Andrey .... Talk to me

Hello Andrey

Can you tell us about Dolphin 7 progress?  I see that you are one of the developers.  Unoboonex is not good at keeping customers informed.  Maybe keeping customers informed about Dolphin 7 progress should be your job.  Many customers are angry with Boonex because no one tells them anything about Dolphin 7 progress.

So Andrey..... I think you have new job ...... tell us about Dolphin 7 progress.  I know you live in Kyrgyzstan and that your english may not be perfect, but that's ok.   We need some one to take charge and talk to cuustomers.... I think you will be good as new customer relations manager.

Thank you

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 30 Jan 2009

Hi,

Unoboonex is not one of the developers

Which Andrey exactly?

http://www.boonex.com/unity/AndreyP

or

http://www.boonex.com/unity/unoboonex

Don`t mess us, as you see we have different faces ;)

Quote · 30 Jan 2009

Hi,

Unoboonex is not one of the developers

Which Andrey exactly?

http://www.boonex.com/unity/AndreyP

or

http://www.boonex.com/unity/unoboonex

Don`t mess us, as you see we have different faces ;)

You are the correct Andrey.

Unoboonex just makes blog posts that are not much help.

I would like to count on you to keep us informed about Dolphin 7 progress.  Can you do that please?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 30 Jan 2009

I am asking the same thing.

http://www.boonex.com/unity/blog/entry/What_s_up_BoonEx_

Quote · 30 Jan 2009

I am asking the same thing.

http://www.boonex.com/unity/blog/entry/What_s_up_BoonEx_

I want Andrey to become the Boonex spokesperson.  He seems to participate in discussions here more than any other 'Boonexers'

From what I gather, Andrey is the lead developer on this project, so I am trying to engage him in conversation.  The Unoboonex green guy seems a little disconnected.  I want to hear about progress straight from the guys that are actually working on it.

AndreyP ..... Talk to me

Quote · 31 Jan 2009

Yes, sammie says truth.

And sammie (don`t know how) - visited our demo :)

About browsers compability. It worked in ff2/3, ie7/8, opera, safary browsers.

Yes, this is all moving forward. Into future!

Quote · 31 Jan 2009

he is not allowed to say anything about Dolphin 7, even i have been asked not to say anything about it. i will say i was impressed.... no, i was very very impressed. a lot more thought has gone into it, for the 1st time Boonex has worked on browser compatability more than ever before.

it is well worth the wait, a lot still to be done, but it is moving forward.

Are you allowed to say if certain features are being implemented?  I'm talking about features that the res of the social networking world already have.  One feature that is flagrantly missing from Dolphin 6.1.4, is profile privacy settings.  Most people want control over who can see what parts of their profile.

Member photo albums along with privacy settings for those albums is urgently needed.  People are accustomed to the capability of organizing their photos into albums they create and the ability to set privacy permissions on albums individually.

While on the subject of privacy settings, social network members are used to, therefore will demand the ability to create their own custom categories to organize other members.  'Friends' is no longer enough. More diversity is needed.  I would like to be able to categorize other members not only as friends, but perhaps create categories called "Colleagues" or "Coworkers", "Idiots",..... whatever.   If user named categories is too technically challenging for the next release, then several other standard categories that the site admin can name, would suffice.

The bottom line is that people want complete control over who sees what.  If Dolphin 7 does not have these basic features that I've mentioned, It's going to be extremely difficult to attract members to a Dolphin based site.

Quote · 31 Jan 2009
....and why are the fucking line breaks gone from my last post?? How about just ditching this POS called Orca and provide a good integration for real forum scripts like vBulletin or Invision?
Quote · 31 Jan 2009

At some point, people have to start talking about this - I like what Boonex has done but this silence is starting to take on a "passive agressive" tone.  The problem with threads like this is that they become everybody's wish list - and we have all done that already - many times.  What I would like to see instead, is a complete and open detailed features list of D7 - that way we could at least start planning our mods for things it doesn't have.   Also, assigning someone with authorization to answer questions about the next version would also help - and would help overcome the PR disaster they are having with the roll-out.

-

Rob

Quote · 31 Jan 2009

There are certainly a lot of wish lists going around, but I wouldn't consider member photo albums and profile privacy settings a wish.  I'd call those 2 things an absolute necessity.  If the next release does not have those 2 basic things, I'll have to abandon the Dolphin script.  I don't want to, because i like many of the other features, but member privacy setting tops the list of missing features.  I wish someone would just tell me now if member albums or privacy settings will exist in Dolphin 7.  It might save me a lot of time.

Quote · 31 Jan 2009

Yeah, but Houston, we ALL have questions like that for our own issues, and we have expressed them multiple times.   I was just trying to get Boonex to address a process for everyone's questions and issues.

-

Rob

Quote · 31 Jan 2009

Yeah, but Houston, we ALL have questions like that for our own issues, and we have expressed them multiple times.   I was just trying to get Boonex to address a process for everyone's questions and issues.

-

Rob

You mean... like.... we ask questions..... and someone from Boonex answers?   Rob. WTF are you smoking, and where can I get some?

Quote · 31 Jan 2009

......so have no idea what the admin panel has extra to enable or disable. so i can not say anything. i am just as in the dark as you are. just because i didnt see something does not mean its not got it.

I wasn't asking anything about the admin panel.  I was talking about front end features.  I don't have high expectations for the back end.  I'd just like to know if Rev. 7 will have 2 basic features that anyone that is a member of any social network on earth is accustomed to, and that is profile privacy controls, and the ability to organize their photos into albums.

Those are 2 very simple questions that Boonex should be able to answer.  Im not looking for any complex information.  A one word answer to both questions would suffice.

Quote · 31 Jan 2009

I'll make it easy Boonex

Profile privacy controls?   [ ] Yes       [ ] No

Members can create photo albums?  [ ] Yes    [ ] No

Quote · 31 Jan 2009

What bugs me is that all of the developers working on the Dolphin script, also sell mods on epertzzz.  This is called a conflict of interest where I come from.

Quote · 31 Jan 2009

Where you come from they call George Bush a great President, but you make a good point.

Quote · 1 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.