Time Zone

How do you know what time zone you are using in Daulphin?  I've just upgraded to a dedicated server and can not figure out this information to make the necessary adjustment.

This is the error message I am receiving, so I presume it is due to the difference in time zones on the server being different from that of Daulphin 7.0.

Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settingsYou are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/onmybloq/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 302

Warning: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/onmybloq/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 302

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/onmybloq/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolTemplate.php on line 732

Thank you for your assistance. 

DM

Quote · 13 Oct 2012

set " date.timezone = 'America/Chicago' " in your php.ini ...

http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/paansystems - your resource for Dolphin Pro
Quote · 13 Oct 2012

you can set this up in whm as well if you are using cpanel.

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 13 Oct 2012

Hi im having this issue with 2 domains running Boonex Dolphin now operating under the CPanel WHM, where do i make this change to correct this problem?

Many thanks

Quote · 8 Nov 2012

Ive fixed it, with a little help.

As i use CPanel backend; I added a simple php.ini to my root directory of the Dolphin installation on my host: /public_html/php.ini After adding this .ini file this overrides my hosting providers default php.ini - If your thinking of the permission side of this file, mine is set to 644 on Linux based Servers.

My php.ini contains the following lines to correct the issues i had from the Dolphin diagnostics:

allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = Off
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
register_globals = Off
safe_mode = Off
short_open_tag = On
date.timezone = "Europe/London"

Im all sorted now.  This problem arrised due to my hosting provider upgrading to the latest php version.

Quote · 8 Nov 2012

server time:   Server Configuration - Server Time

and 

php time zone:    edit php.ini and set     date.timezone = "America/New_York"

from ssh you can run this command and see what it outputs for date.timezone

php -i | grep timezone

should get you something like this:

Default timezone => Europe/Moscow

date.timezone => Europe/Moscow => Europe/Moscow

Hi im having this issue with 2 domains running Boonex Dolphin now operating under the CPanel WHM, where do i make this change to correct this problem?

Many thanks

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 8 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.