Kolimarfey Places

Kolimarfey "Places" support thread is here.

18 Jan 2010

I purchased this from you in the past and we spoke you said you would be providing the updated files when you updated the mod.  How can I get the updated files, please.

Thanks

clubbeyourself

clubbeyourself
19 Jan 2010

I purchased this from you in the past and we spoke you said you would be providing the updated files when you updated the mod.  How can I get the updated files, please.

Thanks

clubbeyourself

Upgrade from Places 1.x to 2.x costs $5. After payment is done, I will provide you Places 2.x manually.

20 Jan 2010

Thanks

clubbeyourself

Upgrade from Places 1.x to 2.x costs $5. After payment is done, I will provide you Places 2.x manually.

I will contact you on pm, to find out payment details.  Thank

clubbeyourself
27 Jan 2010

I'm interested in this mod, but had a question. How difficult would it be to edit the mod so that your members can add things to other member's places? Upload their own photos/videos/kml/ect... Then it would show up on their profile as well, as being a place they have been. Actually being able to share places. Just curious if I would be able to accomplish it. I've got some experience with php and mysql, but I don't consider myself an expert. 

Thanks!

2 Feb 2010

I'm interested in this mod, but had a question. How difficult would it be to edit the mod so that your members can add things to other member's places? Upload their own photos/videos/kml/ect... Then it would show up on their profile as well, as being a place they have been. Actually being able to share places. Just curious if I would be able to accomplish it. I've got some experience with php and mysql, but I don't consider myself an expert.

Thanks!

I have already several request about similar functionality and I will definitely implement this feature in future versions. Users will be able to join Places, then they will be displayed as visitors in a separate block. Visitors will be able to upload their photos, videos and maybe even draw on the map.

3 Feb 2010

Hello,

I installed the module and appears to have installed fine (see www.propertyofferz.com), but from the backend administration I can not get to the admin page of the module to input API for maps etc.   says " Method(actionAdministration) was not found in module(places)"

I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Thanks

Yolanda  (using Dolphin 7)

6 Feb 2010

Hello,

I installed the module and appears to have installed fine (see www.propertyofferz.com), but from the backend administration I can not get to the admin page of the module to input API for maps etc.   says " Method(actionAdministration) was not found in module(places)"

I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Thanks

Yolanda  (using Dolphin 7)

Hello Yolanda,

Places administration panel is accessible using the following url: http://you-site.com/your-path/places/administration/

But it looks like you are trying to access wrong url, like http://you-site.com/your-path/m/places/administration/

Alex.

8 Feb 2010

Thanks!

I have already several request about similar functionality and I will definitely implement this feature in future versions. Users will be able to join Places, then they will be displayed as visitors in a separate block. Visitors will be able to upload their photos, videos and maybe even draw on the map.

looking forward to seeing this feature, if a bribe would get this done sooner let me know ;-)

12 Feb 2010

A couple of months ago, I upgraded from Dophin 7 to 7.01 (the official release, not Beta).  I have not been able to retrieve the existing data from the Places (for Dolphin 7) module.  In fact, instead of the Places Admin panel, it takes me to Places page, which is blank.  I am hoping to receive some guidance.  I did clear the cache, uninstalled Places, reinstalled Places, and even re-cleared the cache just to be sure.  I did check my phpAdmin panel for my database and it seems that the data is still there, I just can't seem to get the two to connect.

---Andrew

Graduate Business Student Services Association (GBSSA)

7 Jun 2010

A couple of months ago, I upgraded from Dophin 7 to 7.01 (the official release, not Beta).  I have not been able to retrieve the existing data from the Places (for Dolphin 7) module.  In fact, instead of the Places Admin panel, it takes me to Places page, which is blank.  I am hoping to receive some guidance.  I did clear the cache, uninstalled Places, reinstalled Places, and even re-cleared the cache just to be sure.  I did check my phpAdmin panel for my database and it seems that the data is still there, I just can't seem to get the two to connect.

---Andrew

Graduate Business Student Services Association (GBSSA)

My Places mod have no problems with dolphin upgrades, the only thing is one small customizations which can be overwritten, then please apply changes from readme.html file in .htacces file, since it is mod_rewrite rules in this file - then most probably this is your problem.

If the problem is still unresolved feel free to contact me.

