Problem of data loss (photos) and loss of friends

Hello can you help me for my site

Problem of data loss (photos) and loss of friends between Member

the problem looks to be: Photos and friends list data are being randomly deleted without any input from the user.

Vincent

Vince
Quote · 27 Jan 2015

Are the profiles being deleted of the friends that are deleted.  My guess is that profiles that have not logged in for a specific time are being deleted by the cron job.

Check the setting for "Delete profiles of members that didn't login for (days):" under the advance settings, pruning.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 27 Jan 2015

the problem is about the members who are still present on the site. there is a member who accept friend requests Sunday and this morning he did not have any friends. and now several members lost pictures.

Vince
Quote · 27 Jan 2015

the problem is about the members who are still present on the site. there is a member who accept friend requests Sunday and this morning he did not have any friends. and now several members lost pictures.

Did you install Dolphin manually?

So we have to assume that something is removing entries from the sys_friend_list and sys_album_objects.  Are the albums disappearing or just the contents of the albums?

What sort of investigation have you done?

Have you installed any third party modules?

The only way I know for a friend to be removed would be to unfriend the member; or the member is removed from the site.

Quote · 27 Jan 2015

I installed dolphin Nathan Paton I heberger in Zarconia. Dolphin has been properly installed by him. complementary modules on site are: "the modzzz modules", "of ilbellodelweb modules", "modules Deanos", "modules AntonLv", and the "frdji70 translation module"

Vince
Quote · 27 Jan 2015

Is this still happening?

Quote · 28 Jan 2015

I've complained about this before. For me, it's just random images disappearing. Everyone always thought I was nuts.... I have hundreds of photos that are now 'lost in the gamma quadrant'

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 29 Jan 2015

Je suis plainte à CE sujet avant. Pour Moi, is juste des images aléatoires En voie de disparition. Tout le monde Toujours Pensé Que je Étais fou .... Je ai des Centaines de Photos Qui sont Maintenant «Perdu dans le quadrant Gamma '

Hello skyforum. Have you solved the problem yet or it continued on your website ???

Vince
Quote · 30 Jan 2015

I asked for more information; can you access the database and provide the information?  If not, then I might be able to find time or perhaps someone else.can.  We need to know if the files are disappearing or just the rows in the database.  There is a sys_albums table and a sys_album_object tables (or close to those names)  The album table holds the album and the user they belong to.  The objects table holds the contents of the albums. 

Does the deletion of photos appear to be random or is there any pattern. The same for friends.

@sv33: What version are you running?  @SkyForum: What version are you ruinning?

Quote · 30 Jan 2015

I figure I'll chip in here.

I've looked over this site for countless hours, but I haven't been able to find the cause. I haven't witnessed data loss myself, but there's no paper trail to follow, and the affected members are random from what I can see. At request, the site has been reinstalled a few times and suspected modules have been omitted to no avail.

Re: media. I haven't had any data like photo names, etc. to search the database for, but I haven't seen any cases of phantom entries. Same for friends. If data has been removed, it's done cleanly and happens even with the cron job turned off.

Edit: To clarify, I have seen empty albums and friends lists, so I don't doubt that data is being deleted. I just don't see any cause for it.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 30 Jan 2015

What is interesting is that photos and friends are disappearing.  They are not related; they use different tables and different functions.  So, maybe that is the key, what would cause both to disappear?  What about videos and sounds?  They both use the albums tables; so I would think they would disappear as well; if not, why not?

Quote · 30 Jan 2015

sound module is not installed on the site. the video module I have not seen a loss at the moment because there are only 6 videos on the site.

I hope someone can really find the problem.

Vince
Quote · 31 Jan 2015

If Nathan has looked at it, I am not sure what we could do.  Clone the site and the database and set it up with a subdomain.  Then lock the tables that deal with the photos and friends list on the clone site.  See if that trips a SQL error if something is running on the server.  If the files are not being deleted my guess is a problem with the mySQL server.

I don't know what SQL server you are running.  Oracle has decided to take mySQL into two branches; one for commercial users with support, the other the Community edition.  Oracle also has set up a repository for mySQL Community so it is easy to keep the SQL server up to date; on a CentoOS server just yum to update it.

If it was me, I would backup the database and the site and then wipe the server and rebuild it by hand; not from an image, but by hand.  However, you are not me so that will be up to you and Nathan.  Oh, are you running some Control Panel?  If so, you need to poke around the CP to see if something there could be accessing the database.

Quote · 31 Jan 2015

Kind of pointless anyway since the default boonex photo album is a useless piece of trash anyway

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 2 Feb 2015

I still have the photo loss problem and friends. Now I have lost members. If someone has a solution. this is not normal !!!

Vince
Quote · 6 Feb 2015

I still have the photo loss problem and friends. Now I have lost members. If someone has a solution. this is not normal !!!

Did you try my solution?  If you have an active site, then you need to set up a new server instead of taking down your current one.  Nathan can help with that.  Yes, you will will have an overlap where you pay for two servers but I have done that a couple of time, it is not that big of a deal.

It is not Dolphin, or everyone would have this problem.  Therefore, it must fall back to the server; or some script on the server outside of Dolphin.

Quote · 6 Feb 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.