Can not translate Orca !!!

Hello,

I tried many time to translate Orca Forum in two differents language, but I can not!

I translated the file en.php in /orca/xml/langs. I put this file in rca/xml/langs of my site but if I click the link to compile language it appears message of "successfully compiled" but if I make a page refresh I have a white page.

If I try to compile english language, all is ok! But any other language is impossibile to translate. Is it a bug o some other error?

Please, can you help me?

I wish to know whereis the problem to be able to solve by my self this problem.

Thanks.

Regards,

tarab.

Quote · 28 May 2009

same problem again ?... :-)

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/#topic/-Help-Problems-with-lang-compilation-in-Orca-.htm

Quote · 28 May 2009

Yes. I have the same problem, again!

Some time ago you have solved this problem directly by my web site.

So, I upgraded all file (Dolphin, Orca and Ray).

I would like know how you have done the last time to compile language file.

I woulk to understand because I have many languages to compile on this site.

The strangeness is that if I compile "en" language all is ok! But if I compile a perfect copy of en (perfectly translated in an other language) I can not translate it.

Why?

Thanks.

Quote · 28 May 2009

can anyone help me?

Quote · 29 May 2009

Please...I need for solve this problem. I can not use Orca Forum!

Quote · 30 May 2009
Hello Tarab,

You have to start to see where the problem is.

Look in the folder orca / layout, all you need to have a folder base_ and uni_ per language (eg base_en, uni_en) if you have the more you have to delete.

Same orca / js, and orca / classes.

In orca / xml / langs have to have a single file. Php for each language (only one).

Other things to watch are the permissions for the folders.

And most important of all is to save and language in UTF-8 (the best program for editing language is the DreamWeaver).

Suerte
Quote · 30 May 2009

Hello Tarab,

You have to start to see where the problem is.

Look in the folder orca / layout, all you need to have a folder base_ and uni_ per language (eg base_en, uni_en) if you have the more you have to delete.

Same orca / js, and orca / classes.

In orca / xml / langs have to have a single file. Php for each language (only one).

Other things to watch are the permissions for the folders.

And most important of all is to save and language in UTF-8 (the best program for editing language is the DreamWeaver).

Suerte

Hello,

thank you for your support, but I have done yet all things you mentioned.

Who can/want help me?

Quote · 30 May 2009
Hi,

I can help.

However, I need FTP access

greetings
Quote · 30 May 2009

Hi Decano01,

thank you for your help but I wish todo by my self to improve this application.

Can you explain me how I shoul do? In future  Iwill add new languages and for this reason I wish to know How To do.

Can you say me what to do?

Thank you very much.

Quote · 1 Jun 2009

Hello Tarab,

I have 10 social networking sites in different languages (all running "good")

The Dolphins  "only think in English".

However much you read on the forums, and ask for help, are you going to find anything to your website.

Let me explain.

Each time you add a language key, it is quite possible that languages lang-en.php and lang-"x". php is broken.

every time you compile a language will become a "break."

Every time you put new Mod, will continue breaking languages.

Only experience and testing-error, help you know your site and how to fix it.

Orca languages usually do not give problems, are very stable. Therefore you have to "search" where you have the problem, but if you are not the permissions, or duplicate folders, or encoding of the file (with the lack of a comma ( ') or a dot (.) Is sufficient for not exist). Then look for the problem in the template or something you did during setup.

greetings

Quote · 2 Jun 2009

Hi Decano01,

I have make any try. I checked any folders and files. I deleted all files geenrated during language compilation.

So, it's the same problem.

If I compile english language, all is ok; But if I try to compile italian language (which was translated by my self, simply by replacing english words) It generates errors.

I don't know how I should do again.

Quote · 2 Jun 2009
Hello Tarab,

If you want I will send my lang_es.php so you have a reference point and can be compared, and installation instructions for Orca, and you can have a good compilacion of languages.

Send me your email and tell you what version of dolphin.

greetings
Quote · 3 Jun 2009

pvt sent.

Thanks.

Quote · 3 Jun 2009

Tarab,

were you able to solve?

i have SAME problem

you know the answer now?

please help if you do

thanks

Quote · 2 Sep 2011

Hello,

I tried many time to translate Orca Forum in two differents language, but I can not!

I translated the file en.php in /orca/xml/langs. I put this file in rca/xml/langs of my site but if I click the link to compile language it appears message of "successfully compiled" but if I make a page refresh I have a white page.

If I try to compile english language, all is ok! But any other language is impossibile to translate. Is it a bug o some other error?

Please, can you help me?

I wish to know whereis the problem to be able to solve by my self this problem.

Thanks.

Regards,

tarab.

Check if your language is here =

/modules/boonex/forum/integrations/base/langs

Go un noticed ? Please say so if my post helped you in any way.
Quote · 2 Sep 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.