12 Jun 2010

Perfect!  That solution took care of the data linking.  I now have another problem.  The data is being replicated 3x on the Places home page (http://gbssa.org/places/) specifically Browse latest, Browse best, and the map.  On the individual view (http://gbssa.org/places/view/Cafe-Tortoni) where the voting, map, information, description, photos and comments are.  Do you have a suggestion for fixing these errors?  Thank you!  I really like this Mod.

---Andrew

Graduate Business Student Services Association

14 Jun 2010

Perfect!  That solution took care of the data linking.  I now have another problem.  The data is being replicated 3x on the Places home page (http://gbssa.org/places/) specifically Browse latest, Browse best, and the map.  On the individual view (http://gbssa.org/places/view/Cafe-Tortoni) where the voting, map, information, description, photos and comments are.  Do you have a suggestion for fixing these errors?  Thank you!  I really like this Mod.

---Andrew

There is small bug in uninstall.sql which will be fixed in Places-2.2

Now you can fix it by changing the following lines in kolimarfey\places\install\sql\install.sql file:

-- page builder
DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose_pages` WHERE `Name` = 'Place View';

DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose` WHERE `Page` = 'Place View';
DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose` WHERE `Page` = 'Places Index';

to

-- page builder
DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose_pages` WHERE `Name` = 'places_view';
DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose_pages` WHERE `Name` = 'places_index';

DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose` WHERE `Page` = 'places_view';
DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose` WHERE `Page` = 'places_index';

You need to reinstall Places after this modification.

15 Jun 2010

---Andrew

There is small bug in uninstall.sql which will be fixed in Places-2.2

Now you can fix it by changing the following lines in kolimarfey\places\install\sql\install.sql file:

-- page builder

DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose` WHERE `Page` = 'Place View';
DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose` WHERE `Page` = 'Places Index';

to

-- page builder
DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose_pages` WHERE `Name` = 'places_view';
DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose_pages` WHERE `Name` = 'places_index';

DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose` WHERE `Page` = 'places_view';
DELETE FROM `sys_page_compose` WHERE `Page` = 'places_index';

You need to reinstall Places after this modification.

Fantastic!  That worked.  Thank you very much.

---Andrew

15 Jun 2010

Any updates on when this may be available? And if it may be offered as a free upgrade?

Thanks!

Light man a fire keep him warm for a night, light him ON fire & he will be warm the rest of his life
14 Jul 2010

Is there any time line for updating places with additional features?

Light man a fire keep him warm for a night, light him ON fire & he will be warm the rest of his life
1 Aug 2010

Is there any time line for updating places with additional features?

All 2.x updates are free if you have any 2.x version.

Next 2.2 version will include some bugfixes and UI improvements, I will try to release it during next 2-3 weeks.

2 Aug 2010

I need some help to get the Places module working. it shows that it is installed. It say Kolimarfey Places version 2.2.0 by kolimarfey
When I hit the icon to look at the admin area it says
Not Found

The requested URL /contacto/places/administration/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.30 Server at tribunainternacional.net Port 80

When I go to the home page, I see the button for Places and when I hit it it says
Not Found

The requested URL /contacto/places/browse/latest was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.30 Server at tribunainternacional.net Port 80

Thanks for whatever help and time.

8 Oct 2011

According to the error message, it looks like modification in .htaccess file is not applied, please refer to the readme.html file for the installation manual.  

I need some help to get the Places module working. it shows that it is installed. It say Kolimarfey Places version 2.2.0 by kolimarfey
When I hit the icon to look at the admin area it says
Not Found

The requested URL /contacto/places/administration/ was not found on this server.

When I go to the home page, I see the button for Places and when I hit it it says
Not Found

The requested URL /contacto/places/browse/latest was not found on this server.

Thanks for whatever help and time.

9 Oct 2011

This is a great mod but I am stuck at trying to add a new category with...  "Category name is language key, you need to add translation for category name to get rid of the underscore". I'm new to Boonex and do not know how to add the translation, any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 Nov 2011

Categories in Places are multilingual, so after adding a category you need to add translation for it, this is the reason it is displayed with underscore. So if you added "Hometowns" category and it is displayed as "_Hometowns" you need to go to:

Dolphin Admin Panel  -> Settings -> Languages Settings -> press "Add Key" button in "Manage Keys" block. 

