Changing Install Location, RMS & Geocoding

Hi,

There are a few issues with my dolphin 6.1 site I would like to iron out before it is launched. At present I am running completely free with ads, although I intend to purchase add-free versions as soon as I am confident this is the correct platform to be using.

I am new to Dolphin and therefore only have the 2 weeks experience since installation.

First issue, how can I change the install location from http://www.onlinenorthern.co.uk/community to the primary directory. I have looked through the settings, database and some files but can't find a livesite string or something similar to alter.

Secondly, I have never been able to connect to the boonex rms and have read multiple articles regarding this, if my url has to be added to an authorisation database then it would be appreciated.

Thirdly, is there an option to get UK geocoding, for example, I would like music fans to be able to do a search for gigs within say 20 miles or where they are. I understand UK geocoding can be expensive due to rights issues with the Royal Mail owning the post codes as far as I understand, and even google maps API removed this feature towards the end of last year, however if there are any suggestions regarding this I would love to hear them, if necessary I do regard it as a feature worth paying for.

Lastly, it is so very important that I can include working hyperlinks in the profile, preferably with alt text rather than the full string, to enable direct access to the reviews and band/venue booking applications I have running.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Best wishes with your site.  I can speak to your third point.  Vespen (Panther) created this mod to provide links within a profile.  You will need to simply create custom fields that use this  new field type.  It works perfectly.

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&topic_id=-MOD-Hyperlink-new-field-type

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Excellent this suggest works great thanks :-)

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Another issue I have found is that the site isn't sending emails, where is the option to configure email sending?

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

To change the location open the file "inc/header.inc.php"

and edit the variables

$site['root']

$dir['root']

It seems the BoonEx RMS is not yet updated.

For the search you can enable the search by zipcode in admin panel. You have to install UK zip codes for this.

You can also change the mails in the above files.

Check whether your host has not blocked the mail function.

Regards,

Praveen

----
Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Ben,
Google provide a really easy API to allow you to add full UK Geo-coding into any site.
Geo-code by its very nature works with grid locations and Google's API itself interacts with the post code system, leaving you out of the situation completely... you just follow a few steps in Googles MAP's Geo-code instructions to customise it to how you wish to use it.

Hope that gives you an alternative for Map plotting, distance/route and location pinning.

Cheers,

TheDon Sansone,
TheNerve.tv

Quote · 1 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.