7.4.2 without verifying email, access to account

Hello,

my Dolphin 7.4.2 works partially with some third-party modules.

Only is a problem

If users register successfully.

Without verifying your email,

they have partial access to their account.

I want to prevent that.

Is there a possibility?

Quote · 11 May 2019

Admin Section

-> Settings section

-> Advanced Settings

-> Moderation section

----- checking "Auto-activate profiles after joining" and "Auto-confirm profile without confirmation email" should give you what you want.

Edit: My answer is assuming that you want a user to be activated and have full access of account once they complete registration. Is that what you want?

caredesign.net
Quote · 12 May 2019

This question has been raised before. If I recall, it all has to do with the Navigation Menu.

• Sign out and have a look at the home page. You should be a guest.
  • Click on each menu item on the Home page to see what you can access and make a note of the names.
  • Go to Admin/Builders/Navigation Menu and click each of the TOP menu blocks causing trouble.
  • Go to the bottom of the form and were it says Visible for and only select Members. It's probably set for Guests or both.

That will remove the menu item from the home page when guests and prospective members look at it.

I'm only going on memory, but a prospective member can probably access some items because of this.

There are times when one setting overrides another and this is one of those times.

Quote · 12 May 2019

Admin-Bereich

-> Abschnitt Einstellungen

-> Erweiterte Einstellungen

-> Moderationsbereich

----- Wenn Sie "Profil nach dem Beitritt automatisch aktivieren" und "Profil ohne Bestätigungs-E-Mail automatisch bestätigen", erhalten Sie die gewünschten Informationen.

Editieren: Meine Antwort wird aus, dass Sie möchten, dass ein Benutzer aktiviert wird und vollen Zugriff auf das Konto hat, sobald er die Registrierung abgeschlossen hat. Ist es das was du willst?

Wie ich sagte,

User sollten keinen Zugriff auf das Konto haben.

wenn email nicht bestätigt wird.

siehe Bild.

Einstellungen sind korrekt

The user hat keinen Zugriff auf das Konto.

Er kann nicht mit anderen Mitgliedern kommunizieren.

Aber er hat Zugang zu seinem Konto.

obwohl er seine email nicht bestätigt hat.

no auto active.JPG · 24.7K · 188 views
Quote · 12 May 2019

@Jonnaklasine I think I've found your problem. I just searched through 400 of my previous posts and way back in 2017 you raised the same question.

At the time, I suggested you use Anton's Free Mandatory Confirmation which I think I'm also using.

https://www.boonex.com/m/Mandatory_Confirmation

At the time you indicated that it fixed your problem.

As the hack alters Dolphin core files, you would have lost the feature when you upgraded to 7.4+

Just go back to the link and download Anton's version which should be updated, or at least work on 7.4.2.

Good luck.

Quote · 12 May 2019

There was a mod in the market that I used on a site that limits what one can do on a site until they confirm.  I will see if I can find it.  It may need tweaking for 7.4

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12 May 2019

I can't find the module so it may no longer be available.  It allowed the member to log in but you could set limited access and it put a notice up that they needed to confirm in order to visit a page etc.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12 May 2019

The module I mentioned works fine and Anton has it listed as 7.4.2 compatible. @Jonnaklasine had the same problem in 2017 and I understand he installed the mod then. It's a hack in the /inc classes, so he probably lost everything when he upgraded.

Quote · 13 May 2019

Das Modul funktioniert einwandfrei und Anton hat es als 7.4.2 kompatibel gelistet. @Jonnaklasine hatte 2017 das gleiche Problem und ich verstehe, dass er den Mod dann installiert hat. Es ist ein Hack in den / inc-Klassen, auch hat er wahrscheinlich alles verloren, als er ein Upgrade durchgeführt hat.

the module from Anton, I had it for 2017 

Sorry, forget

Will install the module and set up a test account

Thanks alot JohnK42

Quote · 13 May 2019

Das Modul funktioniert einwandfrei und Anton hat es als 7.4.2 kompatibel gelistet. @Jonnaklasine hatte 2017 das gleiche Problem und ich verstehe, dass er den Mod dann installiert hat. Es ist ein Hack in den / inc-Klassen, auch hat er wahrscheinlich alles verloren, als er ein Upgrade durchgeführt hat.

the module from Anton, I had it for 2017 

Sorry, forget

Will install the module and set up a test account

Thanks alot JohnK42

Everything alright

has worked wonderfully

thanks again

JohnK42

Quote · 13 May 2019

Great to hear. It's really important to record changes to core files so that you can fix them if you have an upgrade. I made a similar mistake a few weeks ago.

Quote · 13 May 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.