Premium Groups - Events+News+Venue+Sponsors+Maps Mod Support (Modzzz) - part 2

7 Nov 2012

Feature Request:  I would like to see Evo Wall be integrated into Premium Groups - please seek this possibility.

thanks.

7 Nov 2012

Premium Groups, Premium Events and Premium Store are extensions of the default Boonex versions so they should not need any additional integration. For any other mod that you need to be integrated with Evo Wall, you can contact the developer and they will most likely accommodate if they get multiple requests for the same integration. They have already integrated some of my other modules.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
7 Nov 2012

I as admin started a group. A member joined the group but could not find a place to make any comments, instead he had the ability to edit the admins comment.

I looked at the membership level action and it does have a section that allows comments to be added, but it does not give the ability on the group to comment. What do i need to do to allow members to leave comments on the group please?

17 Nov 2012

When a member is creating a Group, there is the option on the create form to specify who is allowed to comment.

I as admin started a group. A member joined the group but could not find a place to make any comments, instead he had the ability to edit the admins comment.

I looked at the membership level action and it does have a section that allows comments to be added, but it does not give the ability on the group to comment. What do i need to do to allow members to leave comments on the group please?

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
18 Nov 2012

Hey Jerome -

Problems on my site (7.0.3) are duplicated on your test site, however, I have no idea if your test site has been upgraded to 7.1?

1. When a Group is denoted as private, why is it that the listing is still visible Recent, Popular, Top Rated and all the drill-down pages?   I realize people cannot view the contents of a private group, however, I'd really like a truly "private" option where no one will see any reference at all to click on.  Can this be done?
  2. Local Page – I created 2 Groups on your test site with test account A. I also have test account B - both test accounts are located near the 2 Groups.  Group 1 is private, Group 2 is public.  The Local page for account A does not display any of these Groups.  The Local page for account B displays no Groups.  As I understand it, any public group near a member's location would be visible - correct?  Your site has the same issues as mine - none of my Groups are listed on the Local Page.

Thanks!

18 Nov 2012

Thank You, again!

When a member is creating a Group, there is the option on the create form to specify who is allowed to comment.

19 Nov 2012

I formed a group and had several members join. When I send a broadcast message several things I noticed.

A) Fans got message in their In-box on the site, but some also received a regular (external) email and some did not (these only go internal email). 

B) Secondly the message received has the following characters where there is a <Return> key - rnrn - what causes this?

C) I also noted in my Sent box (on the site) that All the fans were sent the letter but they all began as follows; Hello admin; It should have read Hello xxxxx (where xxxx is the fans name). Strange really. They started with Hello admin.

C) Also if I enter comments in the Forum section, the group members are not informed of this comment. Should they not be advised on any changes in the forum too?

Thanks.

21 Nov 2012

-> The default groups mod does not distinguish between browsing privileges and viewing privileges. I made the distinction in the Premium Groups so you could browse but not view. I will probably add an option in the settings so that individual site owners can decide how they want this to function on their site.

-> Local listings is based on being in the same city . I am not sure what you mean when you say "near"

Hey Jerome -

Problems on my site (7.0.3) are duplicated on your test site, however, I have no idea if your test site has been upgraded to 7.1?

1. When a Group is denoted as private, why is it that the listing is still visible Recent, Popular, Top Rated and all the drill-down pages?   I realize people cannot view the contents of a private group, however, I'd really like a truly "private" option where no one will see any reference at all to click on.  Can this be done?
  2. Local Page – I created 2 Groups on your test site with test account A. I also have test account B - both test accounts are located near the 2 Groups.  Group 1 is private, Group 2 is public.  The Local page for account A does not display any of these Groups.  The Local page for account B displays no Groups.  As I understand it, any public group near a member's location would be visible - correct?  Your site has the same issues as mine - none of my Groups are listed on the Local Page.

Thanks!

21 Nov 2012

Kindly advise on this issues please. Thank You

I formed a group and had several members join. When I send a broadcast message several things I noticed.

A) Fans got message in their In-box on the site, but some also received a regular (external) email and some did not (these only go internal email). 

B) Secondly the message received has the following characters where there is a <Return> key - rnrn - what causes this?

C) I also noted in my Sent box (on the site) that All the fans were sent the letter but they all began as follows; Hello admin; It should have read Hello xxxxx (where xxxx is the fans name). Strange really. They started with Hello admin.

C) Also if I enter comments in the Forum section, the group members are not informed of this comment. Should they not be advised on any changes in the forum too?

Thanks.

23 Nov 2012

A response will be provided after investigation is done.

Kindly advise on this issues please. Thank You

Thanks.

