Spotlight Ads Mod Support (Modzzz)

This is the support forum for the Spotlight Ads mod.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
28 Nov 2010

Hello Modzzz!

Thanks for a really good product and thanks again for all the help you provided for absolutely free. Everything is working as it should, including PP. Great.

I have a little issue though. Please see the attached Word document.

I seems like: Present Spotlight Status : Not a Spotlighted Member does not align. I mean, they're not in-line.

Can you help me to get these Not a Spotlighted Member and Present Spotlight Status aligned?

Don't know if I am the only one with this little issue.

Best regards

Nikolaj

Not aligned.doc · 815.5K · 518 downloads
18 Dec 2010

Huehhuh???

11 Jan 2011

This has to do with the way Dolphin displays custom form fields. I have added an additional css file to the mod to adjust this. Upload the following file  (with the same path structure)

modules\modzzz\spotlight\templates\base\css\main.css

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
11 Jan 2011

Version 2.0.0 released (see patches/version 2.0.0 folder)

This update fixes problem with members getting recurring notification of expired Spotlight Ad.

17 Mar 2011

Version 2.0.1 released (see patches/version 2.0.1 folder)

Adds the ability for Admin to place Spotlight block on any page.

19 Feb 2012

AJAX gliding of Ads - but also the manual sliding - does this (look at attachment). The spotlighted member does not go away and is covered by another sliding content of another spotlighted member. My cache has been cleared. Lol.

spotlight.png · 23.5K · 485 views
22 Oct 2012

Lol, nevermind, I made .glidecontent transparent without noticing it was meant for the glide, well, content. All's fine now. Innocent

22 Oct 2012

Version 2.0.2 released (see patches/version 2.0.2 folder)

Improvements made to show members info on how many days they have left for pre-paid Spotlight.

23 Oct 2012

Very nice. :) By the way, just noticed another thing, when writing in the shoutbox and hitting the arrow keys also slides through the spotlights with the added "bonus" of stopping the auto-sliding. Details in my message. :)

Improvements made to show members info on how many days they have left for pre-paid Spotlight.

23 Oct 2012

I have added the ability for admin to disable the usage of keyboard arrows to slide. Re-apply patch 2.0.2 and check the Module Settings in admin for the new option.

Very nice. :) By the way, just noticed another thing, when writing in the shoutbox and hitting the arrow keys also slides through the spotlights with the added "bonus" of stopping the auto-sliding. Details in my message. :)

24 Oct 2012

On it! :)

I have added the ability for admin to disable the usage of keyboard arrows to slide. Re-apply patch 2.0.2 and check the Module Settings in admin for the new option.

24 Oct 2012

When I spotlighted member (=donated, as a member, with my points), this happened (see attachment).

This particular member, Bear85, had some description on his profile. Another member spotlighted in the same way didn't mess up the sliding, maybe because her profile description has been empty.

I cleared the cache, no luck. Everytime the page is reloaded this spotlighted member does insert itself into other spotlighted members glider.

I've deleted him via the admin panel from spotlight as not to mess up the front end, but I guess just based on what happened that when you add someone to Spotlight with your own points (=donate Spotlight) and if the member has the profile description, this happens.

Spotlight error.png · 28.2K · 489 views
26 Oct 2012

Also, when the gliding is left for quite a long time = the page is left unreloaded, spotlights will obscure the drop down top menu. I noticed their (spotlight gliders) z-index is increasing by every glide, and even setting z-index to 1000 to the drop-down menu above it (for example, on the homepage) does not help in the long run (it helped to decrease the z-index for gliders but after some time they still start obscuring the menu).

26 Oct 2012

Update -

The same error (two different members stuck in one spotlight) happened when a member edited her profile description and then went on to prolong her spotlight status (with the description option).

Could it be that prior editing of the description and then going to add couple of days to the spotlight using the description from the profile can somehow mess up the whole spotlight? Because I've checked, the edited length of the profile description was actually shorter than the limit set in the admin, the older description WAS displaying correctly but as soon as she edited her profile and went to buy few more days on her already active spotlight, the whole glide thing got messed with another member's spotlight entry - so I had to delete her via the admin and then manually re-enter and add spotlight with the text in her profile description but RATHER using the spotlight text box, NOT the YES option for the profile.

Also, is there some relevancy to the spotlight cron job? Editing profile and using the new version of description in the same (if prolonged) spotlight - is there some way of cron making it go all wrong? Because I set the cron for spotlight for once a day... just a thought?

28 Oct 2012

Is there anyway you can add billing by

• 1 day
  • 7 days
  • 30 days

It would make the spotlight MUCH more attractive!

Thanks!

http://www.mytikibar.com
29 Oct 2012

Spotlight is not removed when expired (attachment). Maybe the reason's that the added feature of spotlight status was done AFTER the member posted the spotlight ad. I think. :)

spotlight 6 days ago.png · 3.6K · 453 views
29 Oct 2012

Or I messed up the cron-job, lol. I'll know for sure tomorrow, when my cron fires up at midnight...