Then enter "_Hometowns" into "Key name" field, select "Places" category, and enter "Hometowns" for English language and appropriate translations for other languages.

This is a great mod but I am stuck at trying to add a new category with...  "Category name is language key, you need to add translation for category name to get rid of the underscore". I'm new to Boonex and do not know how to add the translation, any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 Nov 2011

Thank you very much, Kolimarfey, for the fast and easy to understand reply.

13 Nov 2011

Forgive my ignorance...I have a computer science degree, but it's old and I'm out of practice.

I read the FAQ and understand how to add/manipulate fields to some extent. I made the image for a place optional, but it's not obvious to me how to set a default image (i.e. a "no photo" icon) in the absence of an uploaded image. I'm guessing this is fairly simple, but I can't sort it out... Any help?

19 Feb 2012

Default image is located in the same directory with other images, if all uploaded have numeric ids beginning from 1, no-icon image is 0.jpg.

So, for all sizes no-photo images are:

modules/kolimarfey/places/application/photos/0.jpg

modules/kolimarfey/places/application/photos/big/0.jpg

modules/kolimarfey/places/application/photos/real/0.jpg

Forgive my ignorance...I have a computer science degree, but it's old and I'm out of practice.

I read the FAQ and understand how to add/manipulate fields to some extent. I made the image for a place optional, but it's not obvious to me how to set a default image (i.e. a "no photo" icon) in the absence of an uploaded image. I'm guessing this is fairly simple, but I can't sort it out... Any help?

26 Feb 2012

Thank you for the response.  The problem I'm having is that 'pl_thumb' is given a value > 0 even though an image is not uploaded when a place is initially added.

I have commented out the portion of the code that allows a user to upload an image when adding a place (in PlacesFormAdd.php).  I thought this would leave 'pl_thumb' at the default value of 0, but it still gets a value.  I haven't been able to figure out where to modify the code so that the default value isn't replaced...

The places view shows the 0.jpg photo, but the thumbnail refers to a file that doesn't exist.

26 Feb 2012

Maybe this is some sort of bug, do you have exact sequence of actions on how yo reproduce this ? so I will be able to fix it and provide you solution.

Thank you for the response.  The problem I'm having is that 'pl_thumb' is given a value > 0 even though an image is not uploaded when a place is initially added.

I have commented out the portion of the code that allows a user to upload an image when adding a place (in PlacesFormAdd.php).  I thought this would leave 'pl_thumb' at the default value of 0, but it still gets a value.  I haven't been able to figure out where to modify the code so that the default value isn't replaced...

The places view shows the 0.jpg photo, but the thumbnail refers to a file that doesn't exist.

26 Feb 2012

The way you wrote the module, the problem wouldn't occur.  In PlacesFormAdd.php, I made the following change around line 155 (to make uploading an image optional):

'pl_image' => array (
                'label' => 'Places Image',
                'type' => 'file',

'required' => 0,
            ),

Now when I add a place, but don't upload an image, the place is accepted by my website but the thumbnail id 'pl_thumb' still gets assigned a value.  When I see the thumbnail (under "Browse Latest", for example) the thumbnail refers to an image that doesn't exist.  So, in IE it shows the "x" image, and Firefox just shows nothing.

I tried to comment the above code out completely, but that didn't solve the problem.  I tried various other solutions, but haven't come up with one that works...

26 Feb 2012

To fix problem with image apply the following modification:

Replace:

$form->insertResizedImage('pl_image', 'places_photos', $sId, $this->aSizes, BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_ROOT . PLACES_IMAGES_PATH)

with:

if (!$form->insertResizedImage('pl_image', 'places_photos', $sId, $this->aSizes, BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_ROOT . PLACES_IMAGES_PATH))
    $this->model->resetImage($sId);

In PlacesController.php file near ~1218 line.

Then add the following code:

function resetImage ($iPlaceId)
{
    $this->query("UPDATE `" . K_TABLE_PREFIX . "places` SET `pl_thumb` = '0' WHERE `pl_id` = '$iPlaceId'");
    return $iImgId;
}

before the following line:

function insertImage ($iPlaceId)

in PlacesModel.php file near ~235 line.

