Premium Business Listings Mod Support (Modzzz) - part 2

5 Nov 2012

What is the procedure to upgrade a version that is say 3 old. What I mean is if my version on the site is 2.2.0 and the new version is 2.7.0 does that mean i have to do each update individually, so the first one would be from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0 followed by 2.4.0 etc.

Or can I just look at the Patch for 2.7.0 and use those instructions and have to do only the one update from 2.2.0 to 2.7.0?

5 Nov 2012

Awsome news. i am looking forward to rting this out.

5 Nov 2012

What is the procedure to upgrade a version that is say 3 old. What I mean is if my version on the site is 2.2.0 and the new version is 2.7.0 does that mean i have to do each update individually, so the first one would be from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0 followed by 2.4.0 etc.

Or can I just look at the Patch for 2.7.0 and use those instructions and have to do only the one update from 2.2.0 to 2.7.0?

Any feedback on this very simple question?

6 Nov 2012

All patches must be applied sequentially.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
6 Nov 2012

Thank you.

Ok so it is obviously better to do as they are released, else like me one would have to do 3 separate updates. I suppose it is a technical issue not being able to do a single update, no matter how many one has missed in between.

All patches must be applied sequentially.

6 Nov 2012

b) Upload sqlupdate.php to your dolphin root and run http://www.yoursite.com/sqlupdate.php

sorry to be such a numbty but where and how do i run this. I have not had to do an update before like this so I am an update virgin... be gentle with me.  Do I upload this to mysite/publichtml/modules/modzzz? or just to mysite/publichtml?

Thanks,

6 Nov 2012

Upload it to the public_html folder.

b) Upload sqlupdate.php to your dolphin root and run http://www.yoursite.com/sqlupdate.php

sorry to be such a numbty but where and how do i run this. I have not had to do an update before like this so I am an update virgin... be gentle with me.  Do I upload this to mysite/publichtml/modules/modzzz? or just to mysite/publichtml?

Thanks,

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
7 Nov 2012

Is this mod compatible with D7.1? which other modules are compatible?

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
7 Nov 2012

I did the update and when i ran http://www.yoursite.com/sqlupdate.php this is what i got.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gdn11/public_html/sqlupdate.php:1) in /home/gdn11/public_html/inc/header.inc.php on line 123

Now all of my listings are comming up with DB errors...

What can i do to fix this?

7 Nov 2012

I have this running on 7.1, other than some style/padding issues it seems to function fine. 

The recently added testimonials function appears to show all testimonials for every business in the display block. The workflow makes little sense, in its current state this feature is unusable. 

Testimonials should allow a user to quickly post a comment & rate the business. This rating should then be used for the overall business rather than the simple vote feature.

12 Nov 2012

This mod has been updated for Dolphin 7.1 . See the readme_upgrades.txt in the zip file for instructions.

14 Nov 2012

Thank you for the quick 7.1 update! The styling is much better, however some text boxes still seem to lack padding or are too wide for their box (see attached screenshot for POST YOUR BUSINESS).

Also, on a fresh 7.1 install, google maps does not show up? I don't even see the block available in page builder anymore.

Third note, the 'Listings in my area' block appears to operate off of the user's city & not zip code. This is an issue in the US as many states share the same city names. 

txt-box-padding.png · 3K · 389 views
15 Nov 2012

wishes i could get the update working on 7.9.....

You have the details Jerome, any chance of taking a look please before I have to go through the rigmoroll of having to delete the entire module and then re-install it - thus loosing my data and set up work?

Would be appreciated if possible,

Thanks.

18 Nov 2012

Hey Jerome - The issues I have on my site are the same issues on your test site:

• Why does the Testimonials page block on the Listing View page, display entries for other listings?  That block should only display items related to that particular business listing.  Can you please provide a solution so posts in that block represent the individual business listing.
  • Also, a Testimonial block would be really nice on the Listing Home page, along with a tabbed sub-page representing all testimonials posted and their associated business.  Can you include these in your next update?
  • I'm still waiting on support from you with regards to my members being able to post testimonials - members must have add a listing and post reviews enabled in the membership level settings in order to have the ability to post a testimonial.  I have memberships that I want to restrict their ability to post a listing, but still have the ability to post testimonials.
  • Side note: can you activate the Jobs Module, Deal Finder Module and Coupons Module integration's?  I’d like to see these in action on your test site.

Thanks

18 Nov 2012

It appears that testamonials within Business listings is in no way linked to reviews? this is a shame. It is a good function to have, but would be cleaner if it used reviews instead of a seperate testamonials system. Just my 2 cents...

NAthan : )

20 Nov 2012

Business Listing mod has a built-in reviews system.

It appears that testamonials within Business listings is in no way linked to reviews? this is a shame. It is a good function to have, but would be cleaner if it used reviews instead of a seperate testamonials system. Just my 2 cents...

NAthan : )

20 Nov 2012

-> All my modules that uses Maps are now integrated with the World Maps. You will need the World Maps module installed to see the Map functionality.