Spotlight is not removed when expired (attachment). Maybe the reason's that the added feature of spotlight status was done AFTER the member posted the spotlight ad. I think. :)

30 Oct 2012

Is there anyway you can add billing by

• 1 day
  • 7 days
  • 30 days

It would make the spotlight MUCH more attractive!

Thanks!

Nevermind, I did it.  :D

30 Oct 2012

Which was the case. All's fine now and I haven't got miss-matched spotlights as well for several days now. Lol.

By the way, why some crons do not work with 30 * * * * command but they do with 0 * * * * ?Even * */2 * * * was working with some mods and not working with others?

Or I messed up the cron-job, lol. I'll know for sure tomorrow, when my cron fires up at midnight...

31 Oct 2012

I still get incorrectly displaying spotlights, look at attachments. As you can see, newly added spotlight inserts itself into various other spotlights. I think the member in case used the profile description. I had to correct it with removing her from the admin then donating her spotlight with the same description but manually inserted. Hopefully this can be solved?

15. 11.png · 25.7K · 480 views
15. 11b.png · 27.1K · 470 views
15 Nov 2012

This mod is now updated for Dolphin 7.1

24 Feb 2013

When the time is extended spoligth, the balance of day is not incremented, but replaced.

I have many complaints with members lose points without results !

If it is 20 days, they think add 10 days, which should be 30 days. But it becomes 10 days, it is very annoying.

Baloo
23 Mar 2013

Version 2.0.4 released (see patches/version 2.0.4 folder)

Layout adjustments made.

Fixes issue with extending Spotlight Status.

23 Mar 2013

Thank you for the fix modzzz was important, now it works well ! :-)

Baloo
23 Mar 2013

I have a problem displaying text in case I have not enough points, could you please look at this?

CaptSpot.jpg · 56.9K · 827 views
Baloo
19 Apr 2013

I also have a problem here, I do not have to display the next more ...

SpotAdmin.jpg · 202.8K · 833 views
Baloo
19 Apr 2013

Both issues mentioned in the posts above are resolved. Re-upload all files and clear cache.

22 Apr 2013

Modzzz Sorry, but I still have the same two problems. I replaced all files and clear cache and recompiled the language module, but without result, I tested with firefox and Iexplorer ...

Baloo
22 Apr 2013

What version of Dolphin are you using ?

Modzzz Sorry, but I still have the same two problems. I replaced all files and clear cache and recompiled the language module, but without result, I tested with firefox and Iexplorer ...

22 Apr 2013

I'm 7.1...

Baloo
22 Apr 2013

You will need to PM me your site details (FTP and Admin login) so I can check it out. The changes seem to be working perfectly on the official demo site

I'm 7.1...

22 Apr 2013

When admin spotlights a member, anyway to put a box to define how many days to define the spotlight?

Right now when Admin spotlights someone, it's forever.

Thanks!

25 Apr 2013

You will need to PM me your site details (FTP and Admin login) so I can check it out. The changes seem to be working perfectly on the official demo site

I'm 7.1...

I just test it on your demo site it works, at least for problem # 1, I do not know the admin part, I sent you the access. I do not understand why it's not going home.

Baloo
25 Apr 2013

you're right, or he must "give" days as can all the members, but when points are needed to admin, which is not practical. It is a small defect, another flaw is managing the display of the bar member spothligth depending on the resolution, or it is not completed, or it is double, it depends on the resolution of the visitor, it is not very aesthetic.
But I want to say that it's still a very good unit anyway!

When admin spotlights a member, anyway to put a box to define how many days to define the spotlight?

Thanks!

Baloo
25 Apr 2013

Noted. I will implement this.

Thanks!

27 Apr 2013

Noted. I will implement this.

Thanks!

Great Idea! :)

27 Apr 2013

Version 2.0.5 released (see patches/version 2.0.5 folder)

Added the ability to limit spotlight length when a member is spotlighted by Administrator.

29 Apr 2013

Version 2.0.5 released (see patches/version 2.0.5 folder)

Added the ability to limit spotlight length when a member is spotlighted by Administrator.

Thank you very much, this time my two problems are solved, and it is great to have added the number of days, it's perfect like that! :-)

Baloo
29 Apr 2013

1.I just another 2 small problems, I define € 0.1 per day, the display of the decimal does not appear, but the cost is yet just in the transaction.
2. How to display the date in European format?

paypal cost.png · 16.4K · 764 views
date.png · 3.5K · 702 views
Baloo
29 Apr 2013

Modzzz Hello, can you please answer?

Baloo
11 May 2013

It's been 3 weeks now since I report the bug on the spotlight mod or the Big issue that the mod is causing.

The mod will work fine  as long as it has just 15 to 20 members buying the spotlight but when it reach more than that. the server will load very high plus the site will send more than 20,000 Emails daily for no reason "no Content" ' no Subject message".

