Data Migration (Profiles)

Hello

I am having a problem with my Data Migration Module.

I installed Dolphin RC 7 in a sub folder.   During the install, it told me to set the following cron job:

cd /home/account_name/public_html/install_folder/periodic; /usr/local/bin/php -q cron.php

(I edited account_name and install_folder for the purpose of this posting)

I did this EXACTLY (copy paste), but when I run the Data Migration Module for Profiles - it says that it is "qued" and "in progress"

But nothing further ever happens.  No error message, ad no profiles ever get moved.

Once, I waited two full days just to see if it needed time to run.  Still nothing.  Still says qued and in progress.

My cron does not send me an email to let me know it ran either

I contacted our host (HFW), who is familiar with Dolphin scripts.

They informed me that the cron was wrong and told me do do it this way:

php -q /home/accountname/public_html/install_folder/periodic/cron.php

(notice, they took out the cd part . . .)

I updated my cron to this EXACTLY - and still NOTHING

I uninstall the module and re-install it . . nothing

Please, someone help me troubleshoot this.   The cron must be wrong . .  . ?????

Does cron.php need a special permission?  Is there a file in the migration module that needs a permission change?

Any help is greatly appreicated.

Quote · 15 Nov 2009

Set your cron job like this:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/account_name/public_html/install_folder/periodic/cron.php

Nothing to see here
Quote · 15 Nov 2009

Ok, so I fixed the Cron Job entry, but my Migration still says "In Process" and when i try to move data again, it sells me it is already transffered, but wont let me transfer anything else?

How do I cancel it or restart it? Do I have to reinstall again?

Cory

Quote · 15 Nov 2009

Zarcon - I have updated my Cron, as you have suggested.

I will re-run the profiles migration module and post back in a bit to update if it worked or not.

DPI - the only way I know how to abort the Migration Module is to uninstall it and then re-install it and start over.

Go to Tools, Modules . .then uninstall the Data Migration Module - then reinstall it.

Good luck

Quote · 15 Nov 2009

I set the cron job as you listed.

I reinstalled the migration module

I ran the profile migration

Still . . nothing

Last few hours it says qued . . and in progress, but still never does anything.

Is there something in the permissions I need to set (CHMOD)?

I did the 7RC install exactly how it says, step by step .  . . and I am on HFW server so there should be no issues.

This is very frustrating that the cron does not seem to be working . . . or the file is not working .

Set your cron job like this:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/account_name/public_html/install_folder/periodic/cron.php

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

What host are you using?  Arvixe or?

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

I am hosting at HostForWeb, which is the one Boonex recommends for many years.

I set my cron jobs in Cpanel.

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

iKanDu, are your video processing when you upload them? If so, then your cron job IS working. I will say this from experience too, if you have modded your previous version that has altered the profiles table, then you may run into problems there too.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 16 Nov 2009

hmm sounds like you set it up correctly.  Weird try unstall Data Migration Module and install it and try again.  If you have more than 5,000 members, i think it will take more than an hour to progress.

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

Zarcon

I am not quite sure what you meant by "video processing" and I am doing a test on a 100% non-moded site with only 4 profiles and it still will not load.

I have no idea how to test if the cron is working or not.  Therefore I don't now if the hang up is in the cron command or the cron.php file . . or the que for the migration.

But, I do thank you for your assistance so far.

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

Patrick

Thanks for your suggestion.  However, I have uninstalled and re-installed the module a gazillion times lol.  I even uninstalled Dolphin completely 3 times and reinstalled it to see if I made a simple mistake during the install.  (I have installed dolphin thousands of times in the last 5 years with no problems)

I am just completely lost here.

As I said, I am running this migration on an unmoded site with only 4 profiles for test purposes.  Once I figure out what I am doing wrong, I can move forward on live sites to migrate . . .

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

What I'm trying to say is if you have installed Dolphin 7 RC, try to upload a video. If you have the cron job setup properly, the video will process in about 1-2 minutes where you can watch it from the videos section.

It works, then I would say that you could rule out a cron job problem..

Nothing to see here
Quote · 16 Nov 2009

Try this

/usr/bin/php -q /home/your_account_name/public_html/install_folder/periodic/cron.php

remove /local/

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

Zarcon

I installed the video module, then uploaded a test video.

It worked, or at least it said it worked.  It showed the uploaded video as a thumbnail pic.

I went to the admin area and activated it - BUT, when you watch the video it says "error file not found"

Not sure if that's a cron thing or not, if we got this far in the video upload

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

Patrick

I have now tried both ways (with and without local). .

No changes happen when I run the migration module, or upload any pics (which should call the corn too)

But, thanks again for your suggestion.

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

Have you tried holding your left leg in a perfect 90 degree angle and singing Old McDonald when you execute the migration? hahaha, sorry, just trying to make a funny

Back to thinking..

Nothing to see here
Quote · 16 Nov 2009

Have you tried holding your left leg in a perfect 90 degree angle and singing Old McDonald when you execute the migration? hahaha, sorry, just trying to make a funny

Back to thinking..

It's funny you mention that .  . .  .    You would not guess what I was doing 2 and a half hours ago . . . . lol

Quote · 16 Nov 2009

Update: Finally got this going.

My Cron was fine, just that for some reason CronTab had stopped running on my server.  I logged into the server via SSH and restarted the cronTab and everything ran smooth . .

Until the Video Migration.

It starts the first one. .. .   even creates the new file and then it bails after that.

I get the following cron error email:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function  getconvertertmpl() in /home/bustingh/public_htm/ltestD7RC/modules/boonex/data_migration/classes/BxDataMigrationVideos.php on line 221

SashaE informed me to "upgrade" the videos module, so I did . . but still the same thing happens.

After reading the error, I took a look at classes/BxDataMigrationVideos.php  because it is basically telling me that there is a function "getconverttmpl()" that has not been defined.   I noticed that getconvertertmpl() is not in this file at all.

Could this be the problem?

Quote · 20 Nov 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.