Cant Connect to the free rms server (with adds)

We have tried integrating ray on our server.

We have opened the ports that the version with adverts uses, i think its like 10000 and 10080, but when i login to the setup and type in the ports and rms.boonex.com . but as soon as i close this window i get the error cant connect to server? I think alot of people are having this problem from what i can see on the forums, but i could see a solution.

Any ideas?

Quote · 7 Aug 2008

come on guyyyyss any ideas?! im sure this problem must be solveable Cry

Quote · 7 Aug 2008

RAY comes in 2 parts.

RAY WIDGETS --> Part 1 and were you are having problems so you think?

RAY MEDIA SERVER --> Part 2 which is what you lack and why you are getting server connect errors.

I am huess that you are only using a SPECIFIC RAY WIDGET??? If so which one?

Good links to check out --> RAY --> GETTING STARTED W/ RAY

Quote · 7 Aug 2008

hi, yeah we wish to use the widgets but we do not want to install the server for now, we wish to use the free test server which has the adverts on, but even when we use the free server details it still says cannot connect to server.

Regards,

Richie

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

i have a same problem,

Quote · 24 Jan 2009

Just a thought.  Has any of the users checked their hosting provider to see if ports 10000 and 10080 are opened for outbound transport.  If your ISP has these blocked then you are not going to establish connection.

canndidcamera

php newbie

MCSE everything

Quote · 30 Mar 2009

Usually dynamically assinged IP's are controlled more intensly than a client having his/her own static IP

candidcamera

php newbie

MCSE everything

Quote · 30 Mar 2009

ok..Still doesn't eliminate the fact that most hosting solutions strictly enforce their ports on websites that do not have a static IP address assigned to the clients node.

For example: If i have a site on an HSP and do not have a static IP assigned to my node (which most don't).  Then my site and all of the other sites will have the same dynamically assigned IP.  From an HSP stand point the security risk of opening 10000, 10080, 1935, 1936 1580 etc to the public would botch their system from unauthorized streaming content.

"1935, 1936 and 5080 ports on your server should be open" <--straight from Ray technical requirments

I am willing to bet that the users that are having problems with their provider do not have a statically assigned IP to their node.

From what I have been reading most users are finding a Unix platform, throwing dolphin, ray or orca on their host and wondering why it doesn't work like the instruction say it should

Quote · 30 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.