23 Nov 2012

When I mean Groups "near" each other, I'm referring to 1-20 miles away from each other.  If Local listings are only listed if in the same city, then that's an issue in large metro areas where there are lots of cities within a relatively short distance from one another.  You recently made changes to the Premium Business Listing module (Listings in My Area has been modified to use zip code if it exists and fallback on city if there is no zip code entered).  This is needed for the Local page as well and addresses the issue I have with this page.

Thanks for clarifications on privileges between browsing and viewing.

J

-> The default groups mod does not distinguish between browsing privileges and viewing privileges. I made the distinction in the Premium Groups so you could browse but not view. I will probably add an option in the settings so that individual site owners can decide how they want this to function on their site.

-> Local listings is based on being in the same city . I am not sure what you mean when you say "near"

Hey Jerome -

Thanks!

23 Nov 2012

The changes to the localization in Business Listings mod will eventually be replicated in all modules that uses similar functionality.

When I mean Groups "near" each other, I'm referring to 1-20 miles away from each other.  If Local listings are only listed if in the same city, then that's an issue in large metro areas where there are lots of cities within a relatively short distance from one another.  You recently made changes to the Premium Business Listing module (Listings in My Area has been modified to use zip code if it exists and fallback on city if there is no zip code entered).  This is needed for the Local page as well and addresses the issue I have with this page.

Thanks for clarifications on privileges between browsing and viewing.

J

Hey Jerome -

Thanks!

26 Nov 2012

WHEN WILL 7.1? BE RELEASED?  VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND I AM SURE OTHERS

17 Jan 2013

WHEN WILL 7.1? BE RELEASED?  VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND I AM SURE OTHERS

Also, I am noticing that comments can not be left on the group auxiliary pages, yet there seems to be an area for it????

22 Jan 2013

This mod is now updated for Dolphin 7.1

24 Jan 2013

Group Blogs (new feature) was added in this version.

This mod is now updated for Dolphin 7.1

27 Jan 2013

This product is not compatible with version 7.1.0 the seller writes Requirements: 7.1 but not working i have test it is fantastic up to version 7.0.1 - 7.09 stay careful to buy for Dolphin 7.1.0 generates errors and still not updated. I do not understand what the seller wrote Requirements: Dolphin 7.1 this creates confusion, is a big difference between 7.0.1 and 7.1.0 carefully.

brunno
29 Jan 2013

two days ago I contacted my site no longer worked two hours after I gave root password, acces ftp and phpmyadmin. I then changed the password and I restored my site. I created a new website for you to test subdomain http://dolpin.coozila.com I give ftp access phpmyadmin admin message I sent and that you pay how you want to install for version 7.1.0 I have not received any response from you. the lie that this product works for dolphin 7.1.0 this is not true
carefully

brunno
29 Jan 2013

Mod is running great on 7.1 :-)

New addition of Group 'Blog' also which is a really good thing, allows group members only to post to the groups blog! 

Still one of the most useful mods I have.

Thanks Modzzz!

29 Jan 2013

There is no issue with Dolphin 7.1. The problem exists for servers where short tags has been disabled. An update for that issue will be available soon.

This product is not compatible with version 7.1.0 the seller writes Requirements: 7.1 but not working i have test it is fantastic up to version 7.0.1 - 7.09 stay careful to buy for Dolphin 7.1.0 generates errors and still not updated. I do not understand what the seller wrote Requirements: Dolphin 7.1 this creates confusion, is a big difference between 7.0.1 and 7.1.0 carefully.

29 Jan 2013

Thank you for verifying.

Mod is running great on 7.1 :-)

New addition of Group 'Blog' also which is a really good thing, allows group members only to post to the groups blog! 

Still one of the most useful mods I have.

Thanks Modzzz!

29 Jan 2013

My server is updated to the latest stable version of PHP 5.4.11
php short tags depreciate in php 5.4

Dolphin works without short tags in php 5.4

Dolphin works well on my server does not work your script is not updated, what does short tag with the fact that even your language files are not made by standard dolphin?

all language file for the dolphin 7.1.0 modules have this standard format:

<?php
$aLangContent = array(
    '_lang' => 'Translation',
);

why you do not follow the standard format dolphin 7.1.0?

Maybe I should write in the market the version of PHP your script works PHP1.0?Laughing

if your script is old is not my fault, specify which the market conditions for your script to work apache and php 1.0

I give the password to my server and from phpmyadmin and ftp for two hours my site was down and full of error

You did not been able to install your scripts.

Why have not you been able to install if it works in dolphin 7.1.0?

All BoonEx modules Dolphin works perfectly in 7.1.0. Your's does not work, there's a reason they are not updated. so do not lie to people here on the forum and on the market that are compatible.

