The Tips and Tricks forum is NOT for questions

The tips and tricks forum is for posting helpful things.  It's not a place to ask questions. What is so hard to understand about that simple concept?

Will one of you moderators please get busy and delete some of the useless clutter in this forum?  Then after you do that, you may delete this post.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 10 Mar 2014

Yeah, I have often wondered why people use that forum area to ask questions ... Maybe they assume it's a place where you can also ask for tips / tricks and not just share ?!

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 10 Mar 2014

Tips, Tricks and Sharing might be a bit misleading to those that don't know better ..... maybe it should just be Tips and Tricks.

It sounds a little like you can ask and share!

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 10 Mar 2014

It used to be called exactly that.  There were two forums: 'Tips & Tricks' and 'Code Sharing'.  Someone at Boonex in their immeasurable wisdom, combined the two, into the present day title.  What the forum is for, is plainly outline in a sticky topic in the forum.  I can only assume that people that post questions are too stupid to understand what the intent of the forum, so it needs to be policed often.

What we need, is another forum called "Garbage Pile". [Removed]

[Moderator: Removed inflammatory content.]

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 10 Mar 2014

The Purpose of Tips and Tricks: Back 30th of August 2010

http://www.boonex.com/forums/forum/Tips-Tricks-Sharing-0.htm#topic/READ-BEFORE-POSTING-Tips-and-Tricks.htm

Quote · 10 Mar 2014

LMAO ... This is a bit like 'Terms and Conditions'

✓ I have read the Term and Conditons  =  The Worlds Biggest Lie

99% of people just don't bother!

What the forum is for, is plainly outline in a sticky topic in the forum.
Quote · 10 Mar 2014

LOL @ HL ... the moderators work quick here!

edit:  I'm starting to think you like GG really.

What we need, is another forum called "Garbage Pile". [Removed]

[Moderator: Removed inflammatory content.]

Quote · 10 Mar 2014

I hate when I get my inflammatory comments removed.  Geezus.... what a bunch of crybabies around here.

Quote · 11 Mar 2014

RE:

LOL @ HL ... the moderators work quick here!

Yeah.... they have to make sure no one gets their itty bitty feelings hurt....  now if they would only show the same diligence in doing the rest of their job.

Quote · 11 Mar 2014

Wait ... what? Oh wait, that's a question I can't ask here....

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

A new name is needed altogether. It is very easy to see a forum called tips and tricks, and think that you can ask questions in there. Example: Let me ask if someone has a tip or a trick on how to put the language selector in the system menu. So I go to the forums and ask - how can i move the language selector to the system menu? So a new name like Tips & Tricks Input (no questions) to make it obvious.

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

The whole idea of the forum was to develop a repository of how-to posts over time.  If the very first post of a topic doesn't offer something useful to others, then it doesn't belong there.  Either some people are incapable of understanding that, or they believe that because of the forum title, they will get some sort of extra special attention if they post their question there. 

If the forum is neglected, and becomes an ocean of frivolous questions, we may as well just get rid of it now, and stop wasting the time of everyone that takes the time to post helpful things in that forum.

Quote · 11 Mar 2014

This has given me an idea ;)

so much to do....
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

RE:

This has given me an idea ;)

Let's hear it.... the suspense is killing me.

Quote · 11 Mar 2014

Its about this

so much to do....
Quote · 11 Mar 2014

I am revisiting this topic because I ran into a scenario today. I have a question that I want to ask. This question does not relate to any specific dolphin version, it is not fun or foo, in fact - no other categories would be the right one - except Tips and Tricks. Because basically, I am asking how to do a "trick".

So, where do we post these questions?

caredesign.net
Quote · 8 Apr 2014

Maybe they should have the 'Tips & Tricks' plus another one called 'Requests for Coding Help'. Note I said Coding Help not blatant "someone give me the code for xyz for free" kinda thing. Or alternately a 'Suggestions' for modules. Those who are experienced developers can choose to assist then or provide code if they feel like it.

Quote · 8 Apr 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.