-> Listings in My Area has been modified to use zip code if it exists and fallback on city if there is no zip code entered.

Thank you for the quick 7.1 update! The styling is much better, however some text boxes still seem to lack padding or are too wide for their box (see attached screenshot for POST YOUR BUSINESS).

Also, on a fresh 7.1 install, google maps does not show up? I don't even see the block available in page builder anymore.

Third note, the 'Listings in my area' block appears to operate off of the user's city & not zip code. This is an issue in the US as many states share the same city names. 

21 Nov 2012

-> Patch 2.1.5 released for Dolphin 7.0.x (see patches/version_2.1.5). This fixes issues with "Reviews" and "Add a favorite" functionality.

-> The Dolphin 7.1 version of the mod has been updated with several improvements. Download again and re-upload the files.

21 Nov 2012

I have 2.1.5 applied to my site and have cleared cache etc. Just like badass says above, the same testimonials appear for every listing. I also have 2 post testimonial actions buttons, 2 edit testimonials buttons and 2 delete testimonial button.

Once a testimonial is posted in IE the avatars sits over the text but in FF it is ok.But, there is no way to delete a testimonial once it has been posted.

This functionality does exactly what the comments block does, but not as well. It would have made much more sence to produce a propper integration of the reviews module into the listings module as you have with jobs and coupons.

because this is not working properly, and is just a clone of the comments functionality I have had to remove the actions "post testimonial" and remove the testimonials block from the page (I am sure my members wont want other peoples class reviews published on their listing pages).

It is a shame, as if this was done properly it would have been an awsome edition to this great module.

21 Nov 2012

I have 2.1.5 applied to my site and have cleared cache etc. Just like badass says above, the same testimonials appear for every listing.

RESPONSE : I have personally logged into your FTP and your site is not updated properly. The patch definitely fixed the issue that was mentioned. You have uploaded the classes folder in the wrong place. Instead of replacing the existing classes folder you mistakenly created a modules/modzzz/listing/classes/classes sub-folder

I also have 2 post testimonial actions buttons, 2 edit testimonials buttons and 2 delete testimonial button.

RESPONSE : This is because you ran the sqlupdate.php for patch 2.1.4 twice when you were trying to update the site previously.

This functionality does exactly what the comments block does, but not as well. It would have made much more sence to produce a propper integration of the reviews module into the listings module as you have with jobs and coupons.

RESPONSE : So what about other clients who do not wish to buy a Reviews module ?

It is a shame, as if this was done properly it would have been an awsome edition to this great module.

RESPONSE : As mentioned above, the problems are of your own doing. The Reviews feature will eventually be expanded to include additional functionality.

I have 2.1.5 applied to my site and have cleared cache etc. Just like badass says above, the same testimonials appear for every listing. I also have 2 post testimonial actions buttons, 2 edit testimonials buttons and 2 delete testimonial button.

Once a testimonial is posted in IE the avatars sits over the text but in FF it is ok.But, there is no way to delete a testimonial once it has been posted.

because this is not working properly, and is just a clone of the comments functionality I have had to remove the actions "post testimonial" and remove the testimonials block from the page (I am sure my members wont want other peoples class reviews published on their listing pages).

21 Nov 2012

Hi Modzzz,

I have just done a clean install of Business listings and Classifieds, The instructions say to install the Google API in modules/xxxx/settings etc.

There is no such input field, strange enough the Maps feature is working ok. I do have the World map setup.

Stuart

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
24 Nov 2012

That instruction is only valid for the Dolphin 7.0.x version. I have now updated the instruction. Thanks.

Hi Modzzz,

I have just done a clean install of Business listings and Classifieds, The instructions say to install the Google API in modules/xxxx/settings etc.

There is no such input field, strange enough the Maps feature is working ok. I do have the World map setup.

Stuart

26 Nov 2012

I have set a membership level which allows the member to add up to 3 listings with no time restriction. The member in question was denied access to add more then 1 listing. What am i missing?

29 Nov 2012

Another question; if your listing module allows the member to add 5 photos for the listing but the default Boonex Photo mod is set to allow members to only add 3 photos, does this mean the listing will only allow to add 3 photos (because the default photo mod will override the listing mod)?

Hope this is making sense,

29 Nov 2012

if I click the forum of any business listing it loads to blank page in 7.1 version !!

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
30 Nov 2012

PM me your Admin login so I can look at your setup.

I have set a membership level which allows the member to add up to 3 listings with no time restriction. The member in question was denied access to add more then 1 listing. What am i missing?

30 Nov 2012

You need to make the .htaccess change as specified in the readme.txt

if I click the forum of any business listing it loads to blank page in 7.1 version !!

30 Nov 2012

Sent.

PM me your Admin login so I can look at your setup.

30 Nov 2012

if you edit a listing in 7.1 the image / thumb pic shows the image provided with mod and does not show the required / set image ?

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
1 Dec 2012

I already done this  ... issue remains.

1 Dec 2012

PM me your site details. I suspect the issue is with your forum as I cannot replicate this problem locally.

