Anyone is using Plesk onyx

Anyone is using Plesk onyx and is that fully compatible with dolphin?

Quote · 17 Dec 2016

I haven't tried it yet, but getting ready to in January. I see they added a way to install Node.js easily in the Plesk Admin Control Panel, so I think that will help with the Chat installation, I hope.

Quote · 17 Dec 2016

Plesk Onyx is the newest version of Plesk. It's a server control panel, so like cPanel and Webmin, stays out of Dolphin's way (unless you misconfigure something related to the web hosting). It makes managing the server easier and is a great option if you don't want to spend more on cPanel.

Yes, we use it on all our dedicated servers that don't have cPanel, and it works very well.

Keep in mind that Plesk won't make the server compatible with Dolphin. You'll still need to configure PHP and MySQL if you haven't done so already. But at least for PHP, the PHP Settings in Plesk allows you to change the configuration on a per-site basis pretty easily.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 18 Dec 2016

Thank you.

Plesk Onyx is the newest version of Plesk. It's a server control panel, so like cPanel and Webmin, stays out of Dolphin's way (unless you misconfigure something related to the web hosting). It makes managing the server easier and is a great option if you don't want to spend more on cPanel.

Yes, we use it on all our dedicated servers that don't have cPanel, and it works very well.

Keep in mind that Plesk won't make the server compatible with Dolphin. You'll still need to configure PHP and MySQL if you haven't done so already. But at least for PHP, the PHP Settings in Plesk allows you to change the configuration on a per-site basis pretty easily.

Quote · 18 Dec 2016

I have watched plesk onyx has one dolphin v7.1.5 version.Do you have any plan to update new version in plesk?

In which case you install dolphin for premium members.

I have mailed to support but there is no reply.

Quote · 20 Jan 2017

I have watched plesk onyx has one dolphin v7.1.5 version.Do you have any plan to update new version in plesk?

Don't use the Plesk app installer. Dolphin 7.1.5 is ancient and insecure. That's actually why we disable the app installer on our servers - too many accidental installs of old versions. I don't think BoonEx has access to their store, but I have tried to have them (Plesk) remove such an old version or update it.

It's better to install Dolphin from the latest download. The only auto-installer that's reliable is Softaculous. But a manual install is always better.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 20 Jan 2017

Thank you

Don't use the Plesk app installer. Dolphin 7.1.5 is ancient and insecure. That's actually why we disable the app installer on our servers - too many accidental installs of old versions. I don't think BoonEx has access to their store, but I have tried to have them (Plesk) remove such an old version or update it.

It's better to install Dolphin from the latest download. The only auto-installer that's reliable is Softaculous. But a manual install is always better.

Quote · 21 Jan 2017

How to use SMTP module settings.

While plesk has its postfix mail server.

How to enable that mail in server to use in SMTP module.

Any one know about postfix SMTP settings

It seems Google others have limitations.

Quote · 22 Jan 2017

It's no different from any other. Just install and enable the SMTP Mailer module, and specify the mail account:

• SMTP Authentication: Checked
  • SMTP Username: Your email address
  • SMTP Password: <Password>
  • SMTP Server Name: localhost
  • SMTP Server Port: 25 (non-SSL/TLS) or 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS)
  • Use SSL or Not Secure if that fails
  • From Name: Your site name
  • Override Default Sender: Your email address

Save and then use the test form below to make sure it works. Note that PHP 5.6+ requires the mail server to have a signed SSL certificate to connect. If it doesn't, set "$SMTPAutoTLS" to false in /plugins/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php. That will force PHPMailer (the SMTP Mailer module) to not use SSL/TLS.

Quote · 23 Jan 2017

Hi 

Thanks very much

Unfortunately test mail went to spam

How to avoid.

It's no different from any other. Just install and enable the SMTP Mailer module, and specify the mail account:

• SMTP Authentication: Checked
  • SMTP Username: Your email address
  • SMTP Password: <Password>
  • SMTP Server Name: localhost
  • SMTP Server Port: 25 (non-SSL/TLS) or 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS)
  • Use SSL or Not Secure if that fails
  • From Name: Your site name
  • Override Default Sender: Your email address

Save and then use the test form below to make sure it works. Note that PHP 5.6+ requires the mail server to have a signed SSL certificate to connect. If it doesn't, set "$SMTPAutoTLS" to false in /plugins/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php. That will force PHPMailer (the SMTP Mailer module) to not use SSL/TLS.

Quote · 23 Jan 2017

If the sender or server IP has a low or non-existent reputation, then it can't be helped. It should improve over time, or you can use a third-party email service instead. For example, Google Apps, FastMail, or SendGrid.

Quote · 23 Jan 2017

If the sender or server IP has a low or non-existent reputation, then it can't be helped. It should improve over time, or you can use a third-party email service instead. For example, Google Apps, FastMail, or SendGrid.

Thank you.

which one have no limits? Google Apps, FastMail, or SendGrid?

If so, Any straightforward configuration link?

Quote · 23 Jan 2017

I'm pretty sure any email service provider has some kind of send limit. You'd need to check. SendGrid and other email delivery services are the easiest and don't require migrating your email over to another service.

Info for the module is here: https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/wiki/SMTP-Mailer-Setup

Quote · 24 Jan 2017

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure any email service provider has some kind of send limit. You'd need to check. SendGrid and other email delivery services are the easiest and don't require migrating your email over to another service.

Info for the module is here: https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/wiki/SMTP-Mailer-Setup

Quote · 25 Jan 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.