After localization lang-en.php file screws up

Hi folks,

did you see this before: "_FieldCaption_XYZ" loading a page in original English language?

1. You localize to another language (e.g. German)

2. You keep on customizing your setup, (e.g. create new item '_FieldCaption_xyz' =>'XYZ')

And here is the problem: The original lang-en.php file doesn't learn these new items anymore. This results in: If I load my page in original english language again all the new items are labeled "_FieldCaption_XYZ" now :(

Before I localized I added new items and the lang-en.php file learned those items on the bottom of the file perfectly.

I tried manually editing the lang-en file and tried to find any documentation. No luck. A bug?

Thanks,

Dirk

Quote · 15 Dec 2008

just go to admin area >> settings >> languages settings and recompile english

Regards

Artur

Quote · 16 Dec 2008

just go to admin area >> settings >> languages settings and recompile english

Regards

Artur

Yes!! Thank you! However, recompiling didn't solve it right away:

I (re)compiled the lang-en.php file. Same problem:. My lang-en.php is still missing entries, like

_FieldCaption_City_Search:
_FieldCaption_zip_Search:
_FieldCaption_NickName_Search:

Those entries are in my lang-de.php file and I can easily alias it with whatever I want to. But not for English anymore :(

The solution is to manually add them to the lang-en.php file. Now after using your hint, the lang_update.php compiles again. That didn't work before.

Any easier way to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Dirk

Quote · 16 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.