Site Customizer, a new BoonEx module

Looks like they have been busy working on some changes..

we are getting a new default module, "Site Customizer"

site-customizer2.jpg · 46.2K · 2119 views
site-customizer1.jpg · 47.5K · 2039 views
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 19 Nov 2013

Yes, I saw this.  I wonder if it is the replacement for the theme editor that was never really implemented in 7.0.9; the first version of Dolphin I played with.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 19 Nov 2013

Yes, I saw this.  I wonder if it is the replacement for the theme editor that was never really implemented in 7.0.9; the first version of Dolphin I played with.

works exactly the same as profile customizer

Quote · 19 Nov 2013

hmmm i haven't seen it yet.... :(

http://vi-bin.com
Quote · 19 Nov 2013

hmmm i haven't seen it yet.... :(

It hasn't been released yet.

Quote · 19 Nov 2013

wait....what?

so much to do....
Quote · 19 Nov 2013

SVN pull.

Quote · 19 Nov 2013

wait....what?

The new pull can be seen here, all the text has been changed and background, when members customize profiles they also work, this leaves the site admin many options now and not rely so much on templates. I love it! Thanks BoonEx!!!!

http://recoverstormtreasures.com/index.php with changes and my profile with changes...

http://recoverstormtreasures.com/michael and I have not used the chat is some time but it looks like new set of smiley faces.

Quote · 19 Nov 2013

SVN pull.

I get this error from svn any one got the zip

Oops…

Trac detected an internal error:
SubversionException: ("Can't open file '/var/subversion/db/revs/17094': Too many open files", 24)
Quote · 20 Nov 2013

Dolphin Jay- 

Can you get with me on this? 

Thanks!

Peer

Peer L. Plaut Executive Director, Single Booklovers Connecting Bookworms Since 1970
Quote · 20 Nov 2013

I get this error from svn any one got the zip

here is the one I'm using on the demo site

[edit] do not try to add to your live site! It will not work...

SVN-11-18-2013-7.1.zip · 16.5M · 513 downloads
Quote · 20 Nov 2013

Do not upload the "/upgrade" folder, it is not needed for install and is a waste of your time.

You will also have to manually change the permission for the new module via FTP, or SSH.

chmod 777 modules/boonex/site_customize/data/images

Quote · 20 Nov 2013

The best part about this, being able to change the site fonts, colors, and box borders!

Quote · 20 Nov 2013

Wonder if they will go as far as to add border-radius and box-shadow options?

Or the better- rgba(x,x,x, .x) format?

I mean if they're gonna do it, they should do it real ;)

Quote · 20 Nov 2013

Wonder if they will go as far as to add border-radius and box-shadow options?

Or the better- rgba(x,x,x, .x) format?

I mean if they're gonna do it, they should do it real ;)

It would be nice if there was a way to add options through the customiser.  I had to go in and edit the customiser for the Profile Customiser in order to add background attachment to the background.  The default Dolphin Profile Customiser did not have this so all backgrounds scrolled with the page.  As for transparency, one can enter the rgba directly in the colour box but the colour picker did not support transparency.  I wonder if we can replace the colour picker js with one that does support transparency?

Quote · 20 Nov 2013

Yes, exactly what I'm talking about....

I hate saying this, but the customizer seem a bit, um, cheap... it really needs those little extras like the color picker with transparency....

If you want people to get creative, put some real tools in there hands to do so....you know y'all (Boonex) can...it would be cool if you put a little more time into this.

Quote · 20 Nov 2013

Yes, exactly what I'm talking about....

I hate saying this, but the customizer seem a bit, um, cheap... it really needs those little extras like the color picker with transparency....

If you want people to get creative, put some real tools in there hands to do so....you know y'all (Boonex) can...it would be cool if you put a little more time into this.

The Profile Customiser out of the box does not do much.  I went in and added a bunch more areas where my members can choose to change.  I was getting ready to work on the submenu block but have been busy with other things.

Quote · 20 Nov 2013

[edit] do not try to add to your live site! It will not work...

I posted by mistake, it will work on your sites as long as your using the UNI or ALT template, when you switch to any other template the "member menu" customizer icon is not available which makes sense and not over ruling your optional templates.

I have tested on several installs and all work fine.

http://www.webcamhowto.com/ is just the UNI template.

Also of course works well with the profile customizer giving even more options to the site.

It really changes the look of the basic template giving the webmaster endless settings.

Wish list to BoonEx on this.

1. Font selections [edit] more than what we currently have...
Quote · 28 Nov 2013

Hi there

I downloaded it thank you.  With UNi it appears to work. (fingers crossed)

One MAJOR oversight.

The gap i.e. distance between boxes i.e the "border" or "padding" can not be adjusted, only the "outline" of the box is adjustable.  I tried all sorts.

The current 20px "gap" looks clumsy in my view.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards from windy Barcelona

OpCo UK
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

It's simple to change that padding. Just edit templates/base/css/default.css at about line 221 look for this.

.bx-def-bc-margin {

margin: 20px;

}

Just change the padding and then clear your dolphin cache.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

This is a SVN pull of the newest Boonex module scheduled for 7.1.5.

Since it is not coming out to soon, I see no reason we cannot use this great module.

Just as in profile customizer, this one allows the entire site to be edited just the same.

Install the "site_customize" folder to your /modules/boonex/ folder.

Install the module in the admin section, clear your cache; you may have to manually clear it.

Enjoy!

Site Customizer.zip · 37.3K · 479 downloads
Quote · 24 Jan 2014

I have not looked at this site customiser module yet; however, looking at the screenshots that Newton posted, you can add to the things that can be changed just as you can with the profile customiser.  So if padding on the boxes is not there, you can add it.  Some things will need code changes as was required with the profile customiser; such as background-attachment, and background-size.  If box headers is not included, you can add that.  Just look at the existing entries to understand how to add new ones.  If this comes with the default colour picker that is in the profile customiser, I suggest you find my tutorial on adding a new better colour picker that supports transparency.  it only requires some minor code changes.

Edit: on seeing an old comment above, need to point out the box model, margins are outside the box, padding is inside the box.  If you put a box inside of a box, the same holds true; the space between the inner box and the outer box will be the padding of the outer box plus the margins of the inner box.

Quote · 24 Jan 2014

What she said

Yes to what she said... lol

Quote · 24 Jan 2014

Can you find a geek girl graphic as well?

Quote · 25 Jan 2014

Wow, here it is 2015; this module was created sometime in 2013.

Why was this not included in the latest 7.1.5 release?

Quote · 27 Feb 2015

Wow, here it is 2015; this module was created sometime in 2013.

Why was this not included in the latest 7.1.5 release?

yeah, i was really hoping to see this by now :( changing the look of one's network should not be as hard as it is right now.. 

Quote · 24 Oct 2015

yeah, i was really hoping to see this by now :(

I added it from the SVN when I noticed back then.

We have it now for 7.2.

[edit] What version are you using for your site?

Quote · 24 Oct 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.