Time Zone

Hello, it seems like there a problem with my Boonex time zone, my server is properly set to to my time zone, but strange enough, my site is not displaying the proper time when members post or visit the site....

any ideas ?

Mike
Quote · 24 Apr 2014

database time zone may be different from your server time zone settings. I have that issue. My server is set at -5 hours GMT, but my database is -7 hours GMT

caredesign.net
Quote · 24 Apr 2014

Where would I set this ?

Mike
Quote · 25 Apr 2014

The MySQL server maintains several time zone settings:

• The system time zone. When the server starts, it attempts to determine the time zone of the host machine and uses it to set the system_time_zone system variable. The value does not change thereafter.

You can set the system time zone for MySQL Server at startup with the --timezone=timezone_name option to mysqld_safe. You can also set it by setting the TZ environment variable before you start mysqld. The permissible values for --timezone or TZ are system dependent. Consult your operating system documentation to see what values are acceptable.

• The server's current time zone. The global time_zone system variable indicates the time zone the server currently is operating in. The initial value for time_zone is 'SYSTEM', which indicates that the server time zone is the same as the system time zone.

Complete documentation is here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/time-zone-support.html

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 25 Apr 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.