why is it so hard to contact boonex?

this is really frustrating to pay for something and not getting it to work...

maybe is me i dunno but it would be nice if boonex was able to respond.

are they expecting us to sit and wait for weeks? I mean they had no problem taking my $399

those who have responded to to my cries (lol) for help THANK YOU

Quote · 19 Dec 2013

Because they don't care.  We are your only hope concerning Dolphin.  What is the issue, maybe we can help.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 19 Dec 2013

its about the issue regarding apple rejecting the app because there is no button to

report a profile or photo as requred.

per the app update it should be there but i dont see it.

besides sending them a ticket for help i also posted here

http://www.boonex.com/forums/#topic/iPhone-Rebranding-Support.htm

and btw yes i'm always grateful for the support people like you have offered

Quote · 19 Dec 2013

As an advanced member you would have a much better chance of seeing god, dating Marilyn Monroe or getting a tax break from Barack Hussein Obama, but forum mods and members here will certainly help all we can. Just a hint a little off subject maybe i am finding responsive to BETTER not to mention cheaper than mobile apps , you can do and see more and I feel like its less work as well. Just my opinion of course, but I personally am hesitant to download from a barely trusted source.

Hoping others will jump in here with their two cents worth as well . ( whats your take on this GG ?)

Quote · 19 Dec 2013

Boonex has made it quite clear they don't provide support. All links point to the forums as a means for support. In other words. Dolphin is a community supported product and pretty much always has been.

When the increase in license fees occurred, i thought that was going to change. I expected the increase in fees was to cover the enormous costs of hiring a support staff. However, that did not happen. So as such, i believe license prices are to high for a community supported product.

That said. Back to the issue with mobile. I believe the mobile apps are a waste of time and money. Just the annual fees alone from apple and others just to put the app in the stores is bad enough. And if i owned a mobile device, which i don't, but have used them. I would not want to have to install a app just to use a website. The website should be usable right from within the built in web browser.

I also don't believe responsive templates are the answer either. Control of content and it's positioning is pretty much non-existent.

I believe the only solution is a separate mobile version of the site. A future project of mine.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 19 Dec 2013

As an advanced member you would have a much better chance of seeing god, dating Marilyn Monroe or getting a tax break from Barack Hussein Obama,

I am not so sure about god, I know Marilyn Monroe is out, and the tax break is very iffy.

As for Advance versus Prime, even Prime doesn't come with support.  Booenx is somewhat deceitful with their marketing; at the very least I would say misleading, and this is in many areas.

I will say that Dolphin is a fine platform; on par with the other leaders in the social networking arena.  However, it really does tend to be a web developer platform and not a plug and play solution.

As for mobile apps, I don't have knowledge in that area so I won't be of much use.

Quote · 19 Dec 2013

When the increase in license fees occurred, i thought that was going to change. I expected the increase in fees was to cover the enormous costs of hiring a support staff. However, that did not happen. So as such, i believe license prices are to high for a community supported product.

I suspect the think was along the lines of, we are not seeing the revenue we want.  Solution, raise prices.  I studied econ in university and this is not the way to drive increase sales.  In fact, you can see revenue drop due to lost in sales.  Andrew has refused to release a business statement of sales and lost and profit statements.  I do wonder if the drop in forum participation is due to the increased prices without any increase in support.  The bleeding staff won't even respond to bug reports.  Why should members of the forum offer support when there is no compensation other than the nice feeling of helping others? 

Quote · 19 Dec 2013

The reason for the app is to use it as a promotional tool, i successfully published the android app about 3 days ago and that has brought me 9 new members..

they have found me via keyword while searching google play.

Quote · 19 Dec 2013

First of all; I won't mind to buy a new apps license from boonex that complete and with all the features that will help anything site to success. I strongly believe boonex apps way too cheap.

Boonex apps are a real joke, Bored and should never release from boonex. This is not an apps this is a real joke.

Boonex should never come up with such incomplete apps.

Report User on mobile, Members can't even edit their profile from the apps and no chat on the apps. all the basic function an apps should have are missing (?)

What in the hell type of apps is that? Why do I have to pay some  unknown  developers  on  the market  that come from unknown planet to try to custom, edit stuff that should be on boonex default apps? Once again, Loud and Clear. The apps are a big joke...

I have tried 3 apps developers on the market so far. I will not Recommend them to anyone at all. Such a big joke...

Who's laughing? Sealed

Quote · 19 Dec 2013

Sometimes I kind of like the challenge of working whatever bugs out ... the thanks from those it helped is a nice bonus.

I can see where the frustration is though with the rise in license fees and yet the only real support is from forum users helping each other as best as able.

