Advanced Video Embed 3.0 from Rayz

Is it necessary to register (and pay additional fee) at embed.ly, grab API Key and save it at my site administration for the Advanced Video Embed 3.0 module by Rayz? I wanted to make sure this was the case since there was no mention in the product details regarding having to purchase an additional vendor's API kit to get the module to work. I feel if there was an additional cost then another buyer would've mostly raised the question by now, but my site's programmer is suggesting that this is necessary in order for the module to work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I tried reaching out to Rayz direct but hadn't gotten a response, but also see that there hasn't been any comment activity or responses in about 2 years for the module. So hopefully there is still some support. 

Quote · 17 May 2018

Sort of a Bump.

Is Rayz still in business? I went to his market site tonight and every link I tried is dead. On the surface he has some interesting stuff, but he doesn't seem to be too active in keeping his sites in order for us to test anything.

A simple yes/no answer will possibly help @Umbrellic as well.

Quote · 14 Jun 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.