Categories Block

Hello,

I would like to be able to add the categories block as an element on my "files home" page.  I don't really like that the user has to navigate to it via a separate page.  When I use the page builder to edit the layout and contents of the "files home" page, the categories block is not an option to add.  Is it possible?

Thanks!

Lynne

Quote · 23 May 2016

You could add your own HTML block and put in links to the main categories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 23 May 2016

Enable code block, by opening one time the following url: http://your-domain.com/your-path/administration/pageBuilder.php?action_sys=addCodeBlock

Drag it to the desired place and insert the following code there:

bx_import('BxTemplCategories');
        $oCategories = new BxTemplCategories();
        $oCategories->getTagObjectConfig(array('status' => 'active'));

if(empty($oCategories->aTagObjects))
            return '';

$aParam = array(
            'type' => 'bx_files',
            'limit' => getParam('categ_perpage_browse'),
            'orderby' => 'popular'
        );

$sMenu = $oCategories->getCategTopMenu($aParam);
        return $oCategories->display($aParam, $iBlockId, '', false, getParam('categ_show_columns'));
Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 29 May 2016

I'm sure there are plenty more tricks we can do with this code block; if only we knew how.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 29 May 2016

You have to hang around the forums for a while to pick up all these snippets, tips and tricks.

I tried to find such things in documentation unfortunately couldn't find anything.

I'm sure there are plenty more tricks we can do with this code block; if only we knew how.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote · 29 May 2016

Can I do this from the dashboard?  I tried using the page builder and adding an HTML block with the code that AlexT recommended, but it just showed the actual code on the page.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks!

Lynne

Quote · 29 May 2016

Can I do this from the dashboard?  I tried using the page builder and adding an HTML block with the code that AlexT recommended, but it just showed the actual code on the page.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks!

Lynne

The block Alex is referring to is a php block, for handling php code. An HTML block DOES NOT recognize php code, and as such, will not work.

caredesign.net
Quote · 29 May 2016

Thank you for the clarification ProfessorSr.  

Quote · 29 May 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.