When you sell a product you must specify under what conditions it works. so you should write technical specifications

I bought 6 products from you, no one works

expect to make updates and I will buy more, please specify what version of php your scripts work

sincerly

brunno
29 Jan 2013

As stated before this is not an issue with Dolphin 7.1. You are not the first person to attempt a Dolphin 7.1 installation. Many persons have the mod running on Dolphin 7.1 sites without issues. The problem existed only for servers where short tags has been disabled. The mod has been updated to fix the short tags issue so it will now install properly on your Server.

My server is updated to the latest stable version of PHP 5.4.11
php short tags depreciate in php 5.4

Dolphin works without short tags in php 5.4

Dolphin works well on my server does not work your script is not updated, what does short tag with the fact that even your language files are not made by standard dolphin?

all language file for the dolphin 7.1.0 modules have this standard format:

<?php
$aLangContent = array(
    '_lang' => 'Translation',
);

why you do not follow the standard format dolphin 7.1.0?

Maybe I should write in the market the version of PHP your script works PHP1.0?Laughing

if your script is old is not my fault, specify which the market conditions for your script to work apache and php 1.0

I give the password to my server and from phpmyadmin and ftp for two hours my site was down and full of error

You did not been able to install your scripts.

Why have not you been able to install if it works in dolphin 7.1.0?

All BoonEx modules Dolphin works perfectly in 7.1.0. Your's does not work, there's a reason they are not updated. so do not lie to people here on the forum and on the market that are compatible.

When you sell a product you must specify under what conditions it works. so you should write technical specifications

I bought 6 products from you, no one works

expect to make updates and I will buy more, please specify what version of php your scripts work

sincerly

30 Jan 2013

Best regards for update,

after instalation get this error: in groups home

site.com/m/groups/home/

Database query error
Query:
SELECT `State`,`StateCode` FROM `States` WHERE CountryCode='ES' ORDER BY `State`
Mysql error:
Table 'mydatabase.States' doesn't exist

P.S. i have tray to unistall and reinstal again get the some error

in dolphin 7.1.0 states table not exist you ned to insert in your sql file

see my attachments

sincerly
States.sql · 80.3K · 416 downloads
brunno
7 Feb 2013

This instruction is missing from the readme file :

Upload sqlstates.php from "Groups_files" folder to your dolphin root and run http://www.yoursite.com/sqlstates.php

Best regards for update,

after instalation get this error: in groups home

site.com/m/groups/home/

Database query error
Query:
SELECT `State`,`StateCode` FROM `States` WHERE CountryCode='ES' ORDER BY `State`
Mysql error:
Table 'mydatabase.States' doesn't exist

P.S. i have tray to unistall and reinstal again get the some error

in dolphin 7.1.0 states table not exist you ned to insert in your sql file

see my attachments

sincerly

7 Feb 2013

i have install all withot any error,

only problem is when I add an event to group

After adding the event if you surf the test.com/m/groups/event/browse/test-group

get this error:

Database query error
Query:
SELECT * FROM `bx_groups_event_main` WHERE `id` = LIMIT 1
Mysql error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1

P.S.

I looked to see in the table "bx_groups_event_main" but there is no any record

conclusion:

adding events in groups not performed correctly, I followed all the steps to integrate events into groups
not sow in my events, only the number You have 9 event(s). Click here to add more.

yu can see events only on the outline in the home page site.com/m/events/view/test-event-group

sincerly
have nice day

brunno
8 Feb 2013

Best regards for update now working perfectly

have nice day

brunno
8 Feb 2013

I'm getting Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxGroupsModule::isAllowedPurchaseFeatured() in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxx/modules/boonex/groups/classes/BxGroupsPageView.php on line 183 after dolphin update to D7.1.1

what should I do?

Diddy is not greedy and has time. Dolphin is cool and its not just mine :-)
27 Mar 2013

sorry, I was able to fix it by overwriting the files :-)

I'm getting Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxGroupsModule::isAllowedPurchaseFeatured() in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxx/modules/boonex/groups/classes/BxGroupsPageView.php on line 183 after dolphin update to D7.1.1

what should I do?

Diddy is not greedy and has time. Dolphin is cool and its not just mine :-)
27 Mar 2013

Premium Groups Version 2.1.5 released (see patches/version 2.1.5 folder)

-> Update of Google Maps integration procedures.

-> Update of local browsing functionality.

27 Apr 2013

Is there a way to allow group owners to pick if a sponsor or venue is linked to another group or just the normal blurb page?

For my site I have teams and some are sponsored by companys that also have groups on my site so I would like to have it so when you click on the sponsors image it takes you to that group (if it exsists) but also have the option to just have the normal page if it does not exsist.

29 Apr 2013

You would have to get this done as a specific customization of your version. PM me for further details.

