Cant Delete Files

I cant delete ORCA files off of my PC or my site through FTP....access denied.  cant change permissions or anything.  What is the deal, how do i delete them

Quote · 21 Jun 2008

You are using a host that has PHP set up wrong (probably Hostforweb).. the only way you can delete those files is go into Cpanel and delete them from there.

Mike

http://www.makeasocialnetwork.com

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 21 Jun 2008

you need to set the permission back from apache to yours, this can only into the server itself or ask your hoster to that for you.

For most shared hosted users they can't do it by themselves, because you need root access.

Kids first
Quote · 21 Jun 2008

Hi,

Yeah just send an email to your host mentioning the problem and they will normally reset it so you can gain access through FTP.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 21 Jun 2008

or to practice dolphin for awile and get everything in tact and then tranfer it over to a bigger hosting company I suggest you to install

www.wamp5.com but the site is down so download the 1.7.4 for now

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=116092&use_mirror=internap&filename=wamp5_1.7.4.exe&62620826

( mini windows home server ) and it works perfectly with dolphin products right from the confort of your home Wink

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

i tried it in cpanel....i could delete them, and as soon as i went to another folder and came back they were there again

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

Hi,

Just email your host and tell them you dont have permission for the files you have uploaded.

Host for web did this to me - told me I must have used a script to upload files and it was set for non user. When I meialed them and told them I had used Filzilla they went in and reset permissions for me.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.