the "Photo Albums" button in the Actions block returns a "Access Denied" message.

6 Jan 2013

Can you tell me what part of the module to edit to remove the other selections for privacy of albums?  I only want to include Fans and Admins as the allowed selections.  I did study the code and I think I know how to hack it but would like to be sure.

Members are also wanting to be able to leave comments on the photos.  When I click on the title of the image and it takes me to the single view (not fancy box); there is no leave comment section.  Can this be added?

6 Jan 2013

Hello geek_girl, thank you for all your comments.

>I am not seeing any way in the backend (admin) to monitor all photos uploaded to group photo albums; thus making it difficult to moderate and remove images that are not allowed by the site's ToS.  Is this feature included?

No, this is no included by default. During development I thought that this work is to group admins, they should moderate all coming photos. Do you think that premoderation will be good addition to this module?

>When I click on the photo albums button in the action block I get "Access Denied" plus, then none of the links in the menu work.  For example, the main link becomes: http://mysite.com/m/groups/view/My-group instead of the normal working link of http://mysite.com/m/groups/view/My-Group-Name

I think that this is wrong too, I've just created a new group with title 'foreign history'. Link to this group is 'm/groups/view/foreign-history'. Then, I click to 'Group Albums' link (m/gphotos/group/foreign-history), and, I can see other links of current group: Main (m/groups/view/foreign-history), Forum (forum/groups/forum/foreign-history-0.htm), Fans (m/groups/browse_fans/foreign-history) etc. Everything is correct.

>strange that the person who started the group has to join

I know, by default, once you've created a new group - you are owner (and admin) of this group. But, you are not a fan of this group. You have to click 'Join' button in order to become a fan.

>However, still clicking on the "Photo Albums" button in the Actions block returns a "Access Denied" message

This is really strange, because both elements (link in submenu and action button) should get you to 'm/gphotos/group/foreign-history' page (with photo albums of current group).

If you really want to - I can install D7.1.0 somewhere with this module, so you will be ensure that everything works here as should. And, just to check, did you use Binary FTP file transfer mode while you uploading module files?

6 Jan 2013

Thank you for your help.  I inspected the element of the button so I could see what it was trying to do and I found a slight difference.  This may be due to I need to update all of my files to 7.1 B2 and I will try to do that today.

<button class="bx-btn bx-btn-small bx-btn-ifont" onclick="window.open ('http://mywebsite.com/m/gphotos/group/My-group/MyGroup','_self');">
    <i class="sys-icon folder-open"></i>Photo Albums</button>

http://mywebsite.com/m/gphotos/group/MyGroup

Notice the extra path in red (My-group) above between the two URLs.  That is why I am getting the "Access Denied) when clicking the button and not when using the link.  If this is a problem with the group module files needing to be updated to B2, I will do that and report back.  However, if you think this is caused by something else, please let me know what you think.

6 Jan 2013

Hello geek_girl, thank you for all your comments.

>I am not seeing any way in the backend (admin) to monitor all photos uploaded to group photo albums; thus making it difficult to moderate and remove images that are not allowed by the site's ToS.  Is this feature included?

No, this is no included by default. During development I thought that this work is to group admins, they should moderate all coming photos. Do you think that premoderation will be good addition to this module?

I was thinking that a site admin could see what photos are uploaded to group albums, and thus could remove any photo not allowed by the site's Terms of Service agreement.  Another solution would be that a site admin can view any group photo album regardless of the privacy setting and thus moderate by that method.  Unfortunately, members don't always follow the rules and site admins do need to be able to easily remove any content that is not acceptable by the rules.  Perhaps a future update of the module can offer a solution.

If you really want to - I can install D7.1.0 somewhere with this module, so you will be ensure that everything works here as should. And, just to check, did you use Binary FTP file transfer mode while you uploading module files?

I use FileZilla for FTP but I have had problems with settings getting changed back from where I set them.  However, I don't think that is the problem as the module works except for the action button.  I think it is something with my install.  I will update my 7.1 to B2 and see if that clears up the issue with the button.
6 Jan 2013

My members are wanting to be able to leave comments on Group Photos.  Is this a possible future addition to the module?  Could this be added by custom work; if so send me a PM with the details.

6 Jan 2013

Yes, you are right, this minor issue is discovered, and, it was fixed urgently. Current version is already fixed.

This issue was in the one of records for 'sys_objects_actions' table. If you have access to phpMyAdmin - you can easily remove this 'My-Group/' from here. Or you can run this update SQL:

UPDATE `sys_objects_actions` SET `Url` = 'm/gphotos/group/{URI}' WHERE `sys_objects_actions`.`Caption` = '_gpa_albums' LIMIT 1;

It should fix it.

