Chat+ Direct Messages

Well, since I managed to figure out how to get the Push Notifications working, I decided to go a step further. So, I put a button on the Profile page in the Actions block Called Chat plus. Clicking this button will open a small window with the Chat+. This will be a Direct message between you and the person you want to communicate with. The window is resizeable so the user can adjust to fit their own preference.

With that - one scenario comes to mind - what if the person you are trying to contact is not online. For me - at this point in time - it is not a big deal. Since Push notifications are now working - if the other person logs into the Chat at some point in time and does not LOG OUT (closing does not log you out - app is still running in the background) - you will get a notification of the message that was sent to you. If you have never used the Chat+ or have actually logged out, it still does not worry me at this time. If people really start complaining then I may have to revisit this thought.

profile page with Chat+ button.jpg · 130.2K · 567 views
caredesign.net
Quote · 20 Feb 2016

Can you link it to the online friends? That would be nice. One more thing as this action open a popup. So on mobile it would open individual popups for different online users. On dolphin mobile app how it would work? will dolphin app open up the rocketchat app?

Umar Haroon
Quote · 20 Feb 2016

I guess it would be possible to incorporate with the online friends - just need the variable which is the username of the person you want to message.

Now, if using a mobile device and looking at the normal website - no - it does not open multiple chat boxes. If you initiate a chat with one person, and then try to initiate a chat with a different person - the original window with the first chat will refresh with the new person you want to chat with. You can always enlarge the chat window and see the multiple chat sessions you have going on.

If referring to the mobile app - I do not know - I  cant get my site to connect with the mobile app. Not sure if it is because of https or because i am using 7.3 beta 2

caredesign.net
Quote · 20 Feb 2016

please , tutorial for add chat+ to profile

thank you

Quote · 6 Mar 2016

How add? help

Quote · 6 Mar 2016

I am doing a fresh install - once done, I will post the sql to run

caredesign.net
Quote · 6 Mar 2016

INSERT INTO `sys_objects_actions` (`ID`, `Caption`, `Icon`, `Url`, `Script`, `Eval`, `Order`, `Type`, `bDisplayInSubMenuHeader`) VALUES (NULL, '{evalResult}', 'envelope', '', 'window.open(''https://chat.yourdomain.com/direct/{NickName}'', '''', ''linkbar=no, status=no, menubar=no, toolbar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, top=500, left=0, width=400, height=400'')', 'if ({ID} == {member_id}) return; return _t(''Chat'');', '2', 'Profile', '0');

Change items in red to fit your needs

caredesign.net
Quote · 7 Mar 2016

thank you

Quote · 7 Mar 2016

Hi Prof,

What exactly does the below do? does it add the button in the action block?

INSERT INTO `sys_objects_actions` (`ID`, `Caption`, `Icon`, `Url`, `Script`, `Eval`, `Order`, `Type`, `bDisplayInSubMenuHeader`) VALUES (NULL, '{evalResult}', 'envelope', '', 'window.open(''https://chat.yourdomain.com/direct/{NickName}'', '''', ''linkbar=no, status=no, menubar=no, toolbar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, top=500, left=0, width=400, height=400'')', 'if ({ID} == {member_id}) return; return _t(''Chat'');', '2', 'Profile', '0');

Quote · 17 Mar 2016

yes

Hi Prof,

What exactly does the below do? does it add the button in the action block?

caredesign.net
Quote · 17 Mar 2016

Hi ProfessorSr,

I did this sql query but when I click on chat button in action block I have "No user with user name xxx found".

Quote · 23 Jul 2016

Hello there is more information about this is what it works correctly.

Vince
Quote · 2 Aug 2017

Thank you it works well

Vince
Quote · 8 Aug 2017

I made a slight change to the sql script. This does work with 7.3.3.1 - i just tried it.

INSERT INTO `sys_objects_actions` (`ID`, `Caption`, `Icon`, `Url`, `Script`, `Eval`, `Order`, `Type`, `bDisplayInSubMenuHeader`) VALUES (NULL, '{evalResult}', 'wechat', '', 'window.open(''https://chat.yourdomain.com/direct/{NickName}'', '''', ''linkbar=no, status=no, menubar=no, toolbar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, top=500, left=0, width=400, height=400'')', 'if ({ID} == {member_id}) return; return _t(''Chat'');', '2', 'Profile', '0');

caredesign.net
Quote · 5 Sep 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.