Call to a member function getParam() on null in ~/

I have just tried installing Dolphin 7.3.4. All works well until I get to the last installation page. At this point I am getting "HTTP ERROR 500". Checking the logs reveal the following errors: 

PHP Warning:  ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in ~/public_html/inc/header.inc.php on line 148

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getParam() on null in ~/public_html/inc/db.inc.php on line 85

Please can anyone help with this? My server information is below: 

cPanel Version68.0 (build 30)

Apache Version2.4.29

PHP Version5.6.34

MySQL Version10.0.34-MariaDB

Architecturex86_64

Operating Systemlinux

Path to Perl/usr/bin/perl

Perl Version5.16.3

Thanks

Quote · 13 Mar 2018

Hello gracey!

Seems you use shared hosting plan which has limited possibility to use similar scripts. For installation you may try to ask your hsoting provider to set this parameter in your PHP "magic_quotes_sybase" to 0 and then try to launch installation again. If it break again with error then you need to check error log. But it's better to use VPS at least.

With the best regards, Leonid

Quote · 14 Mar 2018

Hello gracey!

Seems you use shared hosting plan which has limited possibility to use similar scripts. For installation you may try to ask your hsoting provider to set this parameter in your PHP "magic_quotes_sybase" to 0 and then try to launch installation again. If it break again with error then you need to check error log. But it's better to use VPS at least.

With the best regards, Leonid

Hi @LeonidS I am using a VPS. Does "magic_quotes_sybase" make any difference? It seems this has now been deprecated and will be removed from PHP soon. See this link: http://php.net/manual/fa/sybase.configuration.php

Quote · 14 Mar 2018

In case someone else runs into this problem, it appears my host had disabled some vital functions in my php.ini config file. 

In the php.ini :

disable_functions ="apache_child_terminate,apache_get_modules,apache_note,apache_setenv......" 

I searched and removed the following functions from that line:

- exec

- ini_set

- mysql_qconnect

Quote · 14 Mar 2018

I got the error from cron daemon

Call to a member function getParam() on null in /var/www/vhosts/website/httpdocs/inc/db.inc.php on line 85

What could be the fault?

Quote · 25 Jul 2019

Hello 

So what info do you have in the error_log at the time of this error appearance?

Quote · 25 Jul 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.