>Another solution would be that a site admin can view any group photo album regardless of the privacy setting and thus moderate by that method.

This is already possible. Admin (website admin) should have access everywhere (regardless of any privacy rules). Plus, you also can control a list of recent albums (this block should be at index page).

And, if you like to add comments to single photos (of groups) for this module - it is possible as custom addition (actually, in order to have it made - we will need to prepare single photo view page, and put here comments block, right now, once we click at photo - it displays as bigger photo (gallery view)).

7 Jan 2013

Thanks Andrew for your help.

I noticed that when you click on the title of the image in the photo album, it takes you to a single view of the photo; that would be the ideal place to have comments.  I am interested in having this feature.  Please PM me with the details as I would have to budget for this addition.  While we might not can afford it at this time, hopefully our budget will grow quickly as our site members grow.

8 Jan 2013

Hello Andrew.

I'm very interested in this module but i have a question - is it at all possible to make group content (photos/videos/files) exclusive for a specific member level?

ie - standard members can see group, but not its content. while premium members are only ones who can view photos/videos.

What is the best way to do this?

question 2 : do you have a module for groups video gallery?

Thanks

4 Feb 2013

And, if you like to add comments to single photos (of groups) for this module - it is possible as custom addition (actually, in order to have it made - we will need to prepare single photo view page, and put here comments block, right now, once we click at photo - it displays as bigger photo (gallery view)).

Andrew, there is already a single photo view in your module.  If you click the name of the photo (which is a link), under the thumbnail, it takes you to a regular view of the photo, with the < > arrows to navigate to single view for each photo in the album; try this on your demo site, or I can show you on my site.  However, there is no comment box under the single view; that is where it would be added.  PM me the details on how much to add this to the group photo album module.

4 Feb 2013

RE:

Andrew, there is already a single photo view in your module

No there isn't.  The photo change is done via ajax.  If you look at the url in the browser, it does not change when advancing through the photos.   The standard Boonex photo system gives every photo a separate url, and comments are associated with each individual url.  In the current groups photo system, since each photo does not have a separate url the boonex comment system can't be used, unless Andrew can find a way to "ajaxify" the comment system.... or de-ajaxify the group photos mod.

4 Feb 2013

Hi lalaloo,
Yes, it is possible (but, as extra work). Firstly, you can protect blocks in page builder, and display blocks depending on membership levels. Or, it is also possible to create a new membership action (like: see extra media). And then - implement this rule into module sources.
Right now I don't have video albums for groups. But, in your question you mentioned  'video gallery', as I know - video gallery is a default part of groups module.

2 geek_girl,
Yes, I know, I did it so. So when you click to a thumbnail - it opens this as ajaxy popup. But if you click to a label - it will forward you to a single photo view page.
When you click buttons Back/Forward here, it loads these photos ajaxy (houstonlively is right here).
I implemented comments for albums, but it is also possible to implement it for photos too.
Basically, it is possible to "ajaxify" the comment system too. It is just required some time to implement. Or, it is also possible to deactivate ajax here (and implement default comments functionality).
Anyway, if someone need me to do some customization - just PM me.

5 Feb 2013

RE:

Andrew, there is already a single photo view in your module

No there isn't.  The photo change is done via ajax.  If you look at the url in the browser, it does not change when advancing through the photos.   The standard Boonex photo system gives every photo a separate url, and comments are associated with each individual url.  In the current groups photo system, since each photo does not have a separate url the boonex comment system can't be used, unless Andrew can find a way to "ajaxify" the comment system.... or de-ajaxify the group photos mod.

Hi HL, thought you might be interested in this: http://www.boonex.com/forums/?action=goto&search=1#topic/WANTED-Group-Photo-Album-Mod.htm Smile

7 Feb 2013

I noticed there is a "edit title/description" link on that ajax view; you can edit the title and description without leaving the view.  That gives me an idea for doing the same with comments.  Even if it is just a simple comment section.

7 Feb 2013

Yes, I know, it is easy to handle with usual textfields, but, in case of comments it's a bit more complex (we need to re-initialize comments - TinyMCE)

7 Feb 2013

Andrew, where do I find the settings to change the number of Group Albums that are displayed on the homepage?  I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Gary http://molosserdogs.com
21 Feb 2013

Andrew - answer please.

Gary http://molosserdogs.com
25 Feb 2013

Hello, sorry, didn't notice your comment before. please open this file: modulesandrewgpalbumsclassesAGpalbumsModule.php

Please find this code on line 214 (function getAlbumsBlock):

$oAlbumsSearch->aCurrent['paginate']['perPage'] = 2;

that '2' is amount of albums for index page, you can change this value to your desired value.

