Changing appearance and order of Articles

I find the articles page, as it exists by default, to not be user friendly.  I'd like to do the following and would appreciate any guidance on the topic:

1 - For the member view I would like for the article categories to a) be in alphabetical order, not in the order added, and b) show like the groups with the category name and the number of articles on that topic next to it.

2 - In the Admin area I'd like the categories to show in alpha order, not in order added.

3 - When adding new articles I'd like the category drop down list to be in alpha order, not in order added.

4 - Remove the ability for members to add articles, only allow that for the admin.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PS:  Is there a way to subscribe to threads because having to go back and locate them in the list to check for new responses is a bit annoying.

Quote · 17 Mar 2009

Yet another unanswered yet important question - and I also ask the exact same...

How do we change the appearance and layout of our pages ?

Quote · 2 Apr 2009

Good day,

Has anyone found a solution for 7.1.4 i

I have the same questions but don't know the answer.

Thanks

Clement

Quote · 10 Aug 2014

1 - 3: You can probably add an ORDER to the sql query that displays the categories.

4: The only person who is allowed to add articles is the site Admin. Have never seen any option for a site user/member to be able to add articles.

caredesign.net
Quote · 10 Aug 2014

Good day Professor,

It is not for categories, it is for articles within a category.  I have a category called Tutorials that I wish to display articles in a specific order.

Here is a bit more details to explain my issue:

I have a series of tutorial like the following:

Readme First
Domain 1 Subject 1
Domain 2 Subject 2
Domain 3 Subject 3
Domain 12 Subject 12

I have modified Readme First and now it is being displayed at the bottom of the other articles when I would like it to be at the top.

Is there a way to control the way the order in which the articles will be displayed.  I have tried using a date in the past but it did not change the way they are displayed.

Any help would be welcome

Best regards

Clement

Quote · 11 Aug 2014

Same concept should apply - find the sql query that lists the articles, and add/modify the ORDER part of it.

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Aug 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.