The way you wrote the module, the problem wouldn't occur.  In PlacesFormAdd.php, I made the following change around line 155 (to make uploading an image optional):

'pl_image' => array (
                'label' => 'Places Image',
                'type' => 'file',

'required' => 0,
            ),

Now when I add a place, but don't upload an image, the place is accepted by my website but the thumbnail id 'pl_thumb' still gets assigned a value.  When I see the thumbnail (under "Browse Latest", for example) the thumbnail refers to an image that doesn't exist.  So, in IE it shows the "x" image, and Firefox just shows nothing.

I tried to comment the above code out completely, but that didn't solve the problem.  I tried various other solutions, but haven't come up with one that works...

27 Feb 2012

Perfect, thank you!

27 Feb 2012

Will this be updated to 7.1?

11 Nov 2012

Yes, I'm going to update Places for Dolphin 7.1 in the nearest future.

11 Nov 2012

Cool.. Will be waiting for it.. Thanks alot..

11 Nov 2012

I know how to add dropdowns to Places and add new fields as well, but I'm trying to create a dependency between one dropdown and another in PlaceFormAdd.php.  So, for example, user select Category and the child Subcategories populate a second dropdown.   I've seen how this is done in another pages, but this mod is built differently and I haven't been able to even get an onchange() event to work.  Do you plan to offer something like this in future releases?  (I really need this to make the mod work for my purposes and would be willing to pay for custom work.)  Thanks!

15 Nov 2012

Thanks!

Hi,

I am very interested in this mod. But it seems to me that for a long time there was no update. Is still pending development of this mod?

thank you

24 Nov 2012

sorry man, I didn´t see this reply. I looking forward to the new version.

Yes, I'm going to update Places for Dolphin 7.1 in the nearest future.

24 Nov 2012

Hello,

I'm wondering when can we expect the new version for Dolphin 7.1?

It would be great to have the new Places module :)

10 Jan 2013

I'm busy now with some current tasks, I hope that I will be able to provide new version of Places for Dolphin 7.1 in February.

I'm wondering when can we expect the new version for Dolphin 7.1?

It would be great to have the new Places module :)

11 Jan 2013

Same problem...

And for us, it's very important !

Thanks per advance

1 Feb 2013

I'm busy now with some current tasks, I hope that I will be able to provide new version of Places for Dolphin 7.1 in February.

Is the update for 7.1 still planned for February?

From the land DownUnder
21 Feb 2013

Any time frame for 7.1?

From the land DownUnder
25 Feb 2013

Sorry, I'm busy with mobile apps rebranding in February, but hope to get Places ready for Dolphin 7.1 soon, if it will be no additional work with rebranding.

25 Feb 2013

I appreciate the fact that you have other things. But ... I bought this module from you and I expect support from you. The problem is that your module does not work in Dolphin 7.1.1.

We have no support from you and it's relly annoing :( 

Please send us the information if Places module is not supported anymore.

16 Mar 2013

Sorry, I'm busy with mobile apps rebranding in February, but hope to get Places ready for Dolphin 7.1 soon, if it will be no additional work with rebranding.

Any update Alex on when places for 7.1 will be ready?

From the land DownUnder
19 Mar 2013

I'm working on new version already, hope to get it ready soon.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
19 Mar 2013

I'm working on new version already, hope to get it ready soon.

Thanks for the update, any new features planned?

From the land DownUnder
20 Mar 2013

I will first update all the current features, to speed up the process, maybe later will add new features.

20 Mar 2013

I will first update all the current features, to speed up the process, maybe later will add new features.

Just one thing Alex, can you have it so the places block does not show on the profile page if a member has no places added.

From the land DownUnder
20 Mar 2013

January February, March, April, May, June or Obsolete?

Just one thing Alex, can you have it so the places block does not show on the profile page if a member has no places added.

From the land DownUnder
28 May 2013

Sorry for delay, I'm still working on it, I have to rewrite all google maps API related code to migrate from v.2 to v.3 and it is taking some considerable time, I hope to complete it in June.

January February, March, April, May, June or Obsolete?

4 Jun 2013

I've completed Places 3.0 for Dolphin 7.1

Demo: http://kolimarfey.demozzz.com/dolphin71/index.php

demo login: test

demo password: 12345

I will upload the product to the Market within next few days.

New things in 3.0 version: 

- New design

- Google Maps v.3 integration

- Build-in categories icons

- Dolphin 7.1 support

- Russian translation

- Different improvements

- Bugfixes

4 Jul 2013
4 Jul 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.