25 Feb 2013

The Photo Albums for Groups module is an absolute must-have for any Dolphin 7.1 installation!

Good job!

12 Mar 2013

I'm a little confused by the groups-photos-viewing selector. I have seen various comments in the forum regarding what the available selector fields mean: "public + members + fans". I would expect that to mean: "public/guest/anyone + sitemembers + groupfans", but the recent popup viewing selector shows the following options: "members + friends + admins". I hope it is clear what is not clear here :-)  I'll try to explain what I mean with the following list:

0  Public ( cannot set this unavailable option - ok )

1  Members ( presumably all site members - but could equally mean group members )

2  Friends ( presumably album creator contact friends - or something else )

3  Admins ( administrators - ok )

So, it appears that Public is not settable as it is not in the list. Ok, I suppose it's a group visibility setting.

Members is ambiguous - I expected to be able to set visibility to group members only, but it appears this is site members as all my site members can see the group at the current time.

Friends is ambiguous also, friends of the group owner, or friends of the album creator, or friends of the photo uploader?

Might it be possible to clarify this for a bear of little brain, please?

12 Mar 2013

Hi, actually, it is possible to enhance current three options and add here two more options: public and fans. This is not so difficult. Would it be useful for you (and for others) ?

13 Mar 2013

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I think that would be the perfect solution.

Hi, actually, it is possible to enhance current three options and add here two more options: public and fans. This is not so difficult. Would it be useful for you (and for others) ?

13 Mar 2013

I hate to quote myself, but it seemed like a good time.  Once again, these are the only viewing permissions that make sense.

'Public', 'Members' and 'Fans' are the only viewing permission selections that should be available on the drop down list when creating an album.

13 Mar 2013

The following viewing permissions make sense:

1. Public

2. Site members (logged in users) only

3. Group members (fans) only

4. Friends (no, because you can have a private users photo album for this)

5. Admins (no, there is no point for an admin only viewing facility)

I have to agree with houston with his listing of "Public + Site_Members + Group_Fans". Although it might be easier to release a patch to add options rather than to take them away. I have no idea.

And I would also like to request clearer naming of what exactly "Member" means.

13 Mar 2013

All possible privacy option are already implemented by default. But few of them were just deactivated.

If you need to back 'public' and 'fans' - we have to comment few lines (260 and 261) in AGpalbumsModule.php.

This is not so difficult actually. This module will be updated in 30 mins

14 Mar 2013

That looks good. Perhaps this is something, along with "number of group albums to display in block on home page", which should be decidable in a config option somewhere. Like a list of checkboxes for which options to enable, under Modules->andrews_albums_for_groups->viewing_privilege_options.

All possible privacy option are already implemented by default. But few of them were just deactivated.

If you need to back 'public' and 'fans' - we have to comment few lines (260 and 261) in AGpalbumsModule.php.

This is not so difficult actually. This module will be updated in 30 mins

14 Mar 2013

It would be good if the groups showed some indication of how many group-photo-albums were inside

m/groups/home/

From this url, there is no sign at all of any albums inside each group.

17 Mar 2013

Yes, I know, group units doesn't display any info about albums. To display this information - it is necessary to modify the source codes of the 'groups' module.

18 Mar 2013

Will Boonex "play ball" and allow for a hook of some kind? To favoured module developers like yourself? Otherwise they're simply restricting the usability of Dolphin.

group_display_hook( group_id );

...?

18 Mar 2013

Yes, I know, it is easy to handle with usual textfields, but, in case of comments it's a bit more complex (we need to re-initialize comments - TinyMCE)

Andrew, this has come to mind again.  Forget TinyMCE in Group Photo Albums; a simple text field where one can just leave a text comment is all that is needed.  Then have a simple "view comments" that could open in an ajax pop-up.  My members keep saying they would like to be able to comment on a photo in the albums.  What I am thinking is don't have this using the Dolphin comment engine, even if we can not store and show the comment owner.  I know you are busy so perhaps in the future you can get some thought to how this could work.

8 Aug 2013

geek_girl, I do not mind to add this feature (comments in the next version

basically, we can add it into a single photo page (http://d7.demozzz.ru/m/gphotos/group/New-year/album/sample/019/)

11 Aug 2013

Version 2.0.1:

* administrator and certain users (membership-based) can tag photos as featured
* new block 'Feature Group Photos' is available on the index page and events homepage
* comments for photos
* rate for photos

22 Sep 2013

Thanks Andrew for the added features.  I am updating my module and I see the additional database entries.  Do you have an update sql for this module?  My members would be very upset with me if I uninstalled the module and they lost their photo albums.

If you don't have an update sql file I will try to create one myself by comparing the two install sql files.

26 Oct 2013
26 Oct 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.