We have a dedicated server with 32GB of ram and 8 CPU.

when the spotlight mod install the server will go up to 15. CPU sometime higher and froze the site and also depend how many members are online.
 And after we removed the Spotlight mod the server load 0.21 CPU.

It's been 3 weeks now? still no solution??

new server overloading.jpg · 241.2K · 456 views
14 May 2013

Version 2.0.6 released (see patches/version 2.0.6 folder)

Added the display date format to the Admin Settings for the mod.

Modified the price formatting to accommodate display of price less than one dollar.

15 May 2013

Hello, I do not have the problems you describe with 60 members and 450 Spotligth connected. Beware of numbers that we give you the be-called dedicated servers, they are often wrong because resources are partagées.J 've had this problem with a French host, they announced a bandwidth of 100 MB / s and beautiful figures, but actually in the evening dolphin was unmanageable. I finally started my own server hosted by me, with 2.5 mb / s, an i7 and 8 GB of RAM, it is always a charm. When to Modzzz, it is true that sometimes a bit slow to respond, but it offers many modules and it takes time to solve all the little problems of each, so let's be forgiving, I think it does what it can to make everyone happy;-)

It's been 3 weeks now since I report the bug on the spotlight mod or the Big issue that the mod is causing.

The mod will work fine  as long as it has just 15 to 20 members buying the spotlight but when it reach more than that. the server will load very high plus the site will send more than 20,000 Emails daily for no reason "no Content" ' no Subject message".

when the spotlight mod install the server will go up to 15. CPU sometime higher and froze the site and also depend how many members are online.

Baloo
15 May 2013

hum... Thank you, but it's still version 2.0.5... :-)

Version: 2.0.5

Added: 07.09.2010

Updated: 15.05.2013

Version 2.0.6 released (see patches/version 2.0.6 folder)

Added the display date format to the Admin Settings for the mod.

Modified the price formatting to accommodate display of price less than one dollar.

Baloo
15 May 2013

Hello, I've bought almost all Modzz mods some of them twice and Some of them never install them or will ever use them on the future. I just want to support his idea, that's all. I paid a lot of money  $$$$ to the other developers to help me solve the issues before I contacted Modzz about the issue. more than 6 developers come up with the same solution to uninstalled the mod. I did not want to uninstall the mod or believe the mod might be the problem. So I decided to accept to uninstall the mod then all the email and CPU issue stop. I gave Modzz the login info to check  the issue him.

I am not saying the mod is bad. This is what happen when the mod install on my site that's all I am saying. Simple! and this is not question that I am not happy. If all the other developers could fix the problem. I would not even contact modzz about it. You won't believe how much money I paid to see if the issue can solve without remove the mod on the site. There were more than 100 users that pay for the spotlight. I had to refund all of them their money back. Now you can see how much pain that might causing me.

Hello, I do not have the problems you describe with 60 members and 450 Spotligth connected. Beware of numbers that we give you the be-called dedicated servers, they are often wrong because resources are partagées.J 've had this problem with a French host, they announced a bandwidth of 100 MB / s and beautiful figures, but actually in the evening dolphin was unmanageable. I finally started my own server hosted by me, with 2.5 mb / s, an i7 and 8 GB of RAM, it is always a charm. When to Modzzz, it is true that sometimes a bit slow to respond, but it offers many modules and it takes time to solve all the little problems of each, so let's be forgiving, I think it does what it can to make everyone happy;-)

15 May 2013

I understand your problem, but I just wanted to say that it can also come from the server configuration even if the problem settles when the module is uninstalled. I do not understand the problem of 20,000 empty mails. My logical mind tells me that if this were the module this forum would be filled with complaints .. Maybe you should make a new installation in a test directory and see if you still have this problem and try to see where he just ... sometimes you have to scramble to find solutions ... good luck

Hello, I've bought almost all Modzz mods some of them twice and Some of them never install them or will ever use them on the future. I just want to support his idea, that's all. I paid a lot of money  $$$$ to the other developers to help me solve the issues before I contacted Modzz about the issue. more than 6 developers come up with the same solution to uninstalled the mod. I did not want to uninstall the mod or believe the mod might be the problem. So I decided to accept to uninstall the mod then all the email and CPU issue stop. I gave Modzz the login info to check  the issue him.

I am not saying the mod is bad. This is what happen when the mod install on my site that's all I am saying. Simple! and this is not question that I am not happy. If all the other developers could fix the problem. I would not even contact modzz about it. You won't believe how much money I paid to see if the issue can solve without remove the mod on the site. There were more than 100 users that pay for the spotlight. I had to refund all of them their money back. Now you can see how much pain that might causing me.

Baloo
15 May 2013

Ok for me. I like this new version 2.0.6, thank you !

Baloo
15 May 2013

Version 2.0.7 released (see patches/version 2.0.7 folder)

Improvements made to the ability for Admin to place Spotlighted Members block on any page. The existing Admin interface for adding blocks is removed and now you can just use the page builder and drag the block on any page.

16 Aug 2013

That is a great addition!!

7.1 My favorite number
17 Aug 2013
17 Jan 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.