777 Non-writable | 777 Writable - Bug?

I really don't know whats wrong. I can't get it to work. It looked like this from the beginning, even if i change the permissions to 777 again it doesn't work.

Is this some kind of bug?

Check out this screenshot.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Nike

Quote · 8 May 2009

version of Dolphin?

I see that in ray files 777 is accepted Undecided

Kids first
Quote · 8 May 2009

version of Dolphin?

I see that in ray files 777 is accepted Undecided

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the newest version. I belive it's v6.1.5

Yeah. I have a feeling that something has gone wrong. But i've installed it tree times now, and i get the same error each time.

Quote · 8 May 2009

Come on guys, i still need help. Any ideas?

Could anybody send me a screenshot of how all the permissions should look like?

Thanks.

Quote · 9 May 2009

This isn't going to be much help to you, I'm afraid - but I had something wierd like this happen when I rolled permissions back. It showed 755 as writable. I was able to skip over it so the install proceeded.

In other words, methinks there's a bug. I could be wrong though. Surprised

Quote · 9 May 2009

Alright then.

I give up! I might try it another day thought, but right now i just want to finish my website.

Btw, (a little bit off topic) does anyone know if there's any forums that i can integrate into wordpress? I've looked around and i can't find it. Thanks!

Quote · 9 May 2009

I would just like to chime in here and say that I am experiencing the exact same issue.

Trying to run Dolphin on a Windows Vista machine on the Apache server. I have changed all the permissions, but for some reason Dolphin still only recognise them as non-writable.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

It's frustrating as Dolphin seems a decent programme.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote · 11 May 2009

I have the same problem, please post if someone have the solution. is it a bug ?
And it irritate me becouse i had install the v.6.1.4 and it works, but then i was stupit to reinstall the pc and try the v.6.1.5 and then the v.6.1.5 instalation wont work,
and i have delete the files for the v.6.1.4 , do someone know where to get the old v.6.1.4 files so i can try to install them and then upgrade to the v.6.1.5 ?

Also follow this topic for finding the solution:
http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/#topic/Permissions-errors-somebody-thats-had-try-this-.htm

/ Nicky

Quote · 11 May 2009

Hi - I've just downloaded the newest version, doing a test install in my local machine (Vista x64 / XAMPP for Windows Version 1.7.1  - which runs Joomla fine) and I get the exact same problem.

The current permission come up as "777 Non-writable" for all folders with desired level as "777 Writable".

Seems odd to me as I thought 777 = writable, so why the error?  Anyway, I tried messing around with permissions on the folders requested, but nothing changes its.

The impact of this problem is that installation cannot take place (next page appears with error).

Seems odd as I got it working with v6.1.4

Update - I guess this ticket is for the issue, so its confirmation that its a bug?  http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/653

Guess I'll wait for v6.1.6 then.

Quote · 11 May 2009

Heres a quick hack to get it to install on windows

Starting at line 1653 in "install/index.php" I changed

function isFullAccessible($filename)
{
clearstatcache();
return is_writable($filename) && is_readable($filename) && is_executable($filename);
// $perms = fileperms($filename);
// return ($perms & 0x0004 && $perms & 0x0002 && $perms & 0x0001 && !($perms & 0x0200)) ? true : false;
}

function isRWAccessible($filename)
{
clearstatcache();
return is_writable($filename) && is_readable($filename);
// return ($perms & 0x0004 && $perms & 0x0002) ? true : false;
}

to this:

function isFullAccessible($filename)
{
clearstatcache();
return true && true && true;
// return ($perms & 0x0004 && $perms & 0x0002 && $perms & 0x0001 && !($perms & 0x0200)) ? true : false;
}

function isRWAccessible($filename)
{
clearstatcache();
return true && true;
// return ($perms & 0x0004 && $perms & 0x0002) ? true : false;
}

Installed completely after that. Definitely not a fix, but for the moment it works :)  Hope it helps.

Quote · 11 May 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.