Changin mysql_pconnect in mysql_connect

Hi,

my server doesn't support mysql_pconnect, so changed the mysql_pconnect in mysql_connect. Evething works fine, but after a few minutes, my administrator server ban me because Dolphin create too many connections. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for your answer.

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Hiya,

It's probably best to have a dedicated server. Which host are you using?

Rob

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

webhosting.uk.com

I don't want to use a dedicated server.

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

I use dolphingeeks.com and haven't had any problems. It's shared but, at some point I will need a dedicated server.

Rob

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Sharred hosting models for the most part are not designed for "Concurrent Community Content Generation" which is why your having error connections...You don't need a dedicated at first but eventually your community "if large" enough will. There are "several" people that provide hosting for the DOLPHIN software, myself included. I recommend you utilize one of "US."

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Which file is the Mysql pconnect (persistant connect) command in and what is the optimum setting for a shared server?

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 3 Sep 2008

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/#topic/Script-causing-unclosed-connection.htm

Here are all the details Stuart!

Enjoy!

~~L

Quote · 3 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.