Who are the MariaDB users here?

I have never been happy with the Oracle acquisition of Sun Microsystems and thus mySQL.  Now we see mySQL community edition and mySQL Enterprise edition; it should just be mySQL with Oracle selling support for mySQL for those that can not do it in house.  Oracle states, "It is available under the GPL license and is supported by a huge and active community of open source developers."  However, this is not exactly true; Oracle limits the open source contributions to mySQL community edition.

With CentOS/RHEL 7 dropping mySQL from their repo and including MariaDB, I am now considering moving from mySQL to MariaDB.  MariaDB is a drop in replacement; install it and everything else stays the same, the connectors you use with mySQL are the same for MariaDB.  There is supposedly some performance gains with MariaDB and every little bit helps when serving up your Dolphin site.

The purpose of this post is to get some feedback from those who are running MariaDB for their Dolphin sites.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 1 Mar 2015

I am using it as it came installed with the current LAMP installation on my new server...  haven't noticed a diff yet. 

(other that to restart it you use mariadb instead of mysql)

Quote · 1 Mar 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.