Admin login error/help

I tryed everything I know to get my admin user and password to work and I still cant get into my admin. I even tryed working in the phpAdmin also and Ive changed it there with the MD5 and it still wont let me in. I dont know why. If anyone knows any other way to get this going. Ive installed the dolphin instruction from boonex and followed that. you can get in the main member page and register just fine. Its just the admin part I having trouble with..

Keeley

AngelDoveRainbow

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

are you trying to login through the front of the website with your admin username and pass?

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

Im trying under the admin section page

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

does the login process correctly or do you get errors?

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

Login failed. Please, try again. that what it keeps doing to me..

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

sorry for so many questions but just trying to trouble shoot it. are the username and password you used longer than 10 letters? either of them?

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

user name is 5 and password is 32

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

ok from my understanding it only allows for a 10 letter input, try using a smaller password no longer than 10 letters, this doesnot mean 10 as in md5 i mean actual typed in letters , so choose a smaller password and rerun the md5 generated and input it manully into phpmyadmin. then try to login

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

ok I tryed that is still getting Login Failed

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

which browser are you using? possible try a different browser, I also dont know if the login information allows !@#$%^ symbols in usernames or passwords, you might want to try  to avoid these if possible. If you want to try to use a different browser you can execute this in your phpmyadmin query

TRUNCATE TABLE `Admins`;
INSERT INTO `Admins` VALUES ( 'admin', md5('dolphin'));

where under values enter your own username and password for /admin & dolphin

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

other than that im fresh out of ideas at this point... if you still dont get this to work hang tight cause im sure someone else will be able to help you.

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

I even tryed taht truncate also.. im using IE browser. I do have firefox..

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

I even tryed taht truncate also.. im using IE browser. I do have firefox..

hi, I have experience the same problem like you before. that is I give the database name difference from database user name.  that why I can't login after install dolphin.

after I made another new db name and db user name same, I can login to the admin cpanel.

thanks.

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

so I have to make database and user the same name?

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

You said you have firefox, but did you try logon with that browser?

I have two separate dolphin installations on two separate servers.  One permits me to logon with IE, the other does not.   Both work just fine with firefox.  See if your firefox browser will let you logon. That will eliminate one possible problem.

Arthur

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

yes long in failed too

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

I even tryed that one. I now cant get into my main website now. Im getting DNS Error cant find server. I was just in this site doing my dolphin software and now I cant get into to update my website or dolphin.. If anyone is able to get into this website let me know please. http://www.angeldoverainbow.info/index.html

keeley

AngelDoveRainbow

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

the problem is not your password and username. the problem is the site.

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

I am not able to get to your site.  Here is the DNS I am getting for whois. Is this correct?

Name Server:NS1.BYETHOST9.ORG
Name Server:NS2.BYETHOST9.ORG

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

So my server might be down. also to other ? so my host account isn't going to work with dolphin.

Keeley

AngelDoveRainbow

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

If you were able to access your domain and server a few hours ago, then something is wrong.  I am getting this error.

Sorry, we couldn't find www.angeldoverainbow.info

This means that your DNS is interrupted for some reason. Your server may be up. There is no way to know. Contact your host.

a

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

I am unable to get a ping response for angeldoverainbow.info

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

ok

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

Ok my website is back on now...

Keeley

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

Hey everyone I got my community up and running now with my admin section. thans to leesta. That help me. I did what you said it works now..

Keeley

AngelDoveRainbow

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.