1 Dec 2012

This issue is fixed in the next patch.

if you edit a listing in 7.1 the image / thumb pic shows the image provided with mod and does not show the required / set image ?

1 Dec 2012

Patch 2.1.6 released for Dolphin 7.0.x (see patches/version_2.1.6)

Patch 2.1.5 released for Dolphin 7.1 (see patches/version_2.1.5)

Improvement made to search functionality to allow searching by Parent Category only.

1 Dec 2012

All sent :)

PM me your site details. I suspect the issue is with your forum as I cannot replicate this problem locally.

1 Dec 2012

If a business listing is deleted, should other associated items such as coupons, jobs etc also not get deleted along with it? Especially if they are integrated?

2 Dec 2012

Hello Modzzz .... do you know what the issue is please ?

2 Dec 2012

7.1 Listings issues ....

1) the business contact block padding / alignment has issues with different length business names and in some cases the name will float outer-left of block

2) in some cases the listing details are forced below the listing image in the 'recent listings' block on main listings page.

3 Dec 2012

The mod was not properly installed on your site. You did not upload this folder :

modules/boonex/forum/integrations/listing

Hello Modzzz .... do you know what the issue is please ?

3 Dec 2012

When I go to Listing Home Page, I see A Map which has Grey background, if I click on '-' to reduce the map size I do get the correct display, but why do I not see that first? What do I have to setup to fix this? Also in the admin section I see no option for Google Map

4 Dec 2012

Dolphin 7.0.x or 7.1 ?

When I go to Listing Home Page, I see A Map which has Grey background, if I click on '-' to reduce the map size I do get the correct display, but why do I not see that first? What do I have to setup to fix this? Also in the admin section I see no option for Google Map

4 Dec 2012

7.0.9 please

Dolphin 7.0.x or 7.1 ?

4 Dec 2012

7.1B2 - 2.1.5 Fresh install

Search

Search works when using only a keyword. Search does not return any results when you use keyword + category
Link: http://www.huntfowl.com/m/listing/search 
Try searching for "goose" with the category Guide Service

Padding Issues

Block: _modzzz_listing_block_search
Right side of block has no padding

Blocks: _modzzz_listing_block_homepage & _modzzz_listing_block_latest_featured_listing & _modzzz_listing_block_recent
No padding on left or bottom 

Detective08 already mentioned the business contact block, this is also an issue on my site. 

World Map

When manipulating the default view for world map in modules admin, it has no effect on the world map displayed under listings home.

Listings in my area

Where can I define the parameters for 'in my area'? My directory is for a unique market, I need local listings to be pulled from 100 miles or more & not just in the same zip or city.

7 Dec 2012

7.0.9 - Same here.

My search also does not work on the Search Block located at Listing Home Page if I enter Keyword and leave country at the default value.It comes up with no result, yet In the Search Page it seems to work fine using same parameters.

Search

Search works when using only a keyword. Search does not return any results when you use keyword + category

7 Dec 2012

- Search issue was fixed in recent times

- Padding issue is caused because of interference with old files from Dolphin 7.0.x version. Remove the mod folder from your server then do a fresh upload

- I cannot replicate any World Map issue. Check other mods on your site (Eg. Events or Groups) that uses world map and see if you observe the same or different behavior.

- Listings in my area is currently based only on same City or Zip Code.

7.1B2 - 2.1.5 Fresh install

Search

Padding Issues

Block: _modzzz_listing_block_search
Right side of block has no padding

Blocks: _modzzz_listing_block_homepage & _modzzz_listing_block_latest_featured_listing & _modzzz_listing_block_recent
No padding on left or bottom 

Detective08 already mentioned the business contact block, this is also an issue on my site. 

World Map

When manipulating the default view for world map in modules admin, it has no effect on the world map displayed under listings home.

Listings in my area

Where can I define the parameters for 'in my area'? My directory is for a unique market, I need local listings to be pulled from 100 miles or more & not just in the same zip or city.

11 Dec 2012

Modifications have been made to delete associated Coupons, Jobs and Deals (if they are integrated) when a listing is deleted. Re-upload these folders :

modulesmodzzzlistingclasses

modulesmodzzzlistingtemplates

11 Dec 2012

Thank You.

Modifications have been made to delete associated Coupons, Jobs and Deals (if they are integrated) when a listing is deleted. Re-upload these folders :

modulesmodzzzlistingclasses

modulesmodzzzlistingtemplates

11 Dec 2012

there are some issue with 7.1 version

1) content is pushed below listing image on main pages and in blocks (issue related to tags possibly?)

2) padding in listing contact block on view listing

1 Jan 2013

Patch 2.1.6 released for Dolphin 7.1 (see patches/version_2.1.6).

Adds Tags block to Business Listing View page.

Also some layout improvements made.

2 Jan 2013

I know that you can see location of each listing via their map BUT ... is it right that you are not able to view address even if entered by listing owner ??

it would be good to see the address when 'address' action button clicked OR when you click map ...

3 Jan 2013
3 Jan 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.