Access to site by non members

Dear all,

I am new with/at Dolphin. I have the latest Dolphin (with ads). As the subject says, I am interested in making the site inaccessible to non members... At present non members can see the menus member pics, profiles etc. Is there an option to make info inaccessible?

Thanks for your help

iced

Quote · 14 Jul 2008

Look at admin - membership levels... there you can give in your permissions for every group of users..

Kids first
Quote · 14 Jul 2008

thank you, i just happened to find it...

thanks again

Quote · 14 Jul 2008

I've given non-members absolutely NO privileges yet they can still get past the home page and see our events, forums, etc. How do you keep non-members from getting past the home page??

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Michelle

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

Hi Michelle,

-

Try going into builders > navigation menu builder.

-

Then click each box and uncheck GUEST.

-

Example: MEMBERS is top tab. Click on it until it opens, then uncheck the GUEST box. Do that for ALL the boxes underneath it and so on.

-

Hope this helps!

-

~~ Lorren

I've given non-members absolutely NO privileges yet they can still get past the home page and see our events, forums, etc. How do you keep non-members from getting past the home page??

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Michelle

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

Thanks, Ted. Sounds like a nice solution. However, I'm going to show my ignorance here and as "top of what page".  THanks in advance for your reply.

-Michelle

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

Well look at you...I didn't see this tip. Think I'll use it Ted!

-

~~ Lorren

First of all, I looked it up and it was GameUtopia's code.  So he/she should get credit, not me.

Michelle,

Here is GameUtopia's description of his/her code:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&topic_id=a-gift-and-a-question

Just go into the php file of the page you want restricted and cut and paste it in ("near the top").

But first, AND THIS IS SO IMPORTANT, back up the page before you alter it.  Seriously, this is just about the most important thing in the world when one alters the code.

T

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.