AV Chat and Video

I am using a mac, (Yes a mac, don't give me grief. I would never switch to PC) and have built in iSight. Strangely, the profile video nor the av chat is utilizing the built in camera. Any suggestions? I am running Tiger, but have never had problems getting the iSight to work before.

Thanks

Quote · 23 May 2008

First off.. MACs ROCK. I do all my dev work on a mac.

So, you need to make sure you do not have photobooth or any other app for your isight open.

then you need to "allow' your site to use the camera.

Let me know if you need more details and I can take some screen shots

CyberXing

Quote · 23 May 2008

[quietly raises hand]

uhm, I am a closet Mac user.

I have two iMacs and also own the original MacPlus with the developer signatures inside the box. And if you remember the Apple Newton, I have the original Message Pad 110 with mini keyboard and fax attachment...ahhh this is bringing back the dayzzz of early computing...everything was so new and just crazy expensive.

A lot of my clients are on PC and I use it on a daily basis BUT I do use a Mac keyboard on my PC. I love the Mac keyboard, it is smooth and easier to write my tutorials and do my work. As for my graphic designer friends, they are all on Macs and always try to convert me :)

I use both depending what I'm doing and on occasion I boot around with an install of Ubuntu.

I guess you could say I am systems agnostic.

Welcome to the forum goHebraic!

...sip...

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 23 May 2008

You can use your inbuilt camera. Check for the working of drivers if you have any problem

----
Quote · 23 May 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.