Is there a way to allow group owners to pick if a sponsor or venue is linked to another group or just the normal blurb page?

For my site I have teams and some are sponsored by companys that also have groups on my site so I would like to have it so when you click on the sponsors image it takes you to that group (if it exsists) but also have the option to just have the normal page if it does not exsist.

29 Apr 2013

Hi

I am having a little problem with the Premium Groups module and I would like some help if possible.  Everything seems to be working fine, but when someone either creates or views a group, all they see is a blank white page.

Could this be a result of us updating from 7.1.1 to 7.1.2 and if so, does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
www.ifyoubelieve.net

30 May 2013

Dolphin 7.1.2 Update - Re-upload modules/boonex/groups/classes folder.

30 May 2013

Thank you so much.  That worked!

1 Jun 2013

OK, now I am even more confused.

This solution "Dolphin 7.1.2 Update - Re-upload modules/boonex/groups/classes folder." worked but after creating a group, when I click on the group to view it, I now see the following message:-

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxGroupsModule::isAllowedPurchaseFeatured() in /home/ifyoubel/public_html/modules/boonex/groups/classes/BxGroupsPageView.php on line 185

So I follow the previous solution, and everything works as it should, until I create a group again, and then the error message re-appears.

Does anyone know why this is being caused?  Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2 Jun 2013

This sounds as if you do not have all the files from the module uploaded. Just to be sure, re-upload all the files from the module again and clear cache.

OK, now I am even more confused.

This solution "Dolphin 7.1.2 Update - Re-upload modules/boonex/groups/classes folder." worked but after creating a group, when I click on the group to view it, I now see the following message:-

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxGroupsModule::isAllowedPurchaseFeatured() in /home/ifyoubel/public_html/modules/boonex/groups/classes/BxGroupsPageView.php on line 185

So I follow the previous solution, and everything works as it should, until I create a group again, and then the error message re-appears.

Does anyone know why this is being caused?  Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2 Jun 2013

Version 2.1.6 released. (See patches/version_2.1.6 folder)

Added the ability to for Group Admin to manually add Fans and Administrators.

Added Group Administrators block to Group page.

24 Aug 2013

Hi

We are not able to find a suitable answer for this, but is there a way to add a "Website" field to the Groups module, so when a user creates a new group, they can add a website to their groups page. 

This is a specific requirement for our website and would like to know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance

ifyoubelieve.net

14 Sep 2013

Yes, it is possible with some code modification. Send me a PM.

Hi

We are not able to find a suitable answer for this, but is there a way to add a "Website" field to the Groups module, so when a user creates a new group, they can add a website to their groups page. 

This is a specific requirement for our website and would like to know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance

ifyoubelieve.net

15 Sep 2013

The mod is updated to show the Groups Page with only the Join button when a Private Group (fan access only) is viewed.

Re-upload the mod files, clear cache and recompile the language for the mod.

25 Sep 2013

Hello!

the following is possible?

1 - Disable blogs groups. And in the future, enable again.

2 - Do not allow any profile edit the group, and anything inside it (venues, sponsors etc..). Currently, any member (fan and not a fan) can edit the group and anything inside it. This possibility should exist only for the group administrator, the administrator of the venues, and so on.

3 - Currently any member can see the venues of a group, even if a not fan of the group and even the privacy setting to indicate that only the fans could see the venue.

Thank you!!!

21 Oct 2013

The second item I solved. It was a problem on membership level and actions.

The third I'm not sure, anyway, is not so bad.

I think the item 1 (blog) is that it could be implemented. Whether to enable the use of blog groups. I have not found it.

21 Oct 2013

@PeterMr - Item 3) should be resolved in the latest copy of the mod, re-upload the mod files. Regarding disabling the Group Blogs, that is not possible presently. I will look into adjusting the mod in a future update to facilitate this.

22 Oct 2013

Some more refinements have been made. Re-upload files and clear cache.

5 Nov 2013

Modzzz. Is there a way to get both the blog post and comments on blog posts from your Premium Groups to show up in users timeline and/or outline?

Thanks

14 Nov 2013

There is presently no way to achieve that in the module.

Modzzz. Is there a way to get both the blog post and comments on blog posts from your Premium Groups to show up in users timeline and/or outline?

Thanks

15 Nov 2013

Is there any plans to add a a wall to the groups so when a person goes to the main group page, they can see all the activity just for that group?

That would really put this one over the top.

Thanks!

http://www.mytikibar.com
4 Jan 2014

It may be added as well as it might be implement as part of a multi-module wall mod. Not sure which route I will take as yet.

Is there any plans to add a a wall to the groups so when a person goes to the main group page, they can see all the activity just for that group?

That would really put this one over the top.

Thanks!

6 Jan 2014
21 Jan 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.