Can someone explain FREE MODE

I have searched the site and documentation on this. I am trying to have a complete members only site. I want people to have to register to gain access. I thought that was what Free Mode did, but since I disabled it, I have seen NO change in the way the site operates. Can someone explain it to me.

thanks,

tom

Quote · 28 Dec 2008

You have to set all option for Guest level off to get visitors register. 
Go to admin - settings - membership levels ...  and click on non-member of the standard leveles to see what to may do on your site.

Also into Builders - naviagtion - menu blocks (set for guests/members)

I hope it helps you further...

Kids first
Quote · 28 Dec 2008

OK, i went ahead and turned off everything for non members in the membership settings and the site is set not set on Free Mode. The issue is that if I turn off all the navigation items from displaying for non members, then it doesnt look as attractive to signup. What I was hoping for is the ability to have the nav still show everything but then prompt uses for a registration if they are not logged in.

Quote · 28 Dec 2008

check out http://www.expertzzz.com/Downloadz/view/3054

mod Page Access Contro

that would help :)

Quote · 28 Dec 2008

insert this into the pages you require security...check its not there first if it is set the member_auth to false...it will tell them they have to login.

//Stop non members seeing pages you dont want them to
if ( !( $logged['admin'] = member_auth( 1, false ) ) )
{
if ( !( $logged['member'] = member_auth( 0, true ) ) )
{
if ( !( $logged['aff'] = member_auth( 2, false )) )
{
$logged['moderator'] = member_auth( 3, false );
}
}
}

Quote · 28 Dec 2008

Thanks, thats a cool mod, but not exactely what I am looking for. I would like people to be prompted to register when they try to access an area, not be told their membership level isnt sufficient. Is this not something that I can do in dolphin out of the box. Its seems this Free Mode would do it, but it doesnt do anything that I can tell.

Quote · 28 Dec 2008

Kosmic,

thanks for the code, that did the trick.

Tom

Quote · 28 Dec 2008

no probs your welcome Laughing

Quote · 28 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.