Why should members of the forum offer support when there is no compensation other than the nice feeling of helping others

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 19 Dec 2013

its about the issue regarding apple rejecting the app because there is no button to

report a profile or photo as requred.

per the app update it should be there but i dont see it.

besides sending them a ticket for help i also posted here

http://www.boonex.com/forums/#topic/iPhone-Rebranding-Support.htm

and btw yes i'm always grateful for the support people like you have offered

i think you need to buy this module http://www.boonex.com/m/report-user-on-mobile-app its 30$ . its not mine just found it in the market. i hope it might help you  :)

Umar Haroon
Quote · 19 Dec 2013

i think you need to buy this module http://www.boonex.com/m/report-user-on-mobile-app its 30$ . its not mine just found it in the market. i hope it might help you :)

Why would someone want to 'buy' a module for a feature that is already 'supposed' to be in the mobile apps? Not knocking the seller by no means. It seems to me that only Apple has an issue with this.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 19 Dec 2013

i think you need to buy this module http://www.boonex.com/m/report-user-on-mobile-app its 30$ . its not mine just found it in the market. i hope it might help you :)

Why would someone want to 'buy' a module for a feature that is already 'supposed' to be in the mobile apps? Not knocking the seller by no means. It seems to me that only Apple has an issue with this.

exactly it says that its on the update

New in 1.8.5: 

- new iOS7-style design

- links to "Terms of Use" and "Privacy Policy"
 (as per new Apple policy)

- optional basic profile reporting functionality (may be required by Apple )

- some bugfixes

Quote · 19 Dec 2013

Which is why I hate Apple products and why I think people are stupid for buying them.  You pay big bucks for a locked device where you can only install things that Apple allows you to.

Quote · 19 Dec 2013

my site is only making about $60 to $70 US a month on adsense, its nothing but its motivation that it works. The apps are very limited however as i mentioned earlier its a promotional tool.

for example they search for xyz on the apps market that leads them to my app, the nice description induces them to come check out my .com

but boonex should have someone one responding to questions after paying for a product.

Quote · 20 Dec 2013

I purchased the license from Boonex that included installation of Dolphin a week ago and still waiting for installation. Guess after reading this thread, I might never get my installation Undecided

Quote · 20 Dec 2013

I purchased the license from Boonex that included installation of Dolphin a week ago and still waiting for installation. Guess after reading this thread, I might never get my installation Undecided

Don't get disappointed. The "unofficial" support staffs here at forum are pretty good.

so much to do....
Quote · 20 Dec 2013

A week is too long to wait.  Go here http://www.boonex.com/help/contact and request installation.  There is also the business enquiries uno@boonex.com although I have no idea what a business enquiry means for Boonex.

Quote · 20 Dec 2013

I purchased the license from Boonex that included installation of Dolphin a week ago and still waiting for installation.

Dismal!

I would be glad to install your basic Dolphin for FREE.

Contact me PM if you still need an install, usually BoonEx is better.

We have been beating them down here lately but this is getting ridiculous; a week? 

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 20 Dec 2013

but boonex should have someone one responding to questions after paying for a product.

They never have; "we," the forums are your support.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 20 Dec 2013

have you tried your hosting company cpanel? i'm using hostforweb and for a new dolphin installation its done via c-panel in seconds, even the database is created automatically

Quote · 21 Dec 2013

have you tried your hosting company cpanel? i'm using hostforweb and for a new dolphin installation its done via c-panel in seconds, even the database is created automatically

The softaculous auto install found in some cpanel setups malfunctions in many cases. It is not recommend by myself as well as many of the seasoned veterans here. There are a number of topics in the forums about problems with dolphin that have been traced back to that installer. It should not be used.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 21 Dec 2013

The softaculous auto install found in some cpanel setups malfunctions in many cases. It is not recommend by myself as well as many of the seasoned veterans here. There are a number of topics in the forums about problems with dolphin that have been traced back to that installer. It should not be used.

ohh did not know that, i did do an install using that but its only a test site.

thanks for the info.

Quote · 21 Dec 2013

and still no response on the ticket or PM from kolimarfey  Yell

Quote · 24 Dec 2013

Hey Zarcon, 

You are right - it is supposed to be in mobile apps. But after a couple of my customers' iOS apps got rejected by Apple because of absence of this feature, and after we was asking Boonex for this feature for a long time before I've made this small module, I thought this feature would be useful for some people. It's great that it will be included in the next apps version. I really hope that Boonex gonna hear us next time as well.

http://boonexpert.com
Quote · 24 Dec 2013

Boonex has made it quite clear they don't provide support. All links point to the forums as a means for support. In other words. Dolphin is a community supported product and pretty much always has been.

That said. Back to the issue with mobile. I believe the mobile apps are a waste of time and money. Just the annual fees alone from apple and others just to put the app in the stores is bad enough. And if i owned a mobile device, which i don't, but have used them. I would not want to have to install a app just to use a website. The website should be usable right from within the built in web browser.

I also don't believe responsive templates are the answer either. Control of content and it's positioning is pretty much non-existent.

I believe the only solution is a separate mobile version of the site. A future project of mine.

I though the same thing. That with the increase on license fees that we would get better support.  But, $399 for a community supported software is just nuts.  Wish I did not have so much invested over the last 7 years, otherwise I would go with a different company.  So, I'm just stuck with it and have to make due with the forum for support.  

Over the years, I found that most of the vendors do a great job of helping out and not just on their own mods. So really it is a community and third party vendor supported software. Just be nice and professional and you will be surprised at how much help you will get from the users and vendors.

Maybe after the new year Boonex will be more helpful.

Quote · 28 Dec 2013

Here is instructions on how to add "Report" button in iOS app profile page:

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Report-button-in-iOS-app.htm

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 28 Dec 2013

Here is instructions on how to add "Report" button in iOS app profile page:

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Report-button-in-iOS-app.htm

Awesome thanks AlexT, i know that was simple but if it was to me i would not be asking.

i appreciate it. 

Quote · 28 Dec 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.