6.1 Is a Mess

What a huge disappointment.  Too bad we can't go back to the old one.  Membership levels among other things is my beef.  Can't change them and when you do, it just repeats an existing member and does not actually change the membership level.

Quote · 22 May 2008

Same here. I have one member shown 15 times, with same user ID who is upgraded.  Cant get anyone else upgraded, Heck I don't know how I got him upgraded.

Doesnt seem like the Boonex staff actually anwer anyone here though I just read through 30+ forum messages, they ask questions, but no answers.  Im new to Dolphin are they always like this?

Quote · 22 May 2008

I'm really lost on the membership levels also.  It seems there is no way for a user to select their level on registration- is that correct?  How is it supposed to work?  Worse, there is no way to manually upgrade a user that I know of- not even by using phpmyadmin- it simple cannot be done.  I guess we are waiting for a patch on that one- if anyone knows anything please post it.

Rob

Quote · 22 May 2008

The dolphin upgrade works correctly for me. Did you get any errors at the upgrade?

I should take a backup before doing an upgrade.

To Caltrade,

At the registration users cannot select their membership. They will be registered as standard user. Later they can change the member ship through their member panel by selecting one from the available.

----
Quote · 22 May 2008

I'm really lost on the membership levels also.  It seems there is no way for a user to select their level on registration- is that correct?  How is it supposed to work?  Worse, there is no way to manually upgrade a user that I know of- not even by using phpmyadmin- it simple cannot be done.  I guess we are waiting for a patch on that one- if anyone knows anything please post it.

Rob

yes mw too ... I wish from boonex reback for choose memberships level from admin panel

this way in new version is very baaad

regards

Quote · 22 May 2008

Upgrades are a bad idea.  Do a fresh install.

I wasted 5 hours on an upgrade once... not fun.

Since a fresh install of 6.1 I have encountered only a few small issues, all of which I found support articles on.

Good luck and don't forget to exhale. Tongue out

Quote · 22 May 2008

Rob

select members in your admin panel, you can upgrade them from there.real easy.

Quote · 23 May 2008

Rob

you also have to set up your pricing for corresponding levels first before members can choose level at sign-up.

Quote · 23 May 2008

Billiondollarman,

Could you clarify?  I've set up pricing levels.  How do you upgrade members from the admin panel- I don't see it.

Rob

Quote · 25 May 2008

cal i put up a vid on my blog for ya

"admin controls"

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 25 May 2008

Jesus christ Im glad Im reading this forum, you guys probably just saved me a couple hunderd dollars I was about to spend on this stuff...But dont seem like any of you are satisfied, so I know I dont have time for those types of problems...Forums are good

Quote · 26 May 2008

this rant thread is from people who dont have proper host settings and dont knowhow to troubleshoot, and I can understand since the only real docs are in the forumzzz....

This is the most versatile system out there...so many configurations have people trying suggestions that dont fit their own host settings. Admins must have some knowledge as to how to read the error docs to fix simple errors and know which settings need adjustment.

Many questions I find also come from people who do not list versions or what was done to get there. The guys who answer have really nothing to go on so are kinda blind to the situation and post multiple suggestions. I know I have tried many suggestions I have read too when I first started, and as I got further into it, I wish I had more knowledge of the systems, php versions and their needs, mysql versions, their needs and the basic settings that Dolphin needs.

I have also had many people say that they have tried the rest and Dolphin pulls through. Its all up to you which game you wanna get yourself into lol

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 26 May 2008

mrpharill,

You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars to have a good running site. I've got a highly modified version of dolphin 6, that I'll let you have for free (included with my $30 professional installation). All my work is guaranteed. If you're interested, contact me at:

admin@siu-singles.com

You can try my test site here:

www.siu-singles.com

Quote · 26 May 2008

Mrpowless - on Expertzzz you didn't have a solution for this and I thought it was determined that this had been left out of 6.1 for some reason.  Someone wrote Boonex and they said a patch would be released soon.  Are you know saying there is a way to manually upgrade a member directly from the admin panel for 6.1- couldn't you just tell us where?

Rob

Quote · 26 May 2008

To add my 2cent to this conversaton.

I think there 's 2 sides to dolpin issues.

1. Does dolphin have bugs, and the answer is yes, many bugs and most i would have to say are critical bugs.

2.  Are people having problems configuring, Yes!

I have 2 sites. site one i haven't upgraded and its been working fine for the last year or so. I loged into admin to fix a user and found  profile video isnt working any more, stuck at connecting message.

site one, none of the ray suites are registerd and yet therer working.

I need to upgrade site one, but how do i do that knowing the fact if i upgrad my wite will be down for 1 to 2 weeks if not more.

site 2

I upgraded,

problems, forum not working, unable to register any of the ray suites and 2 weeks and going site is still ready to be published.

none of my sites have any mods and there all default installs.

it can't be my hosting company because site one is up and running. has problems but it's workable.

